Author Topic: Need help with waves!!  (Read 617 times)

Offline Aodian

• SF Immigrant
Need help with waves!!
« on: March 13, 2010, 09:54:16 am »
I've got all the basics like what exactly is a standing wave, transverse and etc etc as well as all the lingo. But I just don't get what they want when they're talking about In phase or out of phase. I pretty much don't understand phase difference at all. Also could someone help in explaining diffraction gratings. I'm fed up with my teacher spending 40 minutes of the class talking about how great he is and how he's managed to somehow add 1412 people on facebook over the weekend. Whilst leaving us 20 minutes of real lesson. HELP please. I'm desperate!
Music is enough to last a lifetime, but a lifetime isnt enough for music..

ami tomake bhalobashi.. <3

Offline Q80BOY

• SF Veteran
  • SF Master
    • The Avenues Blog
Re: Need help with waves!!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 10:02:14 am »
I've got all the basics like what exactly is a standing wave, transverse and etc etc as well as all the lingo. But I just don't get what they want when they're talking about In phase or out of phase. I pretty much don't understand phase difference at all. Also could someone help in explaining diffraction gratings. I'm fed up with my teacher spending 40 minutes of the class talking about how great he is and how he's managed to somehow add 1412 people on facebook over the weekend. Whilst leaving us 20 minutes of real lesson. HELP please. I'm desperate!

lol at the facebook teacher .. i got a similar one but he "teaches" AS Chemistry :P

anyways .. you can always make use of Mr. Paul here (astar) .. so ask questions and stuff .. also check out his physics notes on waves from his website

http://www.astarmathsandphysics.com/a_level_physics_notes/a_level_physics_notes_waves_and_oscillations_menu.html

good luck! :D

Read my blog @ www.avenuesq8.wordpress.com

and follow me on twitter @ www.twitter.com/Q80BOY

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: Need help with waves!!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 10:20:12 am »
In to my website then click igcse physics notes then waves