Author Topic: Business studies help.... Quickie !!  (Read 2263 times)

holtadit

Business studies help.... Quickie !!
« on: March 28, 2010, 01:30:31 pm »
Explain why, in many countries, the percentage of the workforce employed in tertiary
activities is increasing.

As a country becomes more developed its citizens have a larger disposable income and can afford to buy services like insurance, banking etc.
With increased wealth a country can afford to buy manufactured goods from abroad leading to  a decline in the Secondary industry.
The primary industry becomes more mechanised leading to fewer workers being employed.

What else ??

holtadit

Re: Business studies help.... Quickie !!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 03:40:35 pm »
 ???

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
Re: Business studies help.... Quickie !!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 03:52:09 pm »
yes, that is true, but there is a more important reason.

1. technology, due to diverse technology needs to many companies all over the world, a greater percentage of the workforce needs to be allocated towards ICT.

2. More and more countries are spending more in education, and this more people can attain degrees, with which they can go for higher salary jobs, that usually are in the tertiary sector, for example engineers, and doctors.

3. automation, as can clearly be seen with toyota gretly reduces the need for workers, and thus the demand for primary workforce is decreasing and the demannd for tertiary is increaseing as explained in 1 and 2.