Author Topic: What's happiness for you?  (Read 5703 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: What's happiness for you?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 12:47:55 pm »
Only money? So, let us say that you have money and you are the richest man on earth but you have a very bad disease, you don't have a family or friends and only the people you deal with in life are businessmen. All the people respect you for your money but not for who you are and you know very well that once you will lose your money, no one will stand by your side.

Is that happiness for you? You said the only thing which brings you happiness is money.

@Ahana, yes I agree : 'One cannot be happy without peace. There is no happiness for a person who always doubts.'

Yes. Of course I will  be VERY happy if that happens.

Firstly, being rich, I will of course take regular medical checkups. This will substantially reduce my chances of getting a bad disease by very much. But still if I do have that kind of disease, even cancer is curable these days. Eg. Microsoft executive Paul Allen had blood cancer. He was cured with a 2 year treatment.

And there is no reason why my family should desert me just because I am so rich.They will be proud of me, that I am so rich. They will love me so much more because of my money. I will love them too. So, this situation is not possible as I see no reason why my family will desert me when I am so rich.

So, the circumstances you described has a very low chance of occuring in the first place. And even if they occur I will still be able to fight them to my advantage as I described earlier.

Now lets suppose (God forbid), I am a poor or a middle class person. I have an incurable disease. My family deserts me because I cannot even feed them to their desire because I have little money. There will be no chance of curing my disease because I cannot afford medical treatment of any form. My family hates me because I have little money. I cannot afford any luxury at all. Or only a little.

Will I be happy? Will YOU Be happy in this situation? N-O.

The criteria of happiness will differ. But for me it is only money and more and more money and more money than I can think of which makes me happy. Others will have different perception, no doubt. But for me its MORE and MORE MONEY.

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 12:56:21 pm »
happiness- achieving all that i want to...making all the people i care for, as happy as i can. happines-doing everything in my power help all the ones who need it!

Monica

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 12:56:53 pm »
@Stylish,

You need to know something, money doesn't buy everything in this world as you think. Money doesn't buy happiness.

You can convince yourself as much as you can and make it your belief that money would be a cause of happiness but it alone will never make you fully satisfied. The more you get, the more you will want.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 01:38:53 pm »
@Stylish,

You need to know something, money doesn't buy everything in this world as you think. Money doesn't buy happiness.

You can convince yourself as much as you can and make it your belief that money would be a cause of happiness but it alone will never make you fully satisfied. The more you get, the more you will want.

Only in movies do we see that money doesn't buy everything. In real life, it can do anything, other than avert death. And I already explained how money can be used to cope with any situation in real life in my earlier post, successfully.

Yes. The more money I have, the more I want. In fact, do you realize it is a self realizing thing and thus, can lead to more and more happiness? Let me explain.

Consider a poor person, he has only $100. Next year, he aims to make $50. He does it and next year, he has $150. Now he wants more. He wants to make another $100 next year. It will be EASIER for him to achieve this aim, considering a compound and variable rate of PERCENTAGE return on his investment. So, in fact, the more money you have, THE EASIER IT IS TO MAKE MORE AND MORE MONEY. AND of course I will want more and more money. Exponential rate of money. So, it becomes EASIER and self fulfilling to earn MORE and MORE MONEY which I want!

This is true because in any investment, it is the % return which matters, not the lump sum. If I have a billion dollars iA, I will want another billion dollars, which is more and more money. Because the rule of PERCENTAGE return, that will be so much easier for me to achieve iA! So, since it becomes easier to earn exponential amount of money, I will be realizing my aim of more and more money. Since I will be realizing it, I will definitely be more and more happy.

Offline Heart Hacker

• SF Addict !!! =D
  • SF Master
  • oh no!!
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 01:42:44 pm »
i m happy as long as i dnt have any problems . no matter where i am or what i have.  :)

n i agree ..money cant buy happiness ...it may make u happy for a period of time...
Hope for the Best .....Expect the Worst ;)

Thank Allah for everything :)

Monica

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 02:20:15 pm »
Only in movies do we see that money doesn't buy everything. In real life, it can do anything, other than avert death. And I already explained how money can be used to cope with any situation in real life in my earlier post, successfully.

