Author Topic: It's still a man's world? Do you agree?  (Read 5935 times)

Offline *Hope*

• The Precious Pearl
  • SF Master
  • For Some Reason I Can't Grab It..Tried And Gaveup
Re: It's still a man's world? Do you agree?
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2010, 11:01:42 am »
Women and girls certainly have a more sensitive 'sixth sense'. This is proven by science. They instinctively pay more attention to the other's body language and signs. As a result, it is more difficult to lie to or cheat/deceive a woman or girl. She can catch you. Or her instinct definitely can.

This characteristic is said to be a natural quality meant for girls to 'catch' if her boyfriend or husband is cheating on her. :P

So Ladies, trust and go for your instinct. :P
LOL!! SE..This is AMAZING!! mA!! I never knew that there was a 6th sense..I was always wondering why I could feel that some guys r players while others not..hahaha..I loved this..and +rep for that (after 2hrs since already +repped someone :)
O Allah grant us all the Jannah
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter
Success is that old ABC ability,breaks,and courage
While there's life,there's Hope ;)
As long as I have faith in Allah,nothing else matters insA <3
Keep on forgetting to forget about you <3

Alpha

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2010, 02:19:43 pm »
Someone is obsessed with Mauritius, seems.  ::)

Women and girls certainly have a more sensitive 'sixth sense'. This is proven by science. They instinctively pay more attention to the other's body language and signs. As a result, it is more difficult to lie to or cheat/deceive a woman or girl. She can catch you. Or her instinct definitely can.

This characteristic is said to be a natural quality meant for girls to 'catch' if her boyfriend or husband is cheating on her. :P

So Ladies, trust and go for your instinct. :P

Agree with that 6th sense. Totally.

But here, you are discussing about leadership-- which sex should be walking ahead?

I would see the world strange were it my mother... or any other woman. Have to admit that.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2010, 03:56:00 pm »
LOL!! SE..This is AMAZING!! mA!! I never knew that there was a 6th sense..I was always wondering why I could feel that some guys r players while others not..hahaha..I loved this..and +rep for that (after 2hrs since already +repped someone :)

Hehe, definitely there is! All women and girls should trust their instincts, when it comes to recognising people.

Agree with that 6th sense. Totally.

Because you are a girl and that makes you superior to boys. :P ::)

Common, ALL girls secretly wish that boys were their slaves.

But here, you are discussing about leadership-- which sex should be walking ahead?

I would see the world strange were it my mother... or any other woman. Have to admit that.

Walking ahead? No one sex should be walking ahead. Whether someone should "walk ahead" should not be determined by one's sex. Other factors, like capability are more sensible and correct to determine whether someone should "walk ahead".

If the mother is more capable of earning money than the father, there is no reason why her, taking the lead, should be strange to someone.

I would not blame you or anyone for thinking like this. Women and girls are brainwashed from an early age that men are their "masters". They should follow men, even if it is not good for them. Men, men and men. The wife thinks that he must consult her husband for everything. Otherwise, its "unfaithfulness". When the husband takes decisions concerning important matters alone, even if it goes against her, it is alright since "he knows better".

This type of thinking is obviously flawed and outdated.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:01:27 pm by $tyli$h Executive »

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2010, 09:58:18 pm »
I would not blame you or anyone for thinking like this. Women and girls are brainwashed from an early age that men are their "masters". They should follow men, even if it is not good for them. Men, men and men. The wife thinks that he must consult her husband for everything. Otherwise, its "unfaithfulness". When the husband takes decisions concerning important matters alone, even if it goes against her, it is alright since "he knows better".

Excuse me? I'm not saying you're entirely incorrect, but declaring a pattern of thought outdated and a brainwashing technique is rather shallow and absurd. It's not always like that, and it's a sad thing you're being very sexist right now, declaring our ideas are 'pardonable' because you feel sorry for us dear souls, who're culturally wronged. Oh goodness, this damsel in distress doesn't know how she was beaten into believing that her husband is god! Who's defying a woman's decisive power to life now?

Stereotypes suck the energy out of any perception, so for me to assume every woman in the Western ideal of feminism is a prostitute simply because they have looser concepts of modesty and limitations, is absurd and narrow-minded.

