Author Topic: What's happiness for you?  (Read 5504 times)

Alpha

Re: What's happiness for you?
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 02:02:48 pm »
Ya, happiness is subjective. I agree.

But question, subjective on what?

On people, or... on time?

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 03:13:27 pm »
Ya, happiness is subjective. I agree.

But question, subjective on what?

On people, or... on time?

It varies actually. People can be classified into two groups: those who have an strong ultimate aim and are willing to work for it. And those who don't have any aim but just takes life with a 'happy go lucky' attitude.

In the former case, it is subjective on people. Happiness can only be achieved when the ultimate aim is fulfilled in the way wanted. Their criteria for happiness is fixed.

In the latter case, on time. Because they are just happy to fulfill their day to day activities successfully. If they are unsuccessful in any daily activity, they will become unhappy. Their criteria for happiness is today, to pass a test. And tomorrow to hang on with friends and day after tomorrow, to learn lessons correctly. It varies tremendously for them.

Alpha

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2010, 03:25:02 pm »
It varies actually. People can be classified into two groups: those who have an strong ultimate aim and are willing to work for it. And those who don't have any aim but just takes life with a 'happy go lucky' attitude.

In the former case, it is subjective on people. Happiness can only be achieved when the ultimate aim is fulfilled in the way wanted. Their criteria for happiness is fixed.

In the latter case, on time. Because they are just happy to fulfill their day to day activities successfully. If they are unsuccessful in any daily activity, they will become unhappy. Their criteria for happiness is today, to pass a test. And tomorrow to hang on with friends and day after tomorrow, to learn lessons correctly. It varies tremendously for them.

What about human wants?

Second category you described, don't they have wants?

And wants... aren't they subjective?

Happiness is achievement; one is happy when one achieves what one desires. If we go by that, then everybody's description of happiness fits in.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 06:55:19 pm »
What about human wants?

Second category you described, don't they have wants?

And wants... aren't they subjective?

Happiness is achievement; one is happy when one achieves what one desires. If we go by that, then everybody's description of happiness fits in.

Happiness is achievement; one is happy when one achieves what one desires.

Exactly. The two types I described is just people with different pattern of wants. ;)

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 06:58:03 pm »
Happiness is serenity!

Alpha

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2010, 07:49:24 am »
Happiness is achievement; one is happy when one achieves what one desires.

Exactly. The two types I described is just people with different pattern of wants. ;)

Yeah... But there's another problem: our wants keeps changing with time. Then, the perception of happiness too does change.

Happiness is serenity!

So true. One want that maybe will never change.

Offline [Ash]

• ^-^
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • 24/7
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2010, 08:00:09 pm »
nice points raised and answered perfectly who believe in what actually happiness is.
I agree with Shoshou that happiness is your inner satisfaction, inner peace. until and unless your needs are not fulfilled... you are not happy but when it comes to wants.. then its not that you are not happy. its that you are not satisfied or convinced! Simple ;)

All i Ever Did Was Love...And All You Did Was Lie... Never Understood It.But Never Asked You Why!?!?

Offline kenmaster2

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2011, 03:42:49 pm »
Live your life without any regret. That's happiness for me!  ;D

Offline Nikita Eshrat

• SF Citizen
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2011, 01:52:47 am »
HAPPINESS is acceptance!!!
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains .And we never even know we have the key!
And most importantly, i shall also not be conquered :D !

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2011, 08:34:19 am »
In my opinion, happiness is not a state of affairs but a state of mind. This is the reason why some people seem happy and content with what little they have, while others seem to bicker at the slightest problems in their life. Yes, there are carefree people who go with the flow while others like to have some control over their life, but at the same time happiness comes from within. Achievement of a goal cannot 'define' happiness unless the person 'decides' that this is how he'll be happy. We ourselves put it down that we cannot be happy unless we are in a particular state of affairs, not our minds. Yes, it is hard to be cheery and gleeful when you're broke and there's a death in the family but it's not impossible to come out of it. And that is the only true way we can be happy or unhappy; we should not let the state of affairs be our guide but our own mind.

And you know something, for those goal-oriented, passionate people? It's better to be happy rather than ticked off with your fate half the while because it reduces the strain on your head. Stress is good but in measured doses and if you don't let in some fresh air every once in a while, you compromise your abilities to handle problems and actually slow down yourself in achieving your goal(s).

So coming from me: learn to be happy in the most adverse of situations because this is something you decide--be thankful of the blessings we have, because there are almost a few million people who cannot even perceive the material and emotional tranquility of our lives. And even if not, what's a life without some challenges? So face them head on with a grin on your face.
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

***exam***

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2011, 10:48:06 am »
wow that is a very difficult question to answer .....
happiness for me is   dreaming with the confidence that someday , overcoming all the difficulties, i would realise it  :D :D

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2011, 12:47:48 pm »
Happiness fer me = Seeing my loved ones happy :D
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.