Author Topic: Taxes and Charity?! WHAT's THE DIFFERENCE?!!!  (Read 10619 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: Taxes and Charity?! WHAT's THE DIFFERENCE?!!!
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2010, 03:34:04 pm »
Inequalities are common. Its normal to have substantial income inequalities in all countries.

I went to UK. So, I can tell you, things in UK are generally THREE or MORE times expensive than what it costs here. So, the media of comparison used is in question itself! If a person living in UK earns pound 100, is he better or worse off than a person in Bangladesh earning pound 100 equivalent of BDT? Food for thought!

Freaked12

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2010, 04:36:44 pm »
Inequalities are common. Its normal to have substantial income inequalities in all countries.

I went to UK. So, I can tell you, things in UK are generally THREE or MORE times expensive than what it costs here. So, the media of comparison used is in question itself! If a person living in UK earns pound 100, is he better or worse off than a person in Bangladesh earning pound 100 equivalent of BDT? Food for thought!
true
Religion,custom,tastes,culture all make regions so different to each other

Alpha

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2010, 04:41:03 pm »
LOL, I lost my grip. But it's nice to see more people interested in debating.  ;)

Freaked12

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2010, 04:45:07 pm »
LOL, I lost my grip. But it's nice to see more people interested in debating.  ;)

This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

Alpha

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2010, 04:46:27 pm »

And how unfortunate that to wake up people, there has to be an earthquake first.  ;)

Freaked12

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2010, 04:48:10 pm »
And how unfortunate that to wake up people, there has to be an earthquake first.  ;)

oops.
i Didnt know who i was speaking to :P

Alpha

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2010, 04:50:07 pm »
oops.
i Didnt know who i was speaking to :P

Now you do.  :P

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2010, 05:32:41 pm »

Gosh, you must've learnt philosophical stuffs from Alpha, didn't you?! ;D

Freaked12

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2010, 05:33:45 pm »
No sorry
I have Joker(dark knight) as my mentor

Alpha

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2010, 08:30:23 am »

That was not philosophical.  :P

Alpha

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2010, 09:09:40 am »
And you tend to forget the focus of this topic. This topic focuses on whether taxes and charity are equal or not!. Not the system or method of taxes or charity.

Charity is voluntary, but most people pay it just cause their religion tells them to or just to show people. So, its not actually voluntary, just like taxes. And if the fact that "Taxes = Charity" is publicized by the government through various promotion medias extensively, people will be more willing to pay taxes, some will even pay it voluntarily. They will avoid charity, whose purpose is served by taxes. If people can make the purpose of charity serve in taxes, why pay taxes and charity separately and waste money?

Yes. It is much better and honourable to steal in a civilized manner. I strongly believe that stealing is not bad, but it must be done in a civilized and honourable way.

And the value of charity is deemed by the person who receives it. If a rich person has a plate of rice, which is one day old and a little stale, it is of very little value to him because he can easily cook another plate of rice or buy them. But to a poor people, this one plate of rice (be it stale), is of very high real value because he is after all, tensed whether he will get his next meal or not. It is very pleasing for him to know that he is able to get his next meal (doesn't matter to him if it is stale), without being tensed or working hard for it. So, even if we give poor people what we don't need, it is of a very high real value to them. And as long as this serves true, your equation of "give what you need" doesn't hold true. The "give what you don't need" formula is true.

~How on Earth, Heaven, Hell, and Underworld  ::) can charity be a must if religion itself is voluntary?

Religion is a freedom, a universal right, according to Article 18 of the United Nations. Governments cannot equate charity and taxation, since they have no right to amend the Human Rights.
And tell me, in an underdeveloped country, where a majority of the population lives in destitute poverty, how can the concept of tax=charity be prevail? Who will the govt. tax? The poor?
Whereas... it could be getting financial aid from other countries (free of conditions)-- that would be charity. Even if it's quite improbable, it does prove taxes are not charity.

~If stealing is not bad, then what, earning your daily bread legally by putting in efforts is bad?

~Yes, true, it is deemed by the receiver. But still that is not strong reason enough for those who have money to, now, make a mockery of the poors' poverty.