Anyhow, when talking about roles befitting each gender, within the household and outside the world. Why is it that a woman can earn if she's good at it, but a man can't be pregnant and breastfeeding babies when he's a nurturing personality? It's true, a woman can be a leader in more goal-oriented organizations rather than adherence-oriented organizations e.g. schools, industries, etc rather than politics.

I never implied that a man can make any decision in a woman's absence; in fact, it's not odd that men tend to take opinion from their wives who are 'faithful'. I only imply one thing; when someone has to override the other simply because there's a point of dissent beyond being solved, the man has a veto vote. Why? Because a man can lead, for a list of scientific reasons given above.

Does that mean a woman can't object if the argument he has made a decision which is morally wrong? Of course she can--she must. But being mad simply because your husband asked you not to go to a party that Saturday and then expecting him to come back home early is wrong. (No, it's not right if the husband attends parties too, either.) The woman has the support of the fact that men like her father, brother and so on are her guardians just as much and they can solve the matter instead of a woman starting blood lust, simply because they have a different role altogether.

I know this is where some of you raise the point "but a woman can stand up for herself! She doesn't need men guarding her, she's a strong and beautiful being!" I'm not being judgmental, but see how that's worked out in the criminal history of some of the most developed countries, the US. (And yes, you can't refuse its criminal record just because it was presided over by George Bush.)

Also, the existence of sixth sense is a debatable issue. I'm not saying I don't mind the extra sense, but, science only is helpful in being logical. :P As for the good judgment of women in their spouse's loyalty, you should read the psychological analysis Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus to see why a woman is so observant about her spouse. Helps to know, also, if it really counts the time your husband spends in a party. ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:13:31 pm by Chingoo »
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Freaked12

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2010, 01:52:06 am »
Opinion based debate,this thread shall now lead to.

Alpha

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2010, 02:48:37 am »
Hehe, definitely there is! All women and girls should trust their instincts, when it comes to recognising people.

I don't guarantee it always works.

Because you are a girl and that makes you superior to boys. :P ::)

Common, ALL girls secretly wish that boys were their slaves.

1) There are better slaves than boys.  ::)
2) Why secretly? They'd wish it openly:P

Walking ahead? No one sex should be walking ahead. Whether someone should "walk ahead" should not be determined by one's sex. Other factors, like capability are more sensible and correct to determine whether someone should "walk ahead".

If the mother is more capable of earning money than the father, there is no reason why her, taking the lead, should be strange to someone.

Chingoo gave the multiple reasons already.  ::)

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2010, 03:22:18 pm »
Excuse me? I'm not saying you're entirely incorrect, but declaring a pattern of thought outdated and a brainwashing technique is rather shallow and absurd. It's not always like that, and it's a sad thing you're being very sexist right now, declaring our ideas are 'pardonable' because you feel sorry for us dear souls, who're culturally wronged. Oh goodness, this damsel in distress doesn't know how she was beaten into believing that her husband is god! Who's defying a woman's decisive power to life now?

Outdated - "Men to lead, woman to follow". This was a widely held belief in the sixties. So, I called it outdated.

Brainwashed - Yes. You saw the example of Alpha. She would find it strange, if a woman is playing the leading role in the world. Many girls have a similar opinion and belief.

Sorry if you were offended, but I just outlined why I said the belief is outdated and brainwashed into the minds of girls, from childhood.

Stereotypes suck the energy out of any perception, so for me to assume every woman in the Western ideal of feminism is a prostitute simply because they have looser concepts of modesty and limitations, is absurd and narrow-minded.

Exactly. The same would've been for me too. But I just explained why the belief is outdated and brainwashed.

Anyhow, when talking about roles befitting each gender, within the household and outside the world. Why is it that a woman can earn if she's good at it, but a man can't be pregnant and breastfeeding babies when he's a nurturing personality?

It's true, a woman can be a leader in more goal-oriented organizations rather than adherence-oriented organizations e.g. schools, industries, etc rather than politics.

There are a FEW roles, which are specific to each gender. They are mainly biological. Men cannot have babies or breastfeed babies.

