Author Topic: Is it a fact that science can not prove everything?  (Read 22622 times)

Freaked12

Is it a fact that science can not prove everything?
« on: June 20, 2010, 07:06:00 pm »
Yahoo>Answers>Religion and Spirituality

Marfa Lights
Marfa, Texas

The Marfa Lights have baffled scientists since the first recorded sighting in 1883. Visible only on clear nights, the weird yellowish-green orbs float, bounce around, and vanish then reappear over the Mitchell Flats, just outside of Marfa, Texas. Explanations range from the mundane (mirages, car taillights) to the otherworldly (alien spacecrafts, displaced souls), but the fun of these inexplicable lights is certainly in the mystery. Each Labor Day weekend, Marfa residents celebrate the phenomenon at the Marfa Lights Festival. The three-day fest – complete with live music, street parties, and local arts and crafts vendors – kicks off with a Friday night parade and has become a reunion for former Marfa residents and mystery lights fanatics alike (there are several full books on the topic, by the way). Year round, visitors flock to the viewing center, about 10 miles east of Marfa, for a glimpse of the mystifying glows.

Why can't science explain what is going on. This makes science a total fail.

Posted by.*****

Offline I'm a mistake - legalize abortion!

• SF Farseer
Re: Is it a fact that science can not prove everything?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 06:25:26 pm »
Yahoo>Answers>Religion and Spirituality

Marfa Lights
Marfa, Texas

The Marfa Lights have baffled scientists since the first recorded sighting in 1883. Visible only on clear nights, the weird yellowish-green orbs float, bounce around, and vanish then reappear over the Mitchell Flats, just outside of Marfa, Texas. Explanations range from the mundane (mirages, car taillights) to the otherworldly (alien spacecrafts, displaced souls), but the fun of these inexplicable lights is certainly in the mystery. Each Labor Day weekend, Marfa residents celebrate the phenomenon at the Marfa Lights Festival. The three-day fest – complete with live music, street parties, and local arts and crafts vendors – kicks off with a Friday night parade and has become a reunion for former Marfa residents and mystery lights fanatics alike (there are several full books on the topic, by the way). Year round, visitors flock to the viewing center, about 10 miles east of Marfa, for a glimpse of the mystifying glows.

Why can't science explain what is going on. This makes science a total fail.

Posted by.*****

Just because some questions can't be answered doesn't make Science a fail. Science has produced miracles..
How can this guy be calling science a total fail when he is asking the question in the internet ?

Seems like a brain-fault... ::)
If you don't like my driving, then stay off the sidewalk

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 06:32:57 pm »
Science is not a "total fail". If it was, he wouldn't be using his computer or mobile to post this in Yahoo Answers.

Freaked12

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 06:35:24 pm »
I think he meant that by using science, You dont get answers but more and more questions thus destroying the whole originality of the concept

• SF Farseer
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 06:40:59 pm »
I think he meant that by using science, You dont get answers but more and more questions thus destroying the whole originality of the concept

He must be the guy flashing Disco lights out there and calling them Marfa Lights.... ::)

Freaked12

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 06:42:34 pm »
He must be the guy flashing Disco lights out there and calling them Marfa Lights.... ::)
LOL but it is true innit?

• SF Farseer
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 06:49:23 pm »
LOL but it is true innit?
javascript:void(0) ;D

Science has yet to answer many things. Universe is too complex for us to crack it up in a millenium but I believe the time will come when we will find the answers.... Just that I will be a vengeful ghost by that time. ;D

Freaked12

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 06:51:00 pm »
javascript:void(0) ;D

Science has yet to answer many things. Universe is too complex for us to crack it up in a millenium but I believe the time will come when we will find the answers.... Just that I will be a vengeful ghost by that time. ;D

Oh man i love this guy

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 08:53:00 pm »
Never heard of godels incompleteness theorem? Not everything can be proved in a self consistent way.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 09:20:34 pm »
+ there is smthn called *the unknown * that some ppl who r followers of specific religions  r supposed to believe in . and some of these stuff are not yet explained ;)

P.S. science SOMETIMES fails to xplain some stuff :)
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

nid404

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 06:58:32 am »
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

elemis

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 07:19:14 am »
I call it hypocrisy when people sit in the comfort of their homes and question the essence of science.

If it weren't for science we'd all be dead by the age of 30  or so (considering there were no medical breakthroughs).

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 08:58:22 am »
If it weren't for science we'd all be dead by the age of 30  or so (considering there were no medical breakthroughs).
Then we wouldnt be cursed by old age.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 09:06:14 am »
Then we wouldnt be cursed by old age.

I'm sure nobody wants to be dead by 30. So, old age is a blessing in fact that you can see the world for a longer period. Its not a curse if you follow health regulations strictly. You can be both healthy and old.

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 09:53:25 pm »
dont agree with u ther xena...religion w/o science IS NOT blind..religion is pure faith..PURE faith...n that would mean faith w/o any base...any proof...science is proof..and if one goes lookin fr scientific reasons behind evrythin thats in religion...religion loses its purpose
what im sayin is that religion doesnt need science...and science is well..tryin to xplain us all hw n y n wen we evolved..while religion duznt even hav to do nethin abt Y u evolved..its jst v direct..ur ther..and then we're given a particular way thats to be folowed to lead our lives!