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2010, 09:31:32 am »
This question is futile in its efforts.

Charity by definition is Kindness. You are simply meaning it in terms of Physics Property. A choice that you have decided to make.

Taxes is the duty of a citizen.

Freaked12

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2010, 11:48:53 am »
~How on Earth, Heaven, Hell, and Underworld  ::) can charity be a must if religion itself is voluntary?

Religion is a freedom, a universal right, according to Article 18 of the United Nations. Governments cannot equate charity and taxation, since they have no right to amend the Human Rights.
And tell me, in an underdeveloped country, where a majority of the population lives in destitute poverty, how can the concept of tax=charity be prevail? Who will the govt. tax? The poor?
Whereas... it could be getting financial aid from other countries (free of conditions)-- that would be charity. Even if it's quite improbable, it does prove taxes are not charity.

~If stealing is not bad, then what, earning your daily bread legally by putting in efforts is bad?

~Yes, true, it is deemed by the receiver. But still that is not strong reason enough for those who have money to, now, make a mockery of the poors' poverty.
What are you talking about.?
Government has no right to amend the human rights?Saudi arabia,Qatar, East Timor, Bhutan, Colombia, Bolivia ,Poland (these are members of United nations and are the most religiously biased countries in their approach towards welfare of their population.
United Nations is a joke of a club.Security council is dominated by those nations that won the world war two like 60 years ago? and they can invade a nation provided all the members agree on it.
Whereas... it could be getting financial aid from other countries (free of conditions)
Aid is always received with strings attached and now after the global financial crisis, rich nations will probably dig up their own grave if they give money without conditions applied.
What the poor countries need right now is not money but THE forgiveness of the millions and billions of dollars of debt.Once, their debt is forgiven they could look forward to purchasing capital machinery and therefore improve its economic output.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 12:27:12 pm by Arsenal<3 »

Alpha

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2010, 02:31:32 pm »
What are you talking about.?
Government has no right to amend the human rights?Saudi arabia,Qatar, East Timor, Bhutan, Colombia, Bolivia ,Poland (these are members of United nations and are the most religiously biased countries in their approach towards welfare of their population.
United Nations is a joke of a club.Security council is dominated by those nations that won the world war two like 60 years ago? and they can invade a nation provided all the members agree on it.

I mean, any one government or any one politician cannot amend the laws as it wants to. Imagine Mugabe imposing his standards on the whole world.

A joke of a club? Well, then, this is the biggest joke of humankind ever.  :P

Aid is always received with strings attached and now after the global financial crisis, rich nations will probably dig up their own grave if they give money without conditions applied.
What the poor countries need right now is not money but THE forgiveness of the millions and billions of dollars of debt.Once, their debt is forgiven they could look forward to purchasing capital machinery and therefore improve its economic output.

I predicted this. That's why I added :Even if it's quite improbable, it does prove taxes are not charity.
That forgiveness you are talking about would be charity, in pure terms.

And maybe my knowledge is limited compared to yours... apparently here...
Can your majesty please explain how people can possibly exercise 'political freedom' without having recourse to freedom of expression? They take a crystal bowl and call a sorcerer, and try to guess what thoughts are wandering people's minds? Or the people contact each other by telepathy? Or I don't know, there must be some white pigeons still conveying messages secretly?  ::)

Like watching mute TV?  ;)

Freaked12

« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2010, 03:38:25 pm »
I mean, any one government or any one politician cannot amend the laws as it wants to. Imagine Mugabe imposing his standards on the whole world.

A joke of a club? Well, then, this is the biggest joke of humankind ever.  :P

I predicted this. That's why I added :Even if it's quite improbable, it does prove taxes are not charity.
That forgiveness you are talking about would be charity, in pure terms.

And maybe my knowledge is limited compared to yours... apparently here...
Can your majesty please explain how people can possibly exercise 'political freedom' without having recourse to freedom of expression? They take a crystal bowl and call a sorcerer, and try to guess what thoughts are wandering people's minds? Or the people contact each other by telepathy? Or I don't know, there must be some white pigeons still conveying messages secretly?  ::)

Like watching mute TV?  ;)

Okay I am lost, i dont know where i am heading .
But to the last part i already replied