What is not logical, is that people who justify the "men to lead, women to follow" thing, use this phenomenon to explain how the roles are divided completely among genders. Only a few roles, concerning maternal duties, are specific to women. Women can do most things, which men do. Women can work in offices, teach, earn money, play, take part in sports just like men. Any woman who believes otherwise, has a lack of self confidence (probably from the 'brainwashing' factor described earlier).

I never implied that a man can make any decision in a woman's absence; in fact, it's not odd that men tend to take opinion from their wives who are 'faithful'. I only imply one thing; when someone has to override the other simply because there's a point of dissent beyond being solved, the man has a veto vote. Why? Because a man can lead, for a list of scientific reasons given above.

'Science' says that a woman has the same capability as an equivalent male. True, a male has more testosterone hormone, for which he may appear to have more muscles than a woman of the same training equivalent, but the strength is the same. You may google it for more information.

So, it is not clear how the male (or the female) can have a veto vote. Saying that men are better at making decisions is simple generalization.

Does that mean a woman can't object if the argument he has made a decision which is morally wrong? Of course she can--she must. But being mad simply because your husband asked you not to go to a party that Saturday and then expecting him to come back home early is wrong. (No, it's not right if the husband attends parties too, either.)

I wouldn't mind if she attends parties without informing me. :P

The woman has the support of the fact that men like her father, brother and so on are her guardians just as much and they can solve the matter instead of a woman starting blood lust, simply because they have a different role altogether.

As I said, here too, the 'brainwashing' factor comes to play. Girls are taught from an early age that they "CANNOT" be more advanced. This results in them having a lack of self confidence among themselves.

Ask any successful women (money wise), whether she thinks that "men should lead, and women should follow". She would certainly oppose it.

On the other hand, ask a poor women from the village, whether she thinks that "men should lead, and women should follow". She would definitely support it and go on (non stop) how men are more powerful, more intelligent, how her husband is better than her in working and other stuffs saying why she is incapable in doing stuffs. All in all, it will boil down to a lack of SELF CONFIDENCE from being 'brainwashed' at an early age. It happens all the time!

Also, the existence of sixth sense is a debatable issue. I'm not saying I don't mind the extra sense, but, science only is helpful in being logical.  As for the good judgment of women in their spouse's loyalty, you should read the psychological analysis Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus to see why a woman is so observant about her spouse. Helps to know, also, if it really counts the time your husband spends in a party.

Maybe I should be more careful when hanging around with girls. :P

I don't guarantee it always works.

Unless someone is unusually skilled at controlling body language and facial expressions, a woman's instinct (or sixth sense) would be right in 'catching' a would-be deceiver. She may be wrong, if she doesn't go for her instinct, and mixes emotions concerning the other person.

1) There are better slaves than boys.

Yes. Of course, you are right: The girls! :P ::)

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 05:09:35 pm »
2) Why secretly? They'd wish it openly:P

Oh yes. :P

Makes me remember:

"If you don't want something to be known to 10 people, do not tell it to your wife".

Much truth in it. :P

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2010, 05:53:22 pm »
Outdated - "Men to lead, woman to follow". This was a widely held belief in the sixties. So, I called it outdated. It is still is now, apparently.

Brainwashed - Yes. You saw the example of Alpha. She would find it strange, if a woman is playing the leading role in the world. Many girls have a similar opinion and belief. OH, so because Alpha has this belief which is similar to other women, she's brainwashed? Why aren't girls with opinions similar to yours brainwashed? The US, for instance, holds almost 1/6-th of the world population. A huge majority is likely to support your view.

Being broadminded is not doing what the 'civilised' people are doing. It's sad to see people say 'I'm an open-minded person, that's why I refute religion' etc. It's the most narrowminded thing to say!

It's accepting that your view can be contradicted and hated. Just because your view is apparently the new one, it doesn't mean that this view is not imposed on women. If you step away from your ideal and look at mine, maybe there are women who want to live by mine. You'd say 'She must be insane!' but sadly, that's the point: you don't define people's choices being rational or not. They do. And if the current society doesn't give them the freewill to determine their ideal, they're just as brainwashed as you believe Alpha or me to be.

There are a FEW roles, which are specific to each gender. They are mainly biological. Men cannot have babies or breastfeed babies.

