Author Topic: Over 100m Facebook profiles harvested, available in torrent  (Read 3440 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: Over 100m Facebook profiles harvested, available in torrent
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 06:32:51 pm »
LOL, he is astar! ;D

But what he said is true. It is just that they are valued so much, due to the large user base and advertising potential. Microsoft valued facebook at 15 billion and purchased 1% stake in it.

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 06:34:34 pm »
LOL...  :D Why is astar making fake accounts?  :P

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 07:35:59 pm »
Okay. Lets get this clear.

It requires you to exploit a security VULNERABILITY. Its not a simple loop. Once you discover the vulnerability, you just have to repeat it, in a loop, over the facebook website. It requires a high speed internet connection. But a large hard disk capacity would be enough for this, with a common computer, like those used for server.

You do know what is a brute force attack, don't you? If yes, only brute force attack will require a high performance computer, IF PROCESSING is involved. But in this case, the internet is involved. Once you get the logic, you just have to set up the loop. One go, thats it.

Remember the hacker Curador? He was an ordinary school boy who hacked millions of credit card numbers. Thing is, he got the logic and executed it. Now don't tell me he had a high performance computer.

So, better do some research on how many hackers have got a mainframe, or a supercomputer. At best, a server configuration computer is enough for any hacking purposes for the professional hacker. Usually a common computer like we use is enough.

Yes, but in most cases, the vulnerability is spotted by the anti-virus system, whenever unauthorised changes are made, the system is made in such a way to prevent that, so finding a vulnerability on a server is very hard. Often, people have to use a combination of both brute force and other techniques such as loop hole plunging to actually get the access code necessary. Before, computers were not so easily available and they were a lot more expensive, because of the companies spent little on protection, as compared to now.

Yes, and the person who got that info, was already working with Face-book, he is a part of a security group actually. I actually happen to know a lot of people who hack for a hobby, but the conclusion they came to is that now internet intervention is impossible, you at least need to get into the LAN and know the LAN well enough, to hide behind the computer IDs.

And brute force and computer loop holes are not the only hacking methods. Brute force is not extremely processor hogging, there are other more intelligent methods that require even more processor power as well as network infrastructure.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 07:54:57 pm »
Safest way is to get a job at the security department of a bank somehow.

Whatever.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 08:06:32 pm »
Whatever it is, exploiting loopholes and brute force attack are the only ways to hack.  Hacking can be done with simple tools and PC as I explained earlier provided you know how to. Complexities will, at best, require a server configuration computer.

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2010, 12:59:42 pm »
Genius guy. I wish to learn how to hack paypal and online banking sites this way.

YEAH!! i love hackers!!!! i wish i could do some too!

Offline Arthur Bon Zavi

• |Sun of Tomorrow... =]|
  • SF V.I.P
  • Fiducia in questo uomo ciecamente.
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 04:51:28 pm »
Genius guy. I wish to learn how to hack paypal and online banking sites this way.

ditto!!  ;D ;D

Continuous efforts matter more than the outcome.
- NU