Author Topic: Hate? Do we have to hate because we are humans?  (Read 19152 times)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
Re: Hate? Do we have to hate because we are humans?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 09:34:37 am »
Yeah, hate kills BIG TIME. Like it really does PAIN.

I can't hate anyone or allow myself to do so because it only makes my life miserable!

Seconded. 8)

I am with Mony on this. (: [as always] :P
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 09:35:44 am »
I think it is a waste of time and energy to hate someone. But I still need to learn how NOT to hate someone and waste time.

Alpha

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 06:43:06 pm »

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.”

Every King knows how to rule himself.

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 08:45:01 pm »
@Romeesa, soul sisters. =]

@Stylish, make it a habit. It'll take 21 days perhaps until you start getting used to it.

To stop hating, you first need to forgive those who hurt you in the past. Any energy put forth in the way of hatred, guilt, envy, etc., expressed toward people who have hurt you is wasted energy. Spending time being upset and sad gives your power away to people who have hurt you. They control your feelings like this, because when they appear in front of you..you feel anger and when they go away you feel better. It's like they got the key to your own feelings and they know very well how to put you in a bad mood. Do NOT give your power away.

People come and go in our lives many times throughout our lifetime, spending time hating someone steals your happiness and time better spent on positive things. Also, that person who was careless enough to hurt you, isn't effected whatsoever by your hostile feelings, but you are miserable.

Forgive them, then move on. Someday you will thank them for making you strong. ;)

Just remember one thing : The hate will hurt you more than them. =]

@Alpha, 'Every King knows how to rule himself', perfect saying. =]

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 09:12:00 pm »
^Well said, sis. (:

Hating others won't make you any better than them. ;)

One of my fav. quotes:
'Where there is love, there is life.' -Gandhi :D

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 09:21:30 pm »
^Well said, sis. (:

Hating others won't make you any better than them. ;)

One of my fav. quotes:
'Where there is love, there is life.' -Gandhi :D

Gandhi is a great man. I am reading a book about him and Martin Luther King. :D

Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 09:25:44 pm »
Gandhi is a great man. I am reading a book about him and Martin Luther King. :D
Indeed, he is! ;D My Dad bought me a book on Gandhi and Churchill. Will be reading it soon, IA. :D

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 07:39:26 pm »
Every heart that is not aflame is no heart;
A frozen heart is nothing but a handful of clay.
O God! Give me a breast that sets ablaze,
And in that breast a heart and that heart consumed with fire.

In Islam, the concept of love is one of the most important concepts. This fact manifests itself in Islamic philosophy, theology, mysticism and ethics; indeed, in some aspects, it plays the crucial role. For example, in defining the Islamic point of view on the relation between God and Universe in general, and between God and Mankind in particular, love has the most significant and profound place. Love is so central in Islam that it is seep as "the firmest handhold of faith" and "faith (Iman) is nothing but love for the sake of God and hate for the sake of God".

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 12:57:50 am »
I agree that hate is most harmful to the one harboring such an emotion. Negative emotions like envy, jealousy, hate, suspicion and hence any amount of grudges are like placing poison inside of your mind. However, to say that one can rid oneself of hate completely and be a loving being who loves everyone and everything...in my opinion, is a fatuous claim. Hate is the reciprocal of love and where there is love, there is hate.

The world is filled with a drastic variety of people, and we all have some principles, whether we conform to a religion or not. There will be people who do not conform to your beliefs and you learn to tolerate them, accept them as individuals who have made their choices. There will be people who work against you and your ideals, significantly harming material or abstract things significant to you or other human lives.

Can I love Hitler? No, frankly I can't. I can accept that the various theories about him being a sociopath, a schizophrenic and whatnot are true and like most psychopaths/serial killers, he's simply a sick guy who ended up doing horrible things out of his sickness, I still cannot love him because what he did to at least a couple of generations of the European and US community cannot be just ignored.

