Author Topic: space exploration or not?  (Read 7857 times)

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
Re: space exploration or not?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2009, 09:26:28 am »
Am sorry, you reply almost instantaneously... And I.... ::)
Wasn't home for some time. Just came back.  ;)
yea i thought i already said me got no life  :D

It's sense to be always thinking about the future, even though YOU yourself may not be there. Like it was sense when our forefathers planted trees and watered them regularly for us to be able to reap the fruits now. I know we live in the present, but we shouldn't forget either that the future for us is what will be the present for others.
and yet, they had no problems killing those lovely dinosaurs and mamoths  :P

My grandfather's grand grandfather as well couldn't see Man walking on the Moon!  :D :P
yea fine fair enuf

Okay, let it be, the confusion... Doesn't matter.  :)
yea you same to get me confused too often  :D

Yes, I didn't deny either... BUT the problem is not money, it's EQUAL DISTRIBUTION, which, in turn, depends on BETTER EDUCATION. The world has money, it just doesn't use this money as it should be!
Famine, wars and space... You don't stop medication for cholera if you have got diarrhea, do you?
Only if cholera is coming on the long term, i think  ??? its not spending money on exploration that i was against, its the excessive attention that it was given that left more endangering (at the present) problems virtually ignored (ea i know theres help but its not anywhere near enough).

Thank You  :)

Debating is more concerned with the WAY you fight your cause, rather than the cause you're fighting.

I'm gonna admit too...

Actually, I had wanted to be debating against space exploration... but when I read everybody's previous posts, I realised that the arguments were not balanced... Why not go for it then?  ;)

You're a good partner to debate with. Thank you for being there.  :) For not abandoning.  ;)

You still got few points yet, keep to the same side.  ;)

so wait, you saying you coulda actually thrown in the same fyte from both sides? waaaw!
thank you  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If only there were more participants, it would have been a more active debate.

too bad we dont have so much big-mouthed peeps  ;D

(p.s. how do you do the seperate quotes thingie?)
Nothing is worse than being surrounded by people and yet you still feel lonely

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2009, 01:15:48 pm »
Space exploration should definitely continue without any question.

Offline staceyboy3

• SF Geek
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 01:49:57 pm »
Space exploration should definitely continue without any question.

With all that money they spend on space exploration, is it really a good idea?
Relax, enjoy and be LAZY!

Alpha

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 02:15:06 pm »
@Omer

and yet, they had no problems killing those lovely dinosaurs and mamoths

NO PROBLEMS????

You wanna start another debate?  ;) :P :P :P

its the excessive attention that it was given that left more endangering (at the present) problems virtually ignored (ea i know theres help but its not anywhere near enough).

That's politics, rightwing politics. Politics existing IN this world, what does space come here for?

so wait, you saying you coulda actually thrown in the same fyte from both sides? waaaw!

Why only me?? ANYONE can do it, YOU can do it too!

By the way, you could have also talked about accidents, space pollution.... and all... ::)

P.S. 2nd row, 3rd icon from the right... Click on the icon for conversation, which is below "Change colour". Ya, do select what you wanna quote.

@Master786

I know you are one of the admins.... but still, am gonna tell you something silly:

FEEL AT HOME.... :D :D

@Lone$tar

LOL

There is space for questions in space....  :D

We're just trying to fill space with answers...  :D

@Stacey

WELCOME!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

At last!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:18:36 pm by ~Alpha »

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 02:27:07 pm »

@Omer

NO PROBLEMS????

You wanna start another debate?  ;) :P :P :P
*Runs for wikipedia :P *
yea maybe we should make some sort of list of debating topics and tackle them once per week?

That's politics, rightwing politics. Politics existing IN this world, what does space come here for?

*looks up left wing and right wing*

Why only me?? ANYONE can do it, YOU can do it too!

By the way, you could have also talked about accidents, space pollution.... and all... ::)
well i did debate on both sides of coed schools and death sentences (and i won in three of the four occasions  8) ) but i never actually thought that space exploration is a "debatable" subject, looks more like a right-or-wrong to me

P.S. 2nd row, 3rd icon from the right... Click on the icon for conversation, which is below "Change colour". Ya, do select what you wanna quote.[/quote]

yay thanks it worked  :)

Alpha

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2009, 02:36:47 pm »
 :D You are SLOWWWW  :P :P :P
*Runs for wikipedia Tongue *

You run, I will FLY!  ;D :D

yea maybe we should make some sort of list of debating topics and tackle them once per week?

Ya, sure. That's a nice idea... But don't mind my late replies please... Actually, my uncle's getting married.... Just busy with all the preparations...

