Author Topic: ~ How is Your Love for Allah ~  (Read 26871 times)

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
Re: ~ How is Your Love for Allah ~
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2011, 06:53:18 pm »
You are the inspiration, MKh. Keep posting, please.  ;D

Have with in the Almighty lord and keep praying. Your results will be awesome, iA.

Ramadan is going great. I listen to quran while I post in SF.  ::) :P

INSHAALLAH. Thanks for the motivation, sis.

Aaah that's good.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2011, 09:36:57 pm »

Romeesa,  ;D ys deep down we all love our siblings.

Amelia, JAZAK ALLAH for sharing such wonderful stories. Even though i loved posting those stories, now i will not have to post them here and u can bcoz u come only more frequently than me  ;D

But INSHAALLAH, i will share wutever i know. For the moment, i m simply worried about my results even though i understand that worrying wud only make things worse. Let us all pray for our results.

And how did u guyz spend these two days of Ramadan. I have divided up my day between praying, suhur and iftari, reading the Qur'an, studying and sleeping.
Take care.

I know. :D

I am worried too but I am more worried cos I am rather relaxed cos I am not this relaxed. :-\ :-[
I can only pray to Allah (SWT) fer all of us.
IA, He does whatever is best fer us. :D

I read Quran and some wonderful Islamic articles. :D

Studying what, sis? :O
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2011, 09:54:50 pm »
~ My Lord, I Love You ~

Have you ever tried in a moment of serenity to say sincerely, ‘I love you, my Lord?’ Have you ever uttered it from the bottom of your heart?

You may take this matter lightly and say, ‘What is all the fuss about? We all love Allah The Almighty, and it is very easy for us to say so.’ However, I believe that if you have ever experienced this closely, you would not say so. Claims like these are very easy to make, but the real question is: do the words truly spring from the bottom of your heart? Do you love Allah The Almighty wholeheartedly? Do you love Him in such a way that your love preoccupies you from anything other than Him?

I asked some of my brothers in Islam to enact this experiment for a week and to write down their notes while trying to urge their hearts to utter this declaration without deception or lying, and to avoid saying with their tongues what is not really in their hearts. The results were as I expected: most of them failed to utter the words, and wrote, “Whenever I tried to utter it I felt that I was a liar; I only managed to utter it sincerely once.”

Indeed, the matter requires sincerity and transparency, as well as practical application of this love.

‘Abbaad ibn Mansoor, may Allaah have mercy upon him, said, “During the lifetime of the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, some people claimed that they loved Allaah The Almighty, but Allaah The Almighty wanted them to translate this claim into action. So, Allaah The Exalted Says (what means): {Say, [O Muhammad], “If you should love Allaah, then follow me, [so] Allaah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allaah is Forgiving and Merciful.} [Quran 3:31]“

Likewise, the Jews and the Christians claimed that they are the children and beloved ones of Allaah The Almighty: {But the Jews and the Christians say, “We are the children of Allaah and His beloved.”} [Quran 5:18], but Allaah The Almighty Says to them (what means): {Say, “Then why does He punish you for your sins?” Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills.} [Quran 5:18]

In this verse, Allaah The Almighty refers to the fact that love has certain signs, including the fact that one does not punish those whom he loves. Hence, the absence of these signs means that the claim of being loved by Allaah The Almighty is false.

If you truly love Allaah The Almighty, then provide the evidence. Where is the evidence of your true love for Allaah The Almighty?

How can we claim that we love Allaah The Almighty and then disobey Him?

You may inquire, ‘Does love for Allaah The Almighty mean that one must be sinless?’

The answer is “no”. We are not infallible, because we are neither prophets nor angels, but love for Allaah The Almighty makes one repent quickly and return to his Lord constantly. Hence, when you see such a person, he would appear as if he is sinless.

Ash-Sha‘bi, may Allaah have mercy upon him, said, “If Allaah The Almighty loves a slave, his sins would not harm him.”

‘Abdul-Rahmaan ibn Zayd ibn Aslam, may Allaah have mercy upon him, said, “Allaah The Exalted may love His slave to the extent that He may say to him, ‘Go and do whatever you want, and I have forgiven it in advance.’”

The meaning is that Allaah The Exalted will guide such a slave to sincere repentance, and the acts that expiate any sins he commits, until he becomes sinless. If this were the only benefit of gaining the love of Allaah The Almighty, it would have been sufficient.

My dear brother and sister in Islam,

Do you really want to love Allaah The Almighty and to be loved by Him?

Do you really aspire to this love that will quench your thirst forever?

Are you ready to do whatever it takes to attain this great honor?

Do you want a remedy for your heart to stop committing sins and misdeeds?

Have you fallen into an unsuccessful love affair that has affected you psychologically and left unforgettable painful traces in your heart?

Do you suffer from the evil of this world and its blights and aspire to gain divine protection and care?