I'm not saying that one should go around tossing grenades at German people, because that's just plain stupid, but I believe in standing for your principles, defining them and protecting them. It's who I am and I can't deny it just because someone will have to look bad in my head. Hate is a very strong word and I've only used it for a few people, and never for people I know personally--because yes, it's a harmful poison. Just like war and any other aggressive state of mind or affairs. But you don't stop vouching for it simply because it can be detrimental; it serves bigger purposes and speaks for your values. At least, that's my take on hate.
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 01:12:56 am »
I agree that hate is most harmful to the one harboring such an emotion. Negative emotions like envy, jealousy, hate, suspicion and hence any amount of grudges are like placing poison inside of your mind. However, to say that one can rid oneself of hate completely and be a loving being who loves everyone and everything...in my opinion, is a fatuous claim. Hate is the reciprocal of love and where there is love, there is hate.

The world is filled with a drastic variety of people, and we all have some principles, whether we conform to a religion or not. There will be people who do not conform to your beliefs and you learn to tolerate them, accept them as individuals who have made their choices. There will be people who work against you and your ideals, significantly harming material or abstract things significant to you or other human lives.

Can I love Hitler? No, frankly I can't. I can accept that the various theories about him being a sociopath, a schizophrenic and whatnot are true and like most psychopaths/serial killers, he's simply a sick guy who ended up doing horrible things out of his sickness, I still cannot love him because what he did to at least a couple of generations of the European and US community cannot be just ignored.

I'm not saying that one should go around tossing grenades at German people, because that's just plain stupid, but I believe in standing for your principles, defining them and protecting them. It's who I am and I can't deny it just because someone will have to look bad in my head. Hate is a very strong word and I've only used it for a few people, and never for people I know personally--because yes, it's a harmful poison. Just like war and any other aggressive state of mind or affairs. But you don't stop vouching for it simply because it can be detrimental; it serves bigger purposes and speaks for your values. At least, that's my take on hate.

What would hating Hitler bring you Ching?

He is a sick man. I neither hate nor love him. I hate what he did but he means nothing to me and he surely doesn't deserve my emotions or my feelings because he is someone I never met..someone I won't meet inshAllah.

Sometimes..I tell myself, maybe because I wasn't in the place of those who got their parents killed or their relatives killed by Hitlar I do not feel hate. I can feel their pain but surely not like they do 100%.

However, I haven't met someone who is awful so that's why perhaps I rarely ever felt hate. I treat people good so I don't expect them to ever hurt me since I always have limits with everyone in my life and if I sense that they are starting to hurt me..I either turn them good or stay away from them and ask God to be the judge.

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 01:10:43 pm »
We hate because it is easy. What do you feel when you see Hitler with an outstretched arm?
Or George Bush kbgn\wuiF his speech?
Without hate the world would say yes please bugger us to all such dictators.

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 09:45:18 pm »
We hate because it is easy. What do you feel when you see Hitler with an outstretched arm?
Or George Bush kbgn\wuiF his speech?
Without hate the world would say yes please bugger us to all such dictators.

Yes, hate is easy. I hate Hitler's acts but I don't hate Hitler himself.

Just because I don't hate many people doesn't mean I'm a naive and a weak person. I can tell the difference between the right and the wrong and if someone is doing the wrong I can always tell them to 'STOP' rather than wasting my time hating them and thinking of how to take revenge.

And you said hate is easy, not hating shows how strong person you are controlling your own emotions and feelings. Taking the difficult road as in.

Romeesa-chan...<3

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 10:12:20 pm »
hate makes life simple. By being so reasonable you sound indecisive.

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 10:16:45 pm »
hate makes life simple. By being so reasonable you sound indecisive.

Not working makes life simpler. Not helping makes life simpler and I'd go on forever listing how we could make our life simpler.

Indecisive..no. I have my beliefs however I still believe I have a lot more to experience, but I'm certain I'll never allow myself to ever hate and waste my energy on hating someone one day. ;)

Romeesa-chan...<3

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 08:35:04 am »
read my blog. I preach hatred for the British royal family who can't go down to their local shop without ringing for a helicopter.