*looks up left wing and right wing*

LOL :D

well i did debate on both sides of coed schools and death sentences (and i won in three of the four occasions  Cool ) but i never actually thought that space exploration is a "debatable" subject, looks more like a right-or-wrong to me

Hahaha, I've been debating since long too...  I neva lost... ;) Till now.... Hehehe, maybe in the future....

Everything in life has a bright and dark side-- everything not personal is debatable...LOL

yay thanks it worked

Welcome  :)
Yup, I got a demonstration... ;D

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2009, 02:42:57 pm »
With all that money they spend on space exploration, is it really a good idea?

Do you know that a few days ago, water was discovered on the moon?

I'm thinking of establishing a real estate company for building houses, structures, blocks and other buildings at the moon. ;D

We can even sell lands of moon to people, whereas people thinks that, they are building a safe future for their kids (as earth becomes more polluted and congested in 2020)! Don't say that people will not buy them : Some people travel to space, paying hefty sums of money, whereas it brings no real financial benifit to them. If the condition of earth, somewhat, becomes more polluted, people may consider it in the long run.

C'mon, think business!!!  ;D

Space provides us humans with many future business opportunities like this one. At present, they may seem to be far fetched. None of you may agree with me. But in near future, it might present as a real opportunity for me and you.

NB This is just my opinion and thinking. You may not agree to me. Please try to argue softly, if you do not do so.

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2009, 02:48:20 pm »

:D You are SLOWWWW  :P :P :P
You run, I will FLY!  ;D :D

actually am usually quick but i keep getting called by my mom today  >:( no worries ama be back to my usual speed in half an hour or so lol

Ya, sure. That's a nice idea... But don't mind my late replies please... Actually, my uncle's getting married.... Just busy with all the preparations...

no worries, i aint gonna be posting so often myself by the end of this month
LOL :D

Hahaha, I've been debating since long too...  I neva lost... ;) Till now.... Hehehe, maybe in the future...
then now i have a goal in life :P

Everything in life has a bright and dark side-- everything not personal is debatable...LOL

Welcome  :)
Yup, I got a demonstration... ;D

Offline vakarian

• SF Immigrant
  • fighting ftw !
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2009, 02:58:58 pm »
well ...for who want to explore space ,why not .
and for those who don't want ,then stay here .

imagine there will be mass relays some day :P
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Relay
Every thought why you reading this ?..

Alpha

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2009, 07:02:28 am »
@Lone$tar

Do you know that a few days ago, water was discovered on the moon?

AND on the moons of Jupiter and Mars....   :)

I'm thinking of establishing a real estate company for building houses, structures, blocks and other buildings at the moon. Grin

We can even sell lands of moon to people, whereas people thinks that, they are building a safe future for their kids (as earth becomes more polluted and congested in 2020)! Don't say that people will not buy them : Some people travel to space, paying hefty sums of money, whereas it brings no real financial benifit to them. If the condition of earth, somewhat, becomes more polluted, people may consider it in the long run.

C'mon, think business!!!  Grin

Sell our ONE and ONLY Moon?

Hydrogen also is a part of space, why not sell it too? And the Sun?
*Buy One Get One Free  ;D :P"

I am among those who are against selling 'public property'.

How would it be were all public hospitals sold? If every road was privatized? Where would the public go?

Business is good, but not with anything.

The Moon is a UNIVERSAL property, not personal. If we keep selling, we'll soon come to a situation where EVERYTHING IS FOR HUMANS, AND NOTHING FOR HUMANITY.

Sure, we can use the resources... but I think the World Government is in a better position to take decisions regarding this. Or the NASA, but not anyone.

I had read in one of the threads here that parts of the Moon have already been sold to screen stars, something I am against, strictly against.

I only hope there are enough people in this world who will do the possible to save our Moon from the savage human grip.

P.S. *Blue, the colour of Peace  ;)*.
It's a debate, the language we would use should be appropriate for making arguments. Yea, none of us would be pointing arrows at you or using abusive language. The doors are closed to close-minded people. Just do not carry discussions outside the threads. Leave all grudges here itself.
On the contrary, we're grateful that you joined here. More people, more fun.  ;) Feel free to express yourself.
I hope I have been "soft".

@Omer

then now i have a goal in life  :P
Very funny  :P
I'll wait for the day.  ;) ;D
It's good to win, but it's not bad to lose.

@Vakarian
well ...for who want to explore space ,why not .
and for those who don't want ,then stay here .

Hehehe, abrupt and true! Agreed.  :)

imagine there will be mass relays some day  :P

Sports? Wouldn't it be better to use space for SURVIVAL first?  :P

Offline vakarian

• SF Immigrant
  • fighting ftw !
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2009, 09:13:43 am »
lol ,its not about sports ...

its a relay between two arms of galaxy ,making travelling of thousands of light years possible in few days ..
Every thought why you reading this ?..

