Author Topic: Business Studies + Accounting Help [Quite Urgent!]  (Read 1910 times)

Offline msyale10

Business Studies + Accounting Help [Quite Urgent!]
« on: March 16, 2010, 11:10:10 am »

So I've sat for my exams, and I have gotten 73% over 100% for both my Business papers (Paper 1 and 2), and 66% for Paper 1 Accounting, and 63% for Paper 2 Accounting.

My teacher has extremely high standards and tells me that I am a B student for both the papers, as she is both my Accounting and Business Studies teacher. She studied at London School of Economics o.O. So I think she knows what she's talking about.

I have about a week and a half left to really buck up my marks for both papers so that I can get an A forecast for Business, and I will settle for a B forecast for Accounting, although I'd prefer an A.

I used to do really bad for both papers but I've been improving through every exam, but for the past exam and the exam before, I've maintain Bs for both subjects. I've asked her, what is it that I can do, what is it that I am missing, that's preventing me from getting a higher B (above 75%) and getting my desired A forecasts. She said I need a little extra more, and she said she wants me to figure it out on my own and work towards it.

Can anyone help me out here, and spare me some tips on how to do better, and how to answer case studies better? How can I present my answer better, and how can I not lose marks? How do I improve my discussions?

It would be most appreciated, and I will be checking in on this every few hours =)
Thank you!

<3

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
Re: Business Studies + Accounting Help [Quite Urgent!]
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 02:05:00 pm »
Well the best thing is to look at the examiner reports and follow the rule, of how to answer the questions.

Often its more about technique rather than the theory.

So the best thing to do is this:

1.Knowledge marks: definition, fact etc.
2.Application mark: use of the knowledge in the case study. Such as identifying stake holders afet you have defined what a stakeholder is
3.Analysis mark: the part where u answer the question
4.Evaluation mark: the part where u examine to what length ur answer satisfies the requirements

often u dont have to go as far as 4, 4 is usually needed for 8 marks or higher.