Author Topic: Is banning Facebook the solution?  (Read 7002 times)

Alpha

Re: Is banning Facebook the solution?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 03:52:04 pm »
Political freedom has slowly and surely drifted away in its meaning from freedom of speech. Nowadays, when there is a market approach in every country people take criticism of government as God-Given right. Freedom of speech is occurs when you do struggle (correct me if i am wrong) to get your message across.
Thus insulting major religions , philosophies , important figures who are held dear to a very large population has now become the new definition of freedom of speech.

We go around... People are biased, Facebook is not.
Even if you ban Facebook, they will find other ways. Maybe packed with their reasons. Making a scapegoat of Facebook is no way out.

Cut their tongues and hands then? I always thought Shah Jahan was foolish to cut people's hands, and not their tongues.  ::)

Freaked12

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2010, 03:55:43 pm »
We go around... People are biased, Facebook is not.
Even if you ban Facebook, they will find other ways. Maybe packed with their reasons. Making a scapegoat of Facebook is no way out.

Cut their tongues and hands then? I always thought Shah Jahan was foolish to cut people's hands, and not their tongues.  ::)

Facebook senorita needs to show that it cares for it's members.There was no intellect involved in that cursed page.Authors wanted to make fun of Islam.
Surely that is a reason enough for them to ban it?

And i dont care about other pages, they can do whatever they want but as far as i am concerned facebook with a muslim population of 4 million should have atleast banned the authors

elemis

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 03:57:27 pm »
I still dont get why you are so pissed off about the damn cartoons....

Alpha

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2010, 04:00:38 pm »
That's one among so many others...

Still, we cannot deny FB somehow also helps to propagate Islam.

Where there is to benefit, there is a cost also.

Freaked12

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2010, 04:05:33 pm »
I still dont get why you are so pissed off about the damn cartoons....

My Prophet is more dearer to me than my parents, that was what i was taught and that is what i believe

elemis

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2010, 04:07:00 pm »
My Prophet is more dearer to me than my parents, that was what i was taught and that is what i believe

I really dont care when people talk down about my religion or anything; its not like they have drastically changed my thoughts.

Who cares what they think ? I definitely dont.

Freaked12

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2010, 04:19:42 pm »
I really dont care when people talk down about my religion or anything; its not like they have drastically changed my thoughts.

I have different views,i want everyone to respect other religions no matter how flawed they look

elemis

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2010, 04:29:15 pm »
I have different views,i want everyone to respect other religions no matter how flawed they look

You will never achieve that.

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2010, 04:30:41 pm »
Yes, because humans embrace a supremacist nature.

nid404

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2010, 04:31:01 pm »

ohkay that's strange.

Alpha

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2010, 05:04:45 pm »

Good. But the world isn't a kindergarten. If people abuse any religion, others are here to retaliate.

You will never achieve that.

True. Unfortunate truth.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2010, 06:44:00 pm »

Exactly like me. If somebody ridicules Islam, I don't care. Not like they are forcing me to believe anything.

Offline girl_92

• SF Geek
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2010, 01:13:59 pm »
if u want others to respect our religion u have to respects others think for  a second what image were u puttin up about islam when u made tht group was there a diff b/w u nd them whtever they did u did the same nd they actually achieved wht they wanted because they realli wanted the musims to react nd yea we did... thee were so many people in pakistan who went on strike burnt tyres temme one thing whose economy was affected the people who made the cartooons think nd then react sometimes there are stuff which have to be simply ignored
some people sleep to dream while othrs wakeup to follow dem im the second type how abt u

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2010, 03:38:57 pm »
People are just so addicted to FB! Thank Allah, I aint one of them :P

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2010, 03:49:45 pm »
if u want others to respect our religion u have to respects others think for  a second what image were u puttin up about islam when u made tht group was there a diff b/w u nd them whtever they did u did the same nd they actually achieved wht they wanted because they realli wanted the musims to react nd yea we did... thee were so many people in pakistan who went on strike burnt tyres temme one thing whose economy was affected the people who made the cartooons think nd then react sometimes there are stuff which have to be simply ignored

Please do not point at another debater aggressively by saying "what image were you putting up" etc.