Author Topic: Nato and Afghanistan  (Read 2340 times)

Offline bulono

• SF Citizen
Nato and Afghanistan
« on: November 27, 2010, 12:38:22 pm »
should the NATO forces withdraw from Afghanistan?if yes then When?and will it decrease or increase terrorist activity in Afghanistan and the surrounding areas.'

Alpha

Re: Nato and Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 12:46:34 pm »
This is again going to lead to a fight.

Ask these questions on Yahoo Answers, not here.

Offline bulono

• SF Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 01:15:52 pm »
ohh come on man...ur making the forum boring...we need to discuss this...u can control these things cant u ...i mean even if there is one person ready to discuss like a civilized human being i am ready to discuss...

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 01:18:21 pm »
They should not withdraw in this condition.

Because if they do, the Talibans will get out of hand.

It will certainly increase terrorist activity in Afghanistan if they withdraw

elemis

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 01:21:34 pm »
I concur.

Alpha

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 01:22:52 pm »
ohh come on man...ur making the forum boring...we need to discuss this...u can control these things cant u ...i mean even if there is one person ready to discuss like a civilized human being i am ready to discuss...

I'm just doing my job. These threads weren't allowed earlier, they shouldn't be now as well.

Okay, I will allow it. BUT if I happen to see even one racist comment, or any ONE member offended, it goes to the bin.

Offline bulono

• SF Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 01:34:27 pm »
but surely they cant stay there forever...it will just increase the influence of taliban not only in Afghanistan but in many other countries, because u cant just keep an army in another country ..how would u feel if NATO forces came to your country and carried out military operations...how long are u ready to tolerate them...

afghanistan doesnt need military power to control terrorist ..it needs better education..the people need to be educated they need better living conditions better opportunities

elemis

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 01:36:51 pm »
You cant educate a population when girls are killed if they are caught going to school or if schools are the targets of attacks by taliban elements.

Offline bulono

• SF Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 01:41:01 pm »
well what are the armies of some of the most powerful countries in Afghanistan doing...if they cant protect even protect the very few schools in Afghanistan...ofcourse the military cant leave now but these countries should do more in educating the people than improving their military technology and power in Afghanistan...instead of bringing more soldiers in why cant they bring some qualified teachers .....

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 01:41:13 pm »
but surely they cant stay there forever...it will just increase the influence of taliban not only in Afghanistan but in many other countries, because u cant just keep an army in another country

I can't see how it can increase the influence of Taliban.

If they are withdrawn, Talibans will get out of hand. That'll  increase their influence even more.

how would u feel if NATO forces came to your country and carried out military operations...how long are u ready to tolerate them...

My country is not inhabited by silly Talibans. ;)

afghanistan doesnt need military power to control terrorist ..it needs better education

Talibans are known to disallow girls attending schools. Their focus is mainly on military and the anti-american/west philosophy.

Offline bulono

• SF Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 01:45:36 pm »
u see the taliban are mostly local people from Afghanistan who are tired of seeing militaries of foreign countries in their countries ...first soviet union then usa now NATO forces....they just get the excuse that they are fighting against forign invaders and oppressers..the people need to be educated so that they can stand up for themselves and fight against the terrorist in their country by themselves...ofcourse they want peace...and the taliban are telling them that the only way to get peace is by fighting these foreign forces and throwing them out of their country...

Offline bulono

• SF Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 01:48:48 pm »

My country is not inhabited by silly Talibans. ;)

i dont think ur country was invaded by soviet union and USA army did not fund local freedom fighters in ur country to fight against the soviet union

Offline bulono

• SF Citizen
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 01:51:11 pm »
i hope u know a little about invasion of Afghanistan by soviet union and USA funding local freedom fighters who fought against the soviet union...these same freedom fighters were later called terrorists....

Offline bulono

• SF Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 02:39:24 pm »
where do the taliban get there weapons from??all there supplies...its not easy fighting against USA alone....how are they able to handle the NATO forces...who or wat motivates them to do suicide attacks....why are they always against America and the west...

elemis

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 04:47:44 pm »
Get your facts straight. The USSR was occupying Afghanistan. The NATO forces are there to liberate it.

Big difference.

When your daughter cant go to school, I'm pretty sure you'd be happy to see a friendly soldier willing to lay down his life to protect and liberate a country he doesnt even belong to.

NATO is doing the people of Afghanistan a favour.

And yes, they are building schools and training local teachers.

Guerrilla warfare in addition to the rules of engagement prevent allied forces from simply wiping out the Taliban.