Author Topic: Taxes and Charity?! WHAT's THE DIFFERENCE?!!!  (Read 10430 times)

Alpha

Re: Taxes and Charity?! WHAT's THE DIFFERENCE?!!!
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2010, 03:39:42 pm »
Okay I am lost, i dont know where i am heading .
But to the last part i already replied

Take your time. I'm in no hurry.  :)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2010, 06:34:32 pm »
~How on Earth, Heaven, Hell, and Underworld  ::) can charity be a must if religion itself is voluntary?

Religion is a freedom, a universal right, according to Article 18 of the United Nations. Governments cannot equate charity and taxation, since they have no right to amend the Human Rights.
And tell me, in an underdeveloped country, where a majority of the population lives in destitute poverty, how can the concept of tax=charity be prevail? Who will the govt. tax? The poor?
Whereas... it could be getting financial aid from other countries (free of conditions)-- that would be charity. Even if it's quite improbable, it does prove taxes are not charity.

~If stealing is not bad, then what, earning your daily bread legally by putting in efforts is bad?

~Yes, true, it is deemed by the receiver. But still that is not strong reason enough for those who have money to, now, make a mockery of the poors' poverty.

Where on the earth, heaven, hell and underworld did I claim charity to be a must? :P

We're not talking here about UN or their laws.

Govt. will tax everybody, rich and poor, and take "charity" from everybody ("Charity" will be included in taxes).

Financial aid? That would still be a deal. Countries do not provide financial aid for free. Its usually in return of some opportunities for the businesses of the aid-giver country.

Stealing is not bad, if it is done in a civilized way. Its a credit, in fact, that you have been able to do it in a civilized way. Period.

You say that charity and taxes are not equal because one is voluntary and another is not. But, they are in fact. I proved this in my earlier posts. And if they are accepted to be equal by everybody, money wastage in charity will be avoided and this money could be put in more productive uses. Why pay twice if just "taxes" serve the purpose? I bet, nobody would pay charity, though its voluntary, if they knew that taxes=charity.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2010, 05:43:51 pm »
Alpha seems to have left the house. :/ :(

Offline I'm a mistake - legalize abortion!

• SF Farseer
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2010, 05:45:39 pm »
Alpha seems to have left the house. :/ :(

Lonely? ::) :P Give her a call then.. :P :P
If you don't like my driving, then stay off the sidewalk

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2010, 05:46:38 pm »
Lonely? ::) :P Give her a call then.. :P :P

Lonely online*.

By the way, I meant she had just left this debate. :P

Alpha

« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2010, 07:10:26 am »
It's peak time in Evo. I'll debate where I don't have much to write.