Author Topic: Should drug testing on animals be allowed?  (Read 9294 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: Should drug testing on animals be allowed?
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2010, 08:57:38 am »
Lol...borakk....How can u assume, or rather I assume that everything you state is a fact......maybe some statements i can....but this one is too ridiculous to be a fact.....
back your statements with evidence.......

It is a fact that testing drugs helps us to develop good medicines for diseases - more accurately than otherwise.

This statement is not ridiculous. The statement "it is wrong to kill animals" has no justification, and thus is a mere assumption.

nid404

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2010, 11:20:19 am »
Lol borakk...

Killing is an offence. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :P

It is a fact that testing drugs helps us to develop good medicines for diseases - more accurately than otherwise.
Agreed....but the testing would be more effective if tested on humans than on animals....cause finally its humans who will respond to the drug, not the animal....so what's the point in merely killing a harmless soul when the result it shows might be quite a contrast from what humans would show....So many human volunteers, then why animals...
By the way this ws not the ridiculous statement...
The lame statement was "animals are made to serve humans"---> ASSUMPTIONS.....Just because humans evolved way faster than animals did, doesn't mean we can lay down rules like these....lol...no wayy

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2010, 11:25:25 am »
Killing for the betterment of human race is not an offence. ::) :P

Testing on humans? So many drugs are rejected due to harmful or poisonous effect. Human volunteers? We wouldn't kill humans or harm them by testing drugs on them. The effect on animals are often the same as the effect on humans later on. So, better test on animals and not put the life of a human at risk.

"Animals were made to serve humans" - It is a FACT, dearie! :P

Just see - who controls everything? We, or them? Who has the ability to think and reason? We, or them? And you'll get the answer.

nid404

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2010, 11:37:09 am »
"Animals were made to serve humans" - It is a FACT, dearie!"
Just because you said it...doesn't mean it's a fact

Humans may be more developed but that doesn't give them any rights to kill, for their betterment or someone else's
"Killing for the betterment of human race is not an offence."---Killing of any kind is an offence....God says. Even an atheist won't deny this fact....lol :P  This attitude is the most significant reason of mass killing(war) today....cause we have divided the human race on basis of caste ,creed nd color...and there's always a tiff between them...We all kill to protect our kinda ppl....It starts from the roots..HERE!

You think only humans have the ability to think,reason blah.....
Dear, I am a biology student and I have keen interest in animals(which u should've spotted by now :P :P ). Take time and watch NGC,discovery and Animal Planet....and see how much smarter they are compared to humans.....They are God's marvels...Look what we are doing to them...

Go check the population of humans...we r exploding!!

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2010, 11:47:58 am »
It is a fact. Doesn't matter if you deny it. :P

Its a common sense ( :P ) that we are superior to animals in thinking, logic and other abilities. They say, monkeys are 99% human. Why don't I see monkeys dominating humans, then? I watch animal planet sometimes. Enjoy it. But there is NO conclusive evidence that they are superior to human. They are often stronger, but lacks the mental ability.

Now back to the topic.

"Testing on humans? So many drugs are rejected due to harmful or poisonous effect. Human volunteers? We wouldn't kill humans or harm them by testing drugs on them. The effect on animals are often the same as the effect on humans later on. So, better test on animals and not put the life of a human at risk."

You have anything to say against this?

nid404

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2010, 11:52:26 am »
It is a fact. Doesn't matter if you deny it. :P

Its a common sense ( :P ) that we are superior to animals in thinking, logic and other abilities. They say, monkeys are 99% human. Why don't I see monkeys dominating humans, then? I watch animal planet sometimes. Enjoy it. But there is NO conclusive evidence that