Author Topic: Driving (Women & Teens)  (Read 4283 times)

Q80BOY

Driving (Women & Teens)
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:27:31 pm »
I have heard (and seen) that women can not drive (its illegal) in saudi arabia, i was surprised !! WHY ?? and do u think its ok ?

And do u think driver lisences should be given to younger kids e.g. 16 year olds (as in the USA)

In my opinion i think that women shold be treated equally, she should have the right to drive her car, vote and be part of politics, work in many sectors etc.

And driver lisences should be given to older people only (18+) cause 16 years olds (me and the rest of the IG students) are not ready to cruise the streets !!

what do u think ??
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:37:01 pm by Q80BOY »

Offline Mastermind

• SF Citizen
Re: Driving (Women & Teens)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 04:26:53 pm »
No doubt women should be treated equally, im all for that.
buh the whole driving at 16, i mean yea i wanna drive now, buh mature wise, dont think so
Imma expat here in Dubai & they said that they gonna change the age to 21! & im totally against that ish*
"Relax & take notes, Imma give you great quotes"

Offline ExamPapersGeek

• SF Geek
    • The Education Directory
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 04:56:57 pm »
i don't think there is one person who is gonna disagree with the fact women should have the right to drive as much as a man.

I hope someone who disagrees will come along soon, we might be able to find out someone else's point of view that way  ;)

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 05:14:09 pm »
You cant make half the population less than equal. The world is changing.

Offline Krissy

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 06:15:00 pm »
I hate sexism...its one thing that REALLY pisses me off and is very common in my country usually with the illiterate population though....its not fair that if men get to do something why cant women do the same...doesn't make sense and i totally disagree with them not being allowed to drive...i guess this happend in the 60's the whole depend on the man situation..how backwards..
We all live in our yellow submarine,

Offline hasan

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 03:32:35 pm »
why women are not allowed to drive in KSA ?

according to what I know, when women where allowed to drive in  KSA and when she get out of the house she never return .. why? .. because, the car is kidnapped and the woman is rapped in the middle of nowhere ..

Q80BOY

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 03:53:36 pm »
@ hasan,

so ur saying that EACH and EVERY women that gets out her home, gets kidnapped and raped ??

the world has changed, u should laugh at ur comment, cause its a joke !!

If she drives a car she's raped, then if she goes to a mall? if she goes to school/college?

AND the rest of the world let the women drive, i dont here many rape stories !!

women should be equal to men in EVERYTHING !!

Offline Krissy

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 03:57:10 pm »

according to what I know, when women where allowed to drive in  KSA and when she get out of the house she never return .. why? .. because, the car is kidnapped and the woman is rapped in the middle of nowhere ..

Are you kdding me?...if thats your come back thn mine is men get raped too..just for your info..

Offline Mastermind

• SF Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 09:42:50 am »

Are you kdding me?...if thats your come back thn mine is men get raped too..just for your info..
AH MAN! you had to put a sick image in my mind! its true tho....prison...DONT DROP THE SOAP! =P
"Relax & take notes, Imma give you great quotes"

Offline Eye

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 01:14:28 pm »
Maybe they cant see where they're going because of the niqab they are forced to wear! LOL Just kidding. :P
All jokes aside.

Frankly, I don't see why women shouldn't be allowed to drive. Thats just plain sexist.

The miniumum universal age to drive should be 18. (Again, just my opinion.)
Generally, 16 year olds aren't very mature.

Offline Krissy

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 01:37:40 pm »

AH MAN! you had to put a sick image in my mind! its true tho....prison...DONT DROP THE SOAP! =P

haha ban prison showers then  :P

Offline hasan

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 02:53:48 pm »
@ hasan,

so ur saying that EACH and EVERY women that gets out her home, gets kidnapped and raped ??

the world has changed, u should laugh at ur comment, cause its a joke !!

If she drives a car she's raped, then if she goes to a mall? if she goes to school/college?

AND the rest of the world let the women drive, i dont here many rape stories !!

women should be equal to men in EVERYTHING !!

Dont you think its a joke to be ruled by a woman (according to the arab society)... however, what I wrote is said long time ago besides its not always when she get out she get rapped or .... it is most of the time but still we do not know why she is not allowed 

Offline hasan

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 02:59:26 pm »

there is not alot of GAYS in KSA as in USA or other western countries as the Saudi teens cannot wait till they marry to make sex ..  so they start to rape .. however, maybe what I heard was just ball sh*t ...  :)

excuse me .. cuz of my bad language  :-X

Offline hasan

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 03:02:08 pm »

haha ban prison showers then  :P

in Muslims society : the prisons do not have showers as in the west .. the showers are closed and everyone have his own .. ( there is a lot of social differences between here and there )   

Offline hasan

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 03:16:35 pm »

this link will answer a lot of questions regarding ( Women Driving in Saudi Arabia ) .......... :::

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=7&section=0&article=59987&d=6&m=3&y=2005

:) :) ;) ;)I found it the best answer to your and my questions ...  8) 8) 8)