Author Topic: ALL PHYSICS DOUBTS - POST HERE !!  (Read 197618 times)

Offline Vin

• SF V.I.P
    • Theory of Life - A new skew.
Re: ALL PHYSICS DOUBTS - POST HERE !!
« Reply #900 on: May 21, 2010, 06:07:33 pm »
well then my mistake

can u explain why into out of paper?Huh?

With L.H. rule the connvectional current goes upwards..so electron should go downwards shouldnt it??

FIELD IS DOWN FIRST FINGER ( POINTING TOWRDS ME )
SECOND  ( TO THE RIGHT )
THUMB IS UP
whats wrong?

for the october question please explain !

Use this interactive site .. keep pressing space to get further explanation .. still u didnt get it ask ..

http://www.furryelephant.com/content/radioactivity/discovery-radioactivity-nucleus/flemings-left-hand-rule-alpha-beta/

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
  • Egyptian And so damn proud . I love you jesus!
« Reply #901 on: May 21, 2010, 06:08:22 pm »
poeple how should i study for paper 3 physics

i believe i should mainly concentrate on memorizing the notes very well ,and i think that past papers r  not a necessity as practsing for paper 6 , u kno what i mean

so what do u suggest? ....answer ASAP plz
well defintly go over the notes first but past papers are as important as notes ! but go over all the notes first ..shouldnt take much !  then enjoy owning past papers

PS; SOME1 ASNWER MY QEUSTION?
NO secrets to SUCCESS , it is the result of 1.HARD WORK 2.GOOD PREPARATION 3.LEARNING FROM FAILURE
But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward-Balboa

Offline J.Darren

• SF Geek
« Reply #902 on: May 21, 2010, 06:10:44 pm »
well then my mistake

can u explain why into out of paper?Huh?

With L.H. rule the connvectional current goes upwards..so electron should go downwards shouldnt it??

FIELD IS DOWN FIRST FINGER ( POINTING TOWRDS ME )
SECOND  ( TO THE RIGHT )
THUMB IS UP
whats wrong?

for the october question please explain !
You flip the direction of the finger that represent the current.

In the case for beta particle

The finger : To the left.
Index finger : Towards you.
Thumb : Downwards.
Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline J.Darren

• SF Geek
« Reply #903 on: May 21, 2010, 06:11:30 pm »
well defintly go over the notes first but past papers are as important as notes ! but go over all the notes first ..shouldnt take much !  then enjoy owning past papers

PS; SOME1 ASNWER MY QEUSTION?
I think for Physics it is vital to understand the concepts, even more so compared to the other subjects ...
Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Vin

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #904 on: May 21, 2010, 06:13:07 pm »
poeple how should i study for paper 3 physics

i believe i should mainly concentrate on memorizing the notes very well ,and i think that past papers r  not a necessity as practsing for paper 6 , u kno what i mean

so what do u suggest? ....answer ASAP plz

paper 6 or 3 ??

for physics, yes study your notes very well .. also solve as many ques as possible from past papers or ur text book .. i took 2 days to do tht before my mock.. each and every question in the book and never did any past papers and got A* in the mock .. i was really benefited tht time .. i was SO freaking lacking behind in physics !! now im solving solely past papers.. also i'll study notes before the day of the exam

BEST OF LUCK !! :D :D

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #905 on: May 21, 2010, 06:15:55 pm »
paper 6 or 3 ??

for physics, yes study your notes very well .. also solve as many ques as possible from past papers or ur text book .. i took 2 days to do tht before my mock.. each and every question in the book and never did any past papers and got A* in the mock .. i was really benefited tht time .. i was SO freaking lacking behind in physics !! now im solving solely past papers.. also i'll study notes before the day of the exam

BEST OF LUCK !! :D :D

thx alot
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
« Reply #906 on: May 21, 2010, 06:17:13 pm »
You flip the direction of the finger that represent the current.

In the case for beta particle

The finger : To the left.
Index finger : Towards you.
Thumb : Downwards.
since thumb is downwoards does the mean beta particles are downwards or convection current wire moves downwards?
NO secrets to SUCCESS , it is the result of 1.HARD WORK 2.GOOD PREPARATION 3.LEARNING FROM FAILURE
But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward-Balboa

Offline Vin

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #907 on: May 21, 2010, 06:20:39 pm »
since thumb is downwoards does the mean beta particles are downwards or convection current wire moves downwards?

