Author Topic: It's still a man's world? Do you agree?  (Read 5936 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: It's still a man's world? Do you agree?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 06:15:36 pm »
More elaboration is necessary on what is this "man's world".

One perception may be that a "man's world" is where women are discriminated

Well, this is true, to some extent, in the less developed countries. The law for men and women is not the same. Law is often not executed properly.

In northern Africa, it is common for girls and women in villages to face sexual torture, meant to make them less attractive so that men are not attracted to them.

This is definitely something ridiculous as in a "man's world".

Another perception may be that a "man's world" is one where the men works hours in office, and woman sits in home managing the kids and doing household stuffs.

Even here, people will take this in a different way. Some people will think that this is discrimination, that woman are often forced to look after household stuffs and has no independence. Others will think that this is alright, as women and men has different roles to play in the society and a child needs mother's care. As for me, I think the benefits of woman working in the society is far more than being trapped and looking for a child.

In my opinion, yes, this is a "man's world", almost in every way. But women are gaining emancipation in the west, and also in the east. But sadly, middle eastern countries still discriminate women substantially. But the situation should change.

After all, the male:female ratio is getting lesser and lesser day by day. :P

Freaked12

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 10:55:24 pm »
Andrew Hall, chief executive of the AQA exam board, said it was "a great day for science but a sad day for languages".

Boys continued to lag behind girls in most subjects, a trend of more than two decades, with the gap widening slightly between the genders at the top grades this year.

www.bbcnews.com

This is discouraging.Hey Chingoo dude i dont see logical weakness There  :P

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2010, 01:50:50 am »
Requiem, I'm not going by researches, I'm going by science. :) Researches are often limited to a certain area, the people being tested might not hail from the same social, economic and cultural backgrounds and even if they do, it is hard to determine whether any external factors are compromising the accuracy of a study. Science is stable, for most part. Women have more connections with the hypothalamus and other emotive centres of the brain, whilst men have more connections with the cerebrum than others. Also, before calling me a 'dude' do check my gender :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 01:53:29 am by Chingoo »
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Freaked12

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 02:09:18 am »
"Men are from Mars, women are from Venus."and Mauritians are from Jupiter

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:19:56 am by Requiem »

Freaked12

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 02:22:32 am »
I have also heard women have a larger deep limbic System which means women are more able to express their feelings correctly.Does that make Females too emotional for their own good?  :P

I think thats a good characteristic for a good leader

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 02:27:19 am »
*shrugs* I believe a leader should be unbiased, decisive and have a mental and physical advantage, in general. A revolutionary or innovator should have emotional strength; as I stated before. Women, if focus a certain amount of their strengths (since they would have a job/hobby of some sort, if they like) on their children and the social circle they move in, can bring out a society which is strong and productive. If women fail to do this task neither men nor women can be suited for strong roles in a society.

Freaked12

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 02:30:52 am »
How Could You be decisive When You cannot express Your feelings correctly?

Contradiction i see  :P

Girls already have a mental advantage
.Proven so dont argue.

2-0 up right there

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 02:36:00 am »
Of course you can be decisive; you don't express your emotions as well, you express the facts. Men are generally the kind who don't want to share their emotions a lot, and that's a good thing because you don't give your weakness out to your enemies. You can make decisions without too much panic and pressure being felt.

And girls have a mental advantage of what kind, exactly? Be precise; and what proof? That women can express their emotions better so they have a mental advantage? Well, of course they do. But not the one needed for a leader. Simple as that.

Freaked12

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 02:43:23 am »

Mental Advantage as In Academic Performance.

Are you writing through your emotions or stating facts. You are a female no ?  :P

All my Female Friends are as decisive as anything.
I go to them for advice.

CONTRADICTION  :P

Where are you from
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:46:42 am by Requiem »

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2010, 02:51:25 am »
Dude, I told you before: researches don't mean anything unless they support a scientific fact. And I might be writing through my emotions, God knows how I came up with facts with support my emotions! :o

I'm not saying women are overemotional crybabies who have nothing better to do but sing lullabies. I'm making a comparison, and it's for the GENERAL population of the world, which may or may not include your galfriends. :P

I'm from Pakistan, apparently where you're from.

Freaked12

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2010, 02:56:42 am »
See my Signature.

Pakistani and Proud. 8)

Living abroad though.

Freaked12

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2010, 03:00:54 am »
I did state a scientific fact.

The larger deep limbic system in women enables them to express their feelings more correctly which i believe is a characteristic of a good leader.

You need to teach your subordinates what you are demanding/ordering Only then they will carry it out efficiently no?

Freaked12

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2010, 03:02:41 am »
and Wait.

I asked my Encarta this and she told me that women have significantly larger Orbitofrontal to amygdale ratio which means they can controll THEIR EMOTIONS  :P

Good night.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 03:04:18 am by Requiem »

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2010, 06:08:14 am »
I've never read of a leader who is a good leader because he's really emotional, touchy and sensitive.  I'm sure a leader with these qualities isn't in particular bad, but these qualities are not seen to be the determining factor in the merit a leader. Of course, I don't think there's a 101 on what makes a good leader with UNO so there's a deadlock unless either of us gives up. :P

Also, women are patient so yeah they probably have a control of emotions, but they're the ones PMSing, right? Look it up; it's all about losing emotional control, even if a little.

Good morning here ;D And yes, I did say you're probably Pakistani because of your signature. Proud myself. :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:37:29 am by Chingoo »

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2010, 09:12:48 am »
Women and girls certainly have a more sensitive 'sixth sense'. This is proven by science. They instinctively pay more attention to the other's body language and signs. As a result, it is more difficult to lie to or cheat/deceive a woman or girl. She can catch you. Or her instinct definitely can.

This characteristic is said to be a natural quality meant for girls to 'catch' if her boyfriend or husband is cheating on her. :P

So Ladies, trust and go for your instinct. :P