Author Topic: Top Misconceptions about Islam  (Read 8594 times)

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
Re: Top Misconceptions about Islam
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 11:39:53 pm »
Thanks everyone =)

I am glad to post something which is useful  ;D
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 04:40:40 am »
^Keep it up.

Another misconception most people take is that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has written the Holy Quran which is false because the Holy Quran is the word of Allah alone. The Quran is a revelation to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

Quran is God revelations to Prophet Mohamed (peace upon him). These revelations of Quran by God to Prophet Mohamed was through the Angel Gabriel and started in year 610 AD when prophet Mohamed was in Mecca (Makkah) and was by then 40 years old. The revelations continued since then and was completed by year 632 AD (year of death of the prophet).

The long period for full revelation of the Quran (around 22 years) allowed the Quran to be fully memorized and documented by many Muslims. It was recited in the mosque by Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) during the daily five prayers without single letter change. Many Muslims since then until now are memorizing Quran fully without single letter difference. This explains why Quran remains by God will, and will remain by God will, without single letter change.

~Highlighting few issues as follow:

1. Some historians claim that prophet Muhammad wrote the Quran by himself. Arguments against this claim are:
Prophet Muhammad was an illiterate man who had no formal education in any science, language, religious or secular.

2. Quran speaks about a variety of branches of science like: Astronomy, Embryology, Hydrology, Geology, Sociology, Psychology, Oceanography, Law etc. including lots of scientific statements that were validated only recently and were not known in the time of the prophet.

3. It was not known about prophet Muhammad any scholarly tendencies or achievements until the age of forty (when he received the first verses of Quran). So, how this illiterate man suddenly brings about a book like the Quran including an ideological and religious revolution that changed history?

4. Why prophet Muhammad (peace be on him), if he authored the Quran, honor the virgin Mary (May Allah be pleased with her), the mother of Jesus (peace be on him) as the best woman over all women on earth over all ages until day of judgment (an honor that even not offered by the bible) while not mentioning his own family members with a single word and even not mentioning any name of them.?

5. If he had authored the Quran, why he didn't claim this authorship of Quran and consequently gaining higher prestige among his followers who may consider him as a God.

6. Why he mentioned Quran verses that reprimand him (as that of chapter 33, verse 37 and chapter 80 verses 1-3) if he wrote Quran by himself?.

And [remember, O Muhammad], when you said to the one on whom Allah bestowed favor and you bestowed favor, "Keep your wife and fear Allah ," while you concealed within yourself that which Allah is to disclose. And you feared the people, while Allah has more right that you fear Him. So when Zayd had no longer any need for her, We married her to you in order that there not be upon the believers any discomfort concerning the wives of their adopted sons when they no longer have need of them. And ever is the command of Allah accomplished.
(33:37)

1- The Prophet frowned and turned away
2- Because there came to him the blind man, [interrupting].
3- But what would make you perceive, [O Muhammad], that perhaps he might be purified

(80)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:26:43 am by Jerry || Romeesa »
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 09:01:50 pm »
~ Misconception: All Muslims are Arabs

The Muslim population of the world is around 1.2 billion. 1 out of 5 people in the world is a Muslim. They are a vast range of races, nationalities, and cultures from around the globe--from the Phillipines to Nigeria--they are united by their common Islamic faith. Only about 18% live in the Arab world and the largest Muslim community is in Indonesia. Most Muslims live east of Pakistan. 30% of Muslims live in the Indian subcontinent, 20% in Sub-Saharan Africa, 17% in Southeast Asia, 18% in the Arab world, and 10% in the Soviet Union and China. Turkey, Iran and Afghanistan make up 10% of the non-Arab Middle East. Although there are Muslim minorities in almost every area, including Latin America and Australia, they are most numerous in Russia and its newly independent states, India and central Africa. There are about 6 million Muslims in the United States.

http://www.beautifulislam.net/intro/misconceptions_islam.htm

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
  • :)
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 10:03:15 pm »

The Muslim population of the world is around 1.2 billion. 1 out of 5 people in the world is a Muslim. They are a vast range of races, nationalities, and cultures from around the globe--from the Phillipines to Nigeria--they are united by their common Islamic faith. Only about 18% live in the Arab world and the largest Muslim community is in Indonesia. Most Muslims live east of Pakistan. 30% of Muslims live in the Indian subcontinent, 20% in Sub-Saharan Africa, 17% in Southeast Asia, 18% in the Arab world, and 10% in the Soviet Union and China. Turkey, Iran and Afghanistan make up 10% of the non-Arab Middle East. Although there are Muslim minorities in almost every area, including Latin America and Australia, they are most numerous in Russia and its newly independent states, India and central Africa. There are about 6 million Muslims in the United States.

true...this is one of the misconceptions
JazaAllah Khair

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 10:55:11 pm »
true...this is one of the misconceptions
JazaAllah Khair
I know right. ::)
JazakAllah khairon ^.^

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 11:18:01 pm »
^ Thanks for posting; its true ::)

There was time when I thought indian or americans cant be muslim  :-[, i was a kid so you know ::)
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 12:03:22 am »
^Lol :P

There some people who think that Indians are only Hindus and cannot be Muslims. ::)

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2011, 12:06:29 am »
^Lol :P

There some people who think that Indians are only Hindus and cannot be Muslims. ::)
I was one of them when I was still a kid ::)

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 12:14:47 am »

True Many people believe ALL muslims are Arabs .... That is certianly not true just like you said.

In face MOST Arabs are not Muslims unfortunately ..at least that's what I heard.

I'll give you an example , in Lebanon you might think since it's an Arab country EVERYONE is a Muslim ..Nope , That country has MOSTLY Christians , the President himself is a Non-Muslim.

Just wanted to add what I know  =]
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 12:21:01 am »
Ang3l: Me too. :P
And now one of my bff/soul sister is an Indian Muslim. ::)

GG: Yeah, I know. By the way, Lebanon is really pwetty! :P (random, I know)

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 12:22:36 am »
I've been there ...Amazing scenery MashAllah <3  ..I just wish I knew how to use the Camera =.= :P

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 01:36:08 am »
I've been there ...Amazing scenery MashAllah <3  ..I just wish I knew how to use the Camera =.= :P
Really? OMG. Nice! ;D I always wanted to go there. ::) :P

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 11:28:00 am »
Really? OMG. Nice! ;D I always wanted to go there. ::) :P

Yup Alhamdulilah =]  ... InshAllah you go there soon ;)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2011, 02:03:34 pm »
Yup Alhamdulilah =]  ... InshAllah you go there soon ;)
Only after I get married. :P

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 10:58:14 pm »
Only after I get married. :P

You planning to go there in your  honeymoon ? ::)  :P

I so want to go to Japan  :'( LOL xD