Alpha

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2009, 11:56:09 am »
lol ,its not about sports ...

its a relay between two arms of galaxy ,making travelling of thousands of light years possible in few days ..

OK, saves time.  ;D :)

Offline staceyboy3

• SF Geek
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2009, 12:25:15 pm »
OK, saves time.  ;D :)

But requires a dam lot of energy. To go the speed of light you need an infinite amount of energy. Not going to happen.
Relax, enjoy and be LAZY!

Alpha

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2009, 12:52:16 pm »
But requires a dam lot of energy. To go the speed of light you need an infinite amount of energy. Not going to happen.

Why not? Space is infinite, energy too is, as far as I know.  ;)

Maybe it will not happen, maybe we will die before. But surely, we can give it a try.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2009, 01:55:53 pm »
@Lone$tar

AND on the moons of Jupiter and Mars....   :)

Sell our ONE and ONLY Moon?

*Buy One Get One Free  ;D :P"

I am among those who are against selling 'public property'.

How would it be were all public hospitals sold? If every road was privatized? Where would the public go?

The Moon is a UNIVERSAL property, not personal. If we keep selling, we'll soon come to a situation where EVERYTHING IS FOR HUMANS, AND NOTHING FOR HUMANITY.

Sure, we can use the resources... but I think the World Government is in a better position to take decisions regarding this. Or the NASA, but not anyone.

I had read in one of the threads here that parts of the Moon have already been sold to screen stars, something I am against, strictly against.

I only hope there are enough people in this world who will do the possible to save our Moon from the savage human grip.

P.S. *Blue, the colour of Peace  ;)*.
It's a debate, the language we would use should be appropriate for making arguments. Yea, none of us would be pointing arrows at you or using abusive language. The doors are closed to close-minded people. Just do not carry discussions outside the threads. Leave all grudges here itself.
On the contrary, we're grateful that you joined here. More people, more fun.  ;) Feel free to express yourself.
I hope I have been "soft".

@Omer
 Very funny  :P
I'll wait for the day.  ;) ;D
It's good to win, but it's not bad to lose.

@Vakarian
Hehehe, abrupt and true! Agreed.  :)

Sports? Wouldn't it be better to use space for SURVIVAL first?  :P

*Buy One Get One Free   "

Hydrogen is not salable from space. Firstly, moon does not have hydrogen in its atmosphere. Secondly, hydrogen is not needed for our survival.  :P Sun is too dangerous as it is too hot for us. Nobody will want to buy sun! :P I was just talking about our moon, about which we know the most and which is the least farthest from us also, easy for us to explore.

1>   In case you haven't noticed, I assumed that human is in such a stage that in 10-20 years of time, they will be able to travel to moon with ease and will be able to live there with ease. I am sure they will be.

Sure, we can use the resources... but I think the World Government is in a better position to take decisions regarding this. Or the NASA, but not anyone

I had read in one of the threads here that parts of the Moon have already been sold to screen stars, something I am against, strictly against..

You misunderstood me! Suppose that NASA today is the explorer of the moon. There are also many others. The EU set up a space exploration agency to prevent the monopoly of the USA in this field. Even Bangladesh has started a project which involves building a rocket and researching space and moon by 2015. The whole 'space' is not 'cornered' entirely by NASA or any other agency. Your belief is mistaken. You mentioned that they are selling lands to us. If it becomes easy to lead life in moon, they will sell these land in more quantities to us, in order to cover their huge cost of space exploration. As they are selling land to us, we will be able to claim those land once moon becomes completely livable.

What I am talking about is that Land on the moon will probably be a very good investment if a serious problem occurs on earth (provided that condition 1 has been met). We always think for the short term. Think - if the effects of greenhouse warming occurs to the extent that even developed countries are flooded, or world war III occurs, people will look for alternative means of living. Suddenly, we can sell the land which we bought beforehand, at much higher prices to the rich citizens at that time who will be able to afford and go to moon and start a new life afresh, far from the calamities of the earth.

It is good as long as we make profit and offers good return into the future - Thats what I understand! You may have a different opinion.

EVERYTHING IS FOR HUMANS, AND NOTHING FOR HUMANITY.
We humans as being the best creature has been entitled to everything which is in the universe. It is our right to go and explore the moon!!! You must understand this!

I'm assuming that you are 'against' this debate (ie do not want space exploration)

NB. These are my opinion only. You may have different opinions.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 01:57:52 pm by Lone$tar »