Yes. The more money I have, the more I want. In fact, do you realize it is a self realizing thing and thus, can lead to more and more happiness? Let me explain.

Consider a poor person, he has only $100. Next year, he aims to make $50. He does it and next year, he has $150. Now he wants more. He wants to make another $100 next year. It will be EASIER for him to achieve this aim, considering a compound and variable rate of PERCENTAGE return on his investment. So, in fact, the more money you have, THE EASIER IT IS TO MAKE MORE AND MORE MONEY. AND of course I will want more and more money. Exponential rate of money. So, it becomes EASIER and self fulfilling to earn MORE and MORE MONEY which I want!

This is true because in any investment, it is the % return which matters, not the lump sum. If I have a billion dollars iA, I will want another billion dollars, which is more and more money. Because the rule of PERCENTAGE return, that will be so much easier for me to achieve iA! So, since it becomes easier to earn exponential amount of money, I will be realizing my aim of more and more money. Since I will be realizing it, I will definitely be more and more happy.

I know this girl. She is extremely rich and part of her family comes on the tv. They are famous as in. She would have ANYTHING she wants because she always had the money to buy everything BUT her mother and father wouldn't get along. Lots of fights would happen between her parents and it was official that they were going to get divorced. Was she happy? No. Her mom was crying all day and her dad wasn't happy.

How can money help in that Borakk? You can't buy happiness. You never can.

I agree about having some money in your life to live with but there are far more important things in life other than money.

About you having a medical care because you are rich, well never underestimate what life can bring you.

Money is just a decoration for this life and it doesn't last forever. It alone will never be the reason for happiness.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 02:35:11 pm »
I know this girl. She is extremely rich and part of her family comes on the tv. They are famous as in. She would have ANYTHING she wants because she always had the money to buy everything BUT her mother and father wouldn't get along. Lots of fights would happen between her parents and it was official that they were going to get divorced. Was she happy? No. Her mom was crying all day and her dad wasn't happy.

How can money help in that Borakk? You can't buy happiness. You never can.

I agree about having some money in your life to live with but there are far more important things in life other than money.

About you having a medical care because you are rich, well never underestimate what life can bring you.

Money is just a decoration for this life and it doesn't last forever. It alone will never be the reason for happiness.

Well, that girl's parents obviously doesn't know how to use money and are just busy quarreling with each other. Its not money's fault. Its their management's fault. And Money can still help them. Why not hold a mutual discussion between the hubby and the wife? Maybe the wife wants many things, but the hubby is just too stingy, though rich? Or he doesn't want to give his wife what she wants? Like a luxurious house in her own personal name (maybe her hubby just keeps all properties in his own name and not one in his wife or daughter's name)? Just spend some money and meet the wants! MONEY can help to solve EVERYTHING.

I do believe of any incurable disease. Now ask yourself- do you have a higher chance of catching that kinda disease when you are very rich and do regular medical checkups? Or is it higher in a middle class or poor family who are not bothered to do any regular medical checkup because it would cost too much money? The chance in case of a very rich health conscious person is substantially less.

So, it is only more and more and more money than I can think of which can make me happy. Nothing else.

Offline *Hope*

• The Precious Pearl
  • SF Master
  • For Some Reason I Can't Grab It..Tried And Gaveup
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 02:45:31 pm »
For me..happiness is self satisfaction of what u have and what Allah has written for u..whether it is a thing that u always wanted but never got or getting something u never wanted..
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 02:47:27 pm by *Hope* »
O Allah grant us all the Jannah
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter
Success is that old ABC ability,breaks,and courage
While there's life,there's Hope ;)
As long as I have faith in Allah,nothing else matters insA <3
Keep on forgetting to forget about you <3

Monica

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2010, 02:45:53 pm »
Well, that girl's parents obviously doesn't know how to use money and are just busy quarreling with each other. Its not money's fault. Its their management's fault. And Money can still help them. Why not hold a mutual discussion between the hubby and the wife? Maybe the wife wants many things, but the hubby is just too stingy, though rich? Or he doesn't want to give his wife what she wants? Like a luxurious house in her own personal name (maybe her hubby just keeps all properties in his own name and not one in his wife or daughter's name)? Just spend some money and meet the wants! MONEY can help to solve EVERYTHING.

