Author Topic: Is banning Facebook the solution?  (Read 7210 times)

Alpha

Re: Is banning Facebook the solution?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 04:59:41 pm »
I NEVER said that one's speech should be controlled - I stated that YOU, the person who says things, should practice more caution in what you say.

Okay, to whoever is against.  I modified it.

I'm not advocating that FB should be banned.  Wrong supposition! :P

I'm supplementing what you said.  ;)

Freaked12

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 05:00:33 pm »
It is just to weird
that fb receives millions of complaints yet didnt remove the page and my page which had barely so few members was removed.

Freaked12

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 05:02:50 pm »
Man, in FB, there are THOUSANDS of groups like that. What is more, there are millions of fan supporting those sites.

Just look at this. This group is protesting against Israel. There are 18 people supporting it. It doesn't get banned. I'm sure the israelis reading this group must've reported it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ISRAEL-IS-VERY-BAD-RELIGION/124243214273095?ref=search

There are THOUSANDS of religious groups, just as there are thousands of anti-religious groups. This is just freedom of speech. And someone must've reported the page you created and it must've got attention of a moderator of FB.

WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY

Alpha

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 05:04:35 pm »

That's why sites like Facebook should be encouraged to break down bias politicians.

By the way, typing in block letters is considered as shouting.

elemis

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 05:05:28 pm »
That's why sites like Facebook should be encouraged to break down bias politicians.

Very true, but I'll give him a chance. ;)

Freaked12

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 05:06:00 pm »

what the..
Dude why do you drift away from topics..bias politicans ?

Or my brain is small to comprehend your english

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 05:10:11 pm »

The medium and the concept of Facebook is itself great enough. They are serving their responsibility well enough. Microsoft sells millions of office and windows CDs. Microsoft has MILLIONS of enemies. Their softwares are pirated like free stuffs. Does the Microsoft assumes the "responsibility" of burning those people who uses pirated product alive?! Bill Gates doesn't even care if his products are pirated in China and other developing countries. Because he knows, there will always be opposers, no matter how great something is.

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 05:11:42 pm »

That is SO my liiinee! :-D
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Freaked12

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 05:12:47 pm »
That is SO my liiinee! :-D

perfect.
Am off.
Tea
bye

Alpha

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2010, 07:41:56 am »
what the..
Dude why do you drift away from topics..bias politicans ?

Or my brain is small to comprehend your english

Where am I drifting away...?

We are talking of Facebook, the 'Utopia' where freedom of expression really does reign on the virtual world, which is the replica of the press in the real world.
For those who don't know, the press is considered as the 4th power in a democracy, after the legislative, executive, and judiciary. And it is this press only that helps nations to rid of bias politicians, inflated megalomaniacs, discriminatory worms, senators for whom before their own selfish interests come nothing at all. The independent (course) press is the lantern that reveals most, if not all, of their under the table and in-the-dark, activities. And Facebook is also a medium of doing the same exposure. Politicians is one example I gave, there are many others if you look around well.

There are little chances of drifting away from the topic in a debate. You must have heard of the butterfly effect... A butterfly flapping its wings in Tokyo can influence the weather in California.  :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 08:10:30 am by ~Alpha »

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2010, 09:25:04 am »
Quite frankly when you guys are debating you need to come back down to earth.

FB is a biased platform, and is used to make a lot of money. The honest truth is this, nothing in this world is fair.

Now with the power of the Web, which as become an integral part of the press, it has become an influential factor in how we consider the reality of the events occurring.

The bottom line is, FB is abusing its powers, people look at it with too much hope, and most importantly it is biased to extremely liberal ideas.

Freaked12

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010, 12:00:52 pm »
Where am I drifting away...?

We are talking of Facebook, the 'Utopia' where freedom of expression really does reign on the virtual world, which is the replica of the press in the real world.
For those who don't know, the press is considered as the 4th power in a democracy, after the legislative, executive, and judiciary. And it is this press only that helps nations to rid of bias politicians, inflated megalomaniacs, discriminatory worms, senators for whom before their own selfish interests come nothing at all. The independent (course) press is the lantern that reveals most, if not all, of their under the table and in-the-dark, activities. And Facebook is also a medium of doing the same exposure. Politicians is one example I gave, there are many others if you look around well.

There are little chances of drifting away from the topic in a debate. You must have heard of the butterfly effect... A butterfly flapping its wings in Tokyo can influence the weather in California.  :)
So this is the definition of freedom of speech
Freedom of expression is one of the most fundamental rights that individuals enjoy. It is fundamental to the existence of democracy and the respect of human dignity. It is also one of the most dangerous rights, because freedom of expression means the freedom to express one's discontent with the status quo and the desire to change it.

What you are talking about is political freedom and should not be confused with freedom of speech

Alpha

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 02:42:28 pm »
So this is the definition of freedom of speech
Freedom of expression is one of the most fundamental rights that individuals enjoy. It is fundamental to the existence of democracy and the respect of human dignity. It is also one of the most dangerous rights, because freedom of expression means the freedom to express one's discontent with the status quo and the desire to change it.

What you are talking about is political freedom and should not be confused with freedom of speech

Strange coincidence... Both my answers will be similar. Direction:https://studentforums.biz/debates/taxes-and-charity!-what%27s-the-difference!!!/60/

Alpha

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2010, 03:02:12 pm »
Everything in the world is biased.

Facebook is just a tool, an instrument people use.

People are biased. Facebook is not.

Freaked12

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 03:36:40 pm »
Strange coincidence... Both my answers will be similar. Direction:https://studentforums.biz/debates/taxes-and-charity!-what%27s-the-difference!!!/60/

Political freedom has slowly and surely drifted away in its meaning from freedom of speech. Nowadays, when there is a market approach in every country people take criticism of government as God-Given right. Freedom of speech is occurs when you do struggle (correct me if i am wrong) to get your message across.
Thus insulting major religions , philosophies , important figures who are held dear to a very large population has now become the new definition of freedom of speech.