Author Topic: Student Shop and Student Daily  (Read 45882 times)

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: People to help us at studentshop.biz
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2009, 01:44:01 pm »
The dns servers are updating now,

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2009, 02:45:14 pm »
Theshop has been a sorry story of delay and mess. We could host on our usual package cos of copyright crap, then our new host got the dns details wrong. Then I found after MUCH investigation that the new hosting package did not support msql and php so had to upgrade. In addition to which we have to buy an SSL certificate to process credit cards. Finally I hope, the shop will be ready tonight.

Q80BOY

« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2009, 02:46:36 pm »
Theshop has been a sorry story of delay and mess. We could host on our usual package cos of copyright crap, then our new host got the dns details wrong. Then I found after MUCH investigation that the new hosting package did not support msql and php so had to upgrade. In addition to which we have to buy an SSL certificate to process credit cards. Finally I hope, the shop will be ready tonight.

sir if u need any help im here :)

i think i still have the username and pass u gave me 5 months ago  :-\

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2009, 03:00:59 pm »
What will this mean?

The people who run the shop will be able to sell cds of all the most important papers - A level, GCSE, IGCSE, IB etc

In addition to which I hope there will also be mugs, t shirts, hats, which I fear will be EXTREMELY offensive to exam boards. No doubt I will be quaking in my boots. Not!!!!!!!!!!!

Q80BOY

« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2009, 03:03:15 pm »
What will this mean?

The people who run the shop will be able to sell cds of all the most important papers - A level, GCSE, IGCSE, IB etc

In addition to which I hope there will also be mugs, t shirts, hats, which I fear will be EXTREMELY offensive to exam boards. No doubt I will be quaking in my boots. Not!!!!!!!!!!!

who will create the CDs? and who will distribute them? how will we distribute them?

and i like the 'offesnive to exam boards' memoribilia :P ;)

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2009, 03:08:21 pm »
Anyone with a cd burner can create the cds

Example:5GB of IGCSE papers
$7 a cd
$50 for for all the igcse papers on fep
$5 for the cds and postage which leaves $45 per set for the student to spend on popcorn
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 03:12:15 pm by astarmathsandphysics »

Q80BOY

« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2009, 03:12:28 pm »
ok so who is in this exactly .. we need to know who can do what .. im prepared to come up with designs for the cups and tshirts ..

and will we send the CDs over-seas? how use DHL?

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2009, 03:16:49 pm »
yes use dhl. I am sure you can get a discount. The students can promote the shop themselves in addition to what we do on fep and the forum. If you all make a success of it it will be great to put on your cv

Q80BOY

« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2009, 03:21:41 pm »
yes use dhl. I am sure you can get a discount. The students can promote the shop themselves in addition to what we do on fep and the forum. If you all make a success of it it will be great to put on your cv

well there is also another thing .. WE have to be unique ..

why will the student order from us when he can drive to the nearest bookshop and get them instantly ..? thus we need something different .. any suggestions?

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2009, 03:27:30 pm »
The cds will make you unique. They are not available anywhere else. All the other past papers websites are down or not working properly.

Q80BOY

« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2009, 03:30:21 pm »
The cds will make you unique. They are not available anywhere else. All the other past papers websites are down or not working properly.

there are CDs that contain past papers sold in book shops everywhere i guess .. we have to be unique or cheaper than them

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2009, 03:34:14 pm »
I would be surprised if the all the papers on fep were in bookshops. And there will always be the latest ones on fep.

nid404

« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2009, 03:39:02 pm »

there are CDs that contain past papers sold in book shops everywhere i guess .. we have to be unique or cheaper than them

Teachers in my school also get the latest papers...they have their user id and passwords from CIE...They print hard copies and we xerox them....the printing is still going on though
It works out to be cheaper....like about 4000 rupees(US$82 approx )(for all subjects' paper(hard copy)

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2009, 03:41:41 pm »
But that is not for GB of papers. Then there are IB and A level and GCSE and o level papers

nid404

« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2009, 03:43:07 pm »
But that is not for GB of papers. Then there are IB and A level and GCSE and o level papers

Why would anybody pay for the board that they are not doing or the subjects they are not opting for....