ALPHA PARTICLES ARE +VE SO THEY MOVE LIKE CONVENTIONAL CURRENT .. i.e. THEY MOVE IN THE DIRECTION OF WHICH U POINT

BETA ARE -VE CHARGES SO THEY MOVE IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION .. THEY ARE MOST DEFLECTED BY THE MAGNETIC FIELD

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
« Reply #908 on: May 21, 2010, 06:25:44 pm »
ALPHA PARTICLES ARE +VE SO THEY MOVE LIKE CONVENTIONAL CURRENT .. i.e. THEY MOVE IN THE DIRECTION OF WHICH U POINT

BETA ARE -VE CHARGES SO THEY MOVE IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION .. THEY ARE MOST DEFLECTED BY THE MAGNETIC FIELD
that means they should move into the page?

my thumb pointed up when i used convecitonal current..so now it should point down with ebta particles?

Offline J.Darren

• SF Geek
« Reply #909 on: May 21, 2010, 06:28:49 pm »
that means they should move into the page?

my thumb pointed up when i used convecitonal current..so now it should point down with ebta particles?
Ditto. In the case for beta particle, reverse the direction of the current. Equally, the thumb should be pointing upside down if that is the case as the direction of the magnetic field remains unchanged.

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
« Reply #910 on: May 21, 2010, 06:37:55 pm »
Ditto. In the case for beta particle, reverse the direction of the current. Equally, the thumb should be pointing upside down if that is the case as the direction of the magnetic field remains unchanged.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool  :O

im moving teh position of my finger :/ i didnt twist my hand to get the direction !!!!! looool i was jst changin position of my figners lool what an idiot !!!!!! christ !! thanks guys u both saved me big time ! and sorry for makin u go crazy !

Offline guMnam

• !!~~**~~!!
  • SF Farseer
  • !!~~guMnam~~!!
« Reply #911 on: May 21, 2010, 06:51:31 pm »
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool  :O

im moving teh position of my finger :/ i didnt twist my hand to get the direction !!!!! looool i was jst changin position of my figners lool what an idiot !!!!!! christ !! thanks guys u both saved me big time ! and sorry for makin u go crazy !
hmm it happens sumtimes wen u study too much  ;)

I <3 Challenges
Never give up :)

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
« Reply #912 on: May 22, 2010, 07:27:47 am »
May june 2001

Question 8 (A) part 2

why is resistance of lamp  4/.4??? = 10 Ohms..10 Ohms would be resistanc of the whole circuit !! + the coild of wire , or do we pretend that tthe coil of wire doesnt have resistance?? ( but then in part (B) it tells you the wire has resistance hmm)?? ???

Why dont we use 1.5 / .4??

Thanks in advanced!

holtadit

« Reply #913 on: May 22, 2010, 07:34:02 am »
Okay.

There is low heat on the thermistor.

SO  Its resistance RISES

P.D. across thermistor RISES

As the Resistance of R1 is LESS THAN the resistance of the THERMISTOR  the Voltage output to the Transistor is LARGER than 0.6V.

So the transistor switches on and the lamp lights.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would this get me 3 marks ? Is the explanation correct ? Its from summer 2007 paper 3 Question 10
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 07:36:35 am by Ari Ben Canaan »

Offline WARRIOR

• SF Master
« Reply #914 on: May 22, 2010, 07:46:53 am »
Okay.

There is low heat on the thermistor.

SO  Its resistance RISES

P.D. across thermistor RISES

As the Resistance of R1 is LESS THAN the resistance of the THERMISTOR  the Voltage output to the Transistor is LARGER than 0.6V.

So the transistor switches on and the lamp lights.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would this get me 3 marks ? Is the explanation correct ? Its from summer 2007 paper 3 Question 10
MOST PROBABLY YEAH..
my teachers explanation waas :

Heat decreases the resistance of thermistor. The voltage accrose base and emittor is enough to swicht on the transistor and lamp lights

hmm it doesnt tell you high or low temperature so you choose whatver u want