What is not logical, is that people who justify the "men to lead, women to follow" thing, use this phenomenon to explain how the roles are divided completely among genders. Only a few roles, concerning maternal duties, are specific to women. Women can do most things, which men do. Women can work in offices, teach, earn money, play, take part in sports just like men. Any woman who believes otherwise, has a lack of self confidence (probably from the 'brainwashing' factor described earlier). Am I the only one who knows that men and women don't intermingle in the sports' field? :)

'Science' says that a woman has the same capability as an equivalent male. True, a male has more testosterone hormone, for which he may appear to have more muscles than a woman of the same training equivalent, but the strength is the same. You may google it for more information. Nice try, but that's not true. You can say the overall defense mechanism of a man and woman, on a very broad level, is pretty much the same, but your explanation is pretty much not true. Men have evidently more muscular development than women and less fatty tissue. They also have a higher BMR. To add to that they have greater lung capacity. These support their strength. I know trained women can take untrained men, but we're talking about untrained men and women against each other.

So, it is not clear how the male (or the female) can have a veto vote. Saying that men are better at making decisions is simple generalization.

I wouldn't mind if she attends parties without informing me. :P

As I said, here too, the 'brainwashing' factor comes to play. Girls are taught from an early age that they "CANNOT" be more advanced. This results in them having a lack of self confidence among themselves. I have only said that women have their own strengths and men their own. Saying to a girl she can't be more advanced is another approach altogether.

Ask any successful women (money wise), whether she thinks that "men should lead, and women should follow". She would certainly oppose it. That proves nothing. :)

On the other hand, ask a poor women from the village, whether she thinks that "men should lead, and women should follow". She would definitely support it and go on (non stop) how men are more powerful, more intelligent, how her husband is better than her in working and other stuffs saying why she is incapable in doing stuffs. All in all, it will boil down to a lack of SELF CONFIDENCE from being 'brainwashed' at an early age. It happens all the time! That's the point. It doesn't. You're generalizing, assuming that a housewife is inferior to a working woman, a woman who pays attention to duties involving the household and children is miserable while the other one is not. I'm not the one saying that a woman can't work, make her own call or decisions. I'm saying that when it comes down to the basic level, someone has to submit. And like it or not, a woman cannot be the one to stand in the face of hard, unbiased decisions all the time. They are independent thinkers but their biological make-up means they cannot be stern in the face of opposition and following alike in every situation. I've already rambled on that; either refute Science or don't. There's no gray.

Maybe I should be more careful when hanging around with girls. :P

Unless someone is unusually skilled at controlling body language and facial expressions, a woman's instinct (or sixth sense) would be right in 'catching' a would-be deceiver. She may be wrong, if she doesn't go for her instinct, and mixes emotions concerning the other person. That, again, proves nothing. It just proves that women are good at catching weak links in relationships--which may actually contribute to a good family life--but do you really think they'd be able to catch someone they have little emotional association with (politicians)? They could, of course, but it's obviously very difficult--more so for a man.

Yes. Of course, you are right: The girls! :P ::)

I'm not trying to offend you, but you seem to be swinging me in a circle. I respect your point of view, but if I wanted to play the brainwashed approach and the new mechanism of chauvinism, I would've done so in my first post. Biological evidence is self-sufficient to explain much of my reasoning, and if you go into the current criminal statistics of popular countries, divorces rates if you like or even historical proofs, you'd see that what I'm saying might be an older theory, but it is not completely irrational.

Why is one woman raped every 32 seconds in the US?
Why is one case of domestic violence reported by a married women every 6 hours in the US?
Why are one 1 of 6 fathers sexually abusing their daughters in the US?

I know you will argue that in developing countries, woman don't have a voice of my own. But I live in a developing country--I've never heard, seen or suffered any such damage. Yes, I'm generalizing here so you can ignore my point but it's something to ponder about.

Anyway, I'm resigning from this debate. I didn't intend to reply before but then I decided to have the last word in the argument (now ain't I the stereotypical wife! :P), since the debate was getting redundant and somewhat blood lusty. It was great debating with you, hope to do more of the kind in future. :D
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2010, 11:08:04 am »
Oh oh oh okay! Now I don't want a fight! Lol. :P

Maybe I was a bit too strict in my writing. Sorry for that.

Cheer up now.