Author Topic: ANY DOUBTS HERE!!!  (Read 32213 times)

Amr Fouad

Re: ANY DOUBTS HERE!!!
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2010, 05:07:15 pm »
Thanks for the info ~ A.F ~ preety much cleared all the doubts  :D, By the way no probs on the delay.

Thanks again.

Any time mate  :)

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2010, 08:59:21 pm »
C2 EDEXCEL JUNE 2008 paper
q9
plzz someone explain in detailed steps how to do it :SS
thxx its URGENT
everyday we wake up is a miracle, then how do we say miracles dont happen?????

Amr Fouad

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2010, 11:21:47 pm »
give me some time..um out now...when i go home

Amr Fouad

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2010, 12:28:19 am »
Here u go halosh..

Hope that helped :)

Offline Sue T

• SF Citizen
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2010, 01:42:47 pm »
any idea?:
38 Which compounds would be formed in the reaction of ethene with aqueous bromine in the
presence of sodium chloride?
1 CH2ClCH2Cl
2 CH2BrCH2Cl
3 CH2BrCH2Br

the answer is 2&3
but wat if after ethene & bromine formed dibromoethane, the Cl in NaCl replaces one Br n then th next Br is replaces by NaCl as well (since we dont no how many NaCl(s) r present) wodnt we end up w/ CH2ClCH2Cl ?
y is tht rong?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.

Offline pjb13

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2010, 09:35:42 pm »
Its abt Business St: If market supply decreases, but market demand does not, competition will increase. I dont get how competition increases ?

Loan capital is an important source of finace for many businesses. However unlike share capital, taking on an additional loan capital does not compromise ownership. Highly geared firms, whose share capital is made up mostly of loan capital, can be highly vulnerable to interest rate changes, particularly if they have not borrowed at a fixed rate. A sudden increase in the interest rate will increase their fixed costs, leading to lower profits.

Can anyone explain the exact meaning of share and loan capital? i dont get the sent in bold.

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2010, 04:13:55 pm »
Its abt Business St: If market supply decreases, but market demand does not, competition will increase. I dont get how competition increases ?

Loan capital is an important source of finace for many businesses. However unlike share capital, taking on an additional loan capital does not compromise ownership. Highly geared firms, whose share capital is made up mostly of loan capital, can be highly vulnerable to interest rate changes, particularly if they have not borrowed at a fixed rate. A sudden increase in the interest rate will increase their fixed costs, leading to lower profits.

Can anyone explain the exact meaning of share and loan capital? i dont get the sent in bold.

For the first part:

Well your supply is decreasing, and thus with the same amount of demand, the supply is lower then it was previously. This will trigger a rise in price. As the price rises, the product will become a more lucrative thing to supply, as more profit can be made due to the rise in price, attracting other people to come and sell the product, and thus increasing competetion.

For the second part:

Loan capital is simply loans that the business has taken out to find the buying of fixed assets. Now, if you are a highly geared business, meaning that you have taken out loads of loans and are in big time debt, then you will be severely affected by a rise in interest rates, as you have a lot of borrowed money. Thus cumulatively, you will get a hell of a lot more debt. Now as we know, debt managment is a part of a business fixed costs, and thus will increase fixed costs.

nid404

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2010, 04:25:30 pm »
any idea?:
38 Which compounds would be formed in the reaction of ethene with aqueous bromine in the
1 CH2ClCH2Cl
2 CH2BrCH2Cl
3 CH2BrCH2Br

the answer is 2&3
but wat if after ethene & bromine formed dibromoethane, the Cl in NaCl replaces one Br n then th next Br is replaces by NaCl as well (since we dont no how many NaCl(s) r present) wodnt we end up w/ CH2ClCH2Cl ?
y is tht rong?

I literally forgot abt this one...
In a few hours

Offline sameee

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2010, 05:34:57 pm »
any idea?:
1 CH2ClCH2Cl
2 CH2BrCH2Cl
3 CH2BrCH2Br

the answer is 2&3
y is tht rong?

Hello SueT, well, with aqueous bromine, 2 products are formed, CH2BrCH2OH and CH2BrCH2Br, the later must be true, since its one of the choices given,no. 3. for number 2, the Cl will displace the OH in a nucleophilic substitution reaction., thus giving, CH2BrCH2Cl. No. one is NOT possible, since its a freeradicle sustitution reaction, which would have involved Cl2 gase,Not aqueous CL-, and in the Presence of UV light.

Offline sweetie

• SF Citizen
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2010, 09:56:04 am »
Reagents are used to detect the presence of a particular ion.....
So what they mean by precipitating V3+ ions is the already existing V3+ ions are being precipitated, they are dissolved prior to the addition...there's no change in conc/amount of V3+ ions, only the existing ions dissolved would be precipitated, this will not bring about a change in equilibrium

Thank You :-*

Offline sweetie

• SF Citizen
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2010, 10:16:50 am »
hey,
i need help in these que's plz :-\

Q3, 11 and 17

nid404

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2010, 10:23:38 am »
3)Al---Al+   +577 1st IE
Al+--Al2+   +1820 2nd I.E

so Al---Al2+        +2397kj/mol

Co--Co+  +757
Co+--Co2+  +1640

so Co--Co2+   + 2397 kj/mol

So A

Offline sweetie

• SF Citizen
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2010, 10:34:12 am »
got it , Thank You  ;)

nid404

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2010, 10:35:07 am »
11)
         2HI(g)<-----> H2(g) + I2(g)

initial     b                   0         0
final      b-x                 x          x

total no of moles= 4
pressure = p
*pp=partial pressure
Kp= ppI2 XppH2/ pHI2
ppI2 and H2= x/4 Xp  ( moles/total no of moles X total pressure)
ppHI= b-x/4 Xp

Kp= (xp/4)X (xp/4)
       -------------
          ((b-x)p/4)2
=___x_2__
   4(b – x)2
D

nid404

« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2010, 10:43:54 am »
15) C

when a compound has no charge...