Do you wish to enter Paradise while you are still on earth, to taste real happiness when you find the sweetness of faith inside your heart?

If that is how you feel, then come with us on this faith-boosting journey in the gardens of the “love for Allaah”, hoping that we will be able to plant this great meaning in our hearts.

How can we not love our Lord?

My dear brother and sister in Islam,

Whenever you find that your soul is driven to sins and evades good deeds; or loves misguidance and swerves from the right path; or loves what you know angers Allaah The Exalted and neglects or even hates what Allaah The Almighty loves, then you should know that this trial is mainly caused by your ignorance about Allaah The Almighty.

That is because if you really knew Allah The Exalted, you would love Him sincerely and fear Him in a manner that befits him.

If a slave knew his Lord through His most beautiful Names and Attributes, even for a moment, he would fear Him, because He is severe in penalty. However, He would also aspire to His mercy, as He is the Beneficent, the Merciful.

However, the problem is that we do not glorify our Lord in the manner that is due to Him. Allaah The Exalted Says (what means): {They have not appraised Allaah with true appraisal. Indeed, Allaah is Powerful and Exalted in might.} [Quran 22:74]

Hence, the feet slip into sins and deviate from the right path.

Ignorance about Allaah The Almighty is the cause of all sins, because whoever disobeys Allaah The Exalted is certainly ignorant, just as whoever obeys Him is knowledgeable. This is because when one knows Allaah The Almighty and realizes His glory, pride and loftiness, he will fear and never disobey Him.

It was said, “If people had contemplated the greatness of Allaah The Almighty, they would have never disobeyed Him, because fear of Allaah The Exalted is sufficient knowledge, while underestimating the wrath of Allaah The Exalted comprises limitless ignorance.”

Is there any sweetness or delight in a sin that will cause loss and deprivation? What will benefit you if you lose your Lord? Who will compensate you if you are deprived of the mercy of your Lord that encompasses everything?

O you who knew the path of Allaah The Exalted and then deviated from it, what affliction can be graver than yours? Allaah The Exalted Says (what means): {O you who have believed, whoever of you should revert from his religion – Allaah will bring forth [in place of them] a people He will love and who will love Him} [Quran 5:54]

source: http://islamfuture.wordpress.com/2011/06/21/my-lord-i-love-you/

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
  • :)
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2011, 10:04:32 am »
^MashaAllah
great article
May Allah Bless you for sharing

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2011, 10:43:22 am »
i wanted to learn 99 Names of Allah
so i wanted to ask u guys is this site authentic
http://www.faizani.com/articles/names.html

Offline iluvme

• Smile, the world will smile back. :)
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2011, 10:49:29 am »
i wanted to learn 99 Names of Allah
so i wanted to ask u guys is this site authentic
http://www.faizani.com/articles/names.html

I believe it is so, but how come there's only 92 names?  :-\

Try this site,
http://www.arabacademy.com/en/downloads/Learn-Arabic-English-translation-of-99-names-of-Allah
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:51:45 am by iluvme »
I believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends  message.
~Damon Salvatore~

Offline minicooper

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2011, 11:43:33 am »
Tell me, how do you know that Islam is the only truth?
You cannot do it by yourself. Dial B-I-B-L-E for help.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2011, 02:04:04 pm »
I will PM yuh my answer.
I don't want this thread to turn into a debate.

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2011, 05:12:21 pm »

Offline iluvme

• Smile, the world will smile back. :)
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2011, 05:14:21 pm »
there is 99 names!

I honestly have no idea why, but it ends with,
92. An-Nafi^
the rest are missing. :-/
I believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends  message.
~Damon Salvatore~

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2011, 06:28:29 pm »

It is not the only truth. As Muslims, we also believe in the previous prophets (Jesus, Moses, Abraham etc). All of the prophets including Mohammad (PBUH) worshiped the same God.

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2011, 07:00:45 pm »
I honestly have no idea why, but it ends with,  the rest are missing. :-/
i checked it went till 99
99.As-Saboor

Offline MKh

• SF Geek
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2011, 11:59:31 pm »
Romeesa dear, i m preparing for my A2 Chemistry, A2 Physics and A-level Math exams which i will b sitting fr in the coming examination session, i.e. Jan 2012.

The article that u posted is MASHAALLAH very informative and moving. JAZAK ALLAH for sharing ur knowledge.

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2011, 12:41:16 am »
^ MA, Great article!
Thanks for sharing <3

@Tohru: you can also try this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82kfnC4Z75E
There are many this is just one of them :D
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2011, 01:04:13 am »
Romeesa dear, i m preparing for my A2 Chemistry, A2 Physics and A-level Math exams which i will b sitting fr in the coming examination session, i.e. Jan 2012.

The article that u posted is MASHAALLAH very informative and moving. JAZAK ALLAH for sharing ur knowledge.
Oh my! I thought you will be sitting them in June. All the very best, sis <333

Thank you for reading!

JazakAllah khairon! :D