Teachers and Students > Debates

Should Muslims support Israel?

(1/3) > >>

$tyli$h Executive:
The title is rather provocative, maybe even outrageous to some and may contravene with the rules, but I at least hope to get some responses and get the ball rolling this way. ;D

Why not?

Early Arab leaders such as Faisal I of Iraq were strongly pro-Zionist. This is what he said while signing a treaty with the World Zionist Organisation's president Dr. Weizzman

"We Arabs... look with the deepest sympathy on the Zionist movement. Our deputation here in Paris is fully acquainted with the proposals submitted yesterday by the Zionist Organisation to the Peace Conference, and we regard them as moderate and proper. We will do our best, in so far as we are concerned, to help them through; we will wish the Jews a most hearty welcome home... I look forward, and my people with me look forward, to a future in which we will help you and you will help us, so that the countries in which we are mutually interested may once again take their places in the community of the civilised peoples of the world."

On March 23, 1918, Al Qibla, the daily newspaper of Mecca, printed the following words in support of the Balfour Declaration of 1917:

"The resources of the country [Palestine] are still virgin soil and will be developed by the Jewish immigrants (...) we have seen the Jews from foreign countries streaming to Palestine from Russia, Germany, Austria, Spain, and America. The cause of causes could not escape those who had a gift of deeper insight. They knew that the country was for its original sons [abna'ihi-l-asliyin], for all their differences, a sacred and beloved homeland. The return of these exiles [jaliya] to their homeland will prove materially and spiritually an experimental school for their brethren who are with them in the fields, factories, trades and all things connected to the land."[20]

Bedouins make up a portion of the IDF (Israel Defence Forces).  Maj Fehd Fallah, a Bedouin from the village of Saad in the Israeli occupied Golan Heights said in an interview: "Yes, I have fought against Muslims in Gaza," he says. "And I would fight again if I had to," he added. "Israeli Muslims who don't serve in the IDF should be ashamed for not serving their country."

Ismail Khaldi is the first Bedouin deputy consul of the State of Israel and the highest ranking Muslim in the Israeli foreign service.[37] Khaldi is a strong advocate of Israel. While acknowledging that the state of Israeli Bedouin minority is not ideal, he said "I am a proud Israeli - along with many other non-Jewish Israelis such as Druze, Bahai, Bedouin, Christians and Muslims, who live in one of the most culturally diversified societies and the only true democracy in the Middle East. Like America, Israeli society is far from perfect, but let us deals honestly. By any yardstick you choose -- educational opportunity, economic development, women and gay's rights, freedom of speech and assembly, legislative representation -- Israel's minorities fare far better than any other country in the Middle East."

Ukhti-R:
Short answer: No, simply because they are fighting with the Muslimeen. BUT this does not mean we should boycott them because the Prophet (peace be upon him) traded with the non-muslims despite their evil behaviour.

And Allah knows best.

$tyli$h Executive:

--- Quote from: Ukhti-R on December 22, 2012, 09:50:06 pm ---Short answer: No, simply because they are fighting with the Muslimeen. BUT this does not mean we should boycott them because the Prophet (peace be upon him) traded with the non-muslims despite their evil behaviour.

And Allah knows best.

--- End quote ---

Yes, israel is hostile to those Palestinians who attack israel. Such as hamas who sends rockets regularly to Israeli civilian areas. I think this is justified because any other country would've done the same in such a situation. Israel did go to war with sorrounding Arab countries before, but it was Israel who was attacked and they merely defended themselves as anybody would.

But how does that affect Muslims elsewhere? Why, for example, Bangladesh, which is thousands of miles away, refuses to recognise israel? Why are most pakistani, indian and arab muslims so virulently anti Israel?

Why not the same anger for muslim countries who fight the "muslimeen"? How about Kuwait, who expelled 450,000 Palestinians in 1991, when they supported Saddam? Imagine expelling 30% of population in a country. How about Jordan, which killed 25,000 Palestinians in 1970 when they revolted against King hussein? These numbers are many times more than Israel ever could do. Palestinians are still discriminated against in many arab countries eg. Jordan refused to take in Syrian Palestinian refugees, Egypt has strict conditions for visas. While many Arabs, muslims and christians, hold high positions in the Knesset and other Israeli govt. organisations.

Incidentally, Arab Israelis themselves aren't too keen on a Palestinian state: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9tfXf0llSk

astarmathsandphysics:
What sort of a crazy idea is this?
Actually some muslims do support Israel. Palestinians prefer Israeli qualifications and some even vote for Jewish politicians.

astarmathsandphysics:
Politics in Israel should be a head count, like in Northern Ireland.
The majority - Jews of Arabs - gets to rule.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version