There is something called love. As I said, they were rich and famous. The mother, father and daughter had everything they wanted. =]

Money can't help solve everything. Hollywood stars are the richest and they get divorced. Why couldn't money fix everything then?

Why couldn't money make this world in peace without wars? Actually, money is the reason why people kill each other nowadays.

About people getting sick, well it is not about the chance of getting a disease, it is God who gives health to people so don't think because you are rich, you are less likely to become sick. Never think in that manner because it is not right.

So, you are saying that all poor people in this world are not happy?

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2010, 02:58:54 pm »
There is something called love. As I said, they were rich and famous. The mother, father and daughter had everything they wanted. =]

Money can't help solve everything. Hollywood stars are the richest and they get divorced. Why couldn't money fix everything then?

Why couldn't money make this world in peace without wars? Actually, money is the reason why people kill each other nowadays.

About people getting sick, well it is not about the chance of getting a disease, it is God who gives health to people so don't think because you are rich, you are less likely to become sick. Never think in that manner because it is not right.

So, you are saying that all poor people in this world are not happy?

Yes. They had everything they wanted. But more information on what this 'everything' is. I'm sure either the husband or the wife doesn't get SOMETHING what they want, for which they are quarreling. And EVERYTHING can be bought with money. They just need to CORRECTLY identify what is this something which one of them is not getting. And use money to fulfill this want.

You were talking about love. Even love can be bought with money. If I have very excessive amount of money, my wife will love me automatically if I satisfy all her needs and wants with my money. As simple as that. =]

Of course its Allah who gives health. I fully believe in this. Why shouldn't he give me good health if I am very very rich by the grace of him and pray to him regularly? He will definitely. He is ever merciful and ever giving. No doubt about that.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:02:09 pm by $tyli$h Executive »

Offline Heart Hacker

• SF Addict !!! =D
  • SF Master
  • oh no!!
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2010, 03:04:02 pm »

If I have very excessive amount of money, my wife will love me automatically if I satisfy all her needs and wants with my money. As simple as that. =]

she wont be loving you.. she will be loving the money  :)

Offline *Hope*

• The Precious Pearl
  • SF Master
  • For Some Reason I Can't Grab It..Tried And Gaveup
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2010, 03:31:34 pm »

yupp..well said hacker +rep ;)
Besides I think it will be a challenging way to start life with ur new partner..from the zero step towards achieving success.. Which includes having more money and being happy.. In that way I think this will be the right way to live..love of the partner and not his/her money :)
O Allah grant us all the Jannah
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter
Success is that old ABC ability,breaks,and courage
While there's life,there's Hope ;)
As long as I have faith in Allah,nothing else matters insA <3
Keep on forgetting to forget about you <3

Alpha

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010, 12:59:29 pm »

Exactly.

And what is happiness?

Very simple. Take a wheel, a brush and some white paint. Make a white dot with the paint in one exact place on the wheel.
And as you walk, roll the wheel with you.

That's happiness.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2010, 01:03:38 pm »
Oh my. I got so many people scoffing down on me. Please have a look at my earlier posts in this topic. ;) :P

As I said in my first post,  criteria of happiness will differ. For me, its more money and wealth. Other people will naturally have different criteria. I'm well aware of that. So, I won't argue much. I already explained earlier.

Offline Heart Hacker

• SF Addict !!! =D
  • SF Master
  • oh no!!
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2010, 01:50:44 pm »
Oh my. I got so many people scoffing down on me. Please have a look at my earlier posts in this topic. ;) :P

As I said in my first post,  criteria of happiness will differ. For me, its more money and wealth. Other people will naturally have different criteria. I'm well aware of that. So, I won't argue much. I already explained earlier.

your not totally wrong ..its just some aspects  :P