Author Topic: Should drug testing on animals be allowed?  (Read 9259 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: Should drug testing on animals be allowed?
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2010, 01:32:10 pm »
Nid, you changed ID? Good, your previous one (nid404) was better than the new one! :) ;)

nid404

« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2010, 01:33:05 pm »
Nid, you changed ID? Good, your previous one (nid404) was better than the new one! :) ;)

I jst felt like goin back to my traditional id..lol...thanks :)

Offline T.Q

• SF Master
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2010, 01:52:14 pm »
Like we are less dangerous to them.....We always interfere in their lives...why can't we jst let them live in peace

Bhagwan, kuch toh buddhi do in logon ko.....kya hoga iss duniya ka

because if we had not interfered with them , the human kind would had vanished long time ago

i didnt understand the second line
translate  
No Matter What Happens In Life , Just Don't Lose Hope :)

nid404

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2010, 01:53:31 pm »
that wasn't meant for anyone, it ws a short msg to God....nuin to know as such

Interaction is neccessary, not interference

Offline plavelil

• SF Citizen
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2010, 06:09:51 am »
by killing animals wouldn't that create a break in food chain.....

Offline superduper2009

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2010, 11:57:12 pm »
In my opinion... it should be allowed.... BUT WAIT... there should be limitations... i mean we don't want to massacre the animal kingdom....
I had a pet cat... which died 3 years ago... and I cried so much for it...but I don't think that I would love the cat as much as my mother or father...
That's like choosing...would you rather let an animal die...and save thousands of lives...or would you not make the medicine...and let the thousands of people die... but you saved the life of an animal :D....
Imagine this... all of a sudden your nearest of relatives died... 1000 of them..... your mom...ur dad..ur brother...sister... aunti...uncle..cousin...friends...so on and so forth..... imagine the grief upon you... would you rather have all those people back or keep that cat in your arms....
a small loss for a large gain is in my opinion fine...

nid404

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2010, 07:42:40 am »
One man can do the same. why an animal? Just because it is defenseless? That's not the reason why you should end up using them as guinea pigs.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 07:51:01 am by nid404 »

Offline Vin

• SF V.I.P
    • Theory of Life - A new skew.
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2010, 07:49:48 am »
In my opinion... it should be allowed.... BUT WAIT... there should be limitations... i mean we don't want to massacre the animal kingdom....
I had a pet cat... which died 3 years ago... and I cried so much for it...but I don't think that I would love the cat as much as my mother or father...
That's like choosing...would you rather let an animal die...and save thousands of lives...or would you not make the medicine...and let the thousands of people die... but you saved the life of an animal :D....
Imagine this... all of a sudden your nearest of relatives died... 1000 of them..... your mom...ur dad..ur brother...sister... aunti...uncle..cousin...friends...so on and so forth..... imagine the grief upon you... would you rather have all those people back or keep that cat in your arms....
a small loss for a large gain is in my opinion fine...

Think exactly the opposite way .. place urself in the shoes of the animal .. its not lik im crazy behind animals .. but i care about them .. n yea even my dog died 8 years ago .. i cried for a week .. u cannot compare the love for a pet and the love for a parent .. two different thing yet having a major similarity between them .. care affection ..
my opinion
u hav urs .. its jus that i cant afford to type out a whole essay .. ;)

Offline plavelil

• SF Citizen
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2010, 10:20:22 am »
According to what i found out after doing this subject a s a  research project there are living tissues can be grown in test tubes and new drugs can be tested on these. Computers can also be programmed to show how medicines will react in the human body.

so instead of terminating animals one by one doctors or scientists sholdcreate living tissues in test tubes........

and By the way from what i have found that it is mainly the western expensive cosmetic companies that use experiment s on animals and then comes scientists or doctors who try to find the cure of certian diseases

so if ladies reduce the use of cosmetics (which is a main factor) simultaneous to that  men should also reduce the use of deodrants and other expensive creams.....

there is a 1% chance of stopiing the termination of animals for experiments......

Offline plavelil

• SF Citizen
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2010, 10:22:55 am »
and the other sad part is that ......., animals are not always like humans
...... tey do not suffer from all human diseases, so scientists have to give them the illnesses artificially.

de.. joints in rabbit legs are inflamed with chemicals to help research in rheumatism (my mom helped me to find this out)

dhese tests do not always work because animals do not react to drugs in the same way as humans.

Aspirin, for example damages pregnant mice and dogs, but not pregnant women.

Arsenic, which is a deadly poison for humans, has no effect on sheep, while penicillin, which is so valuable to humans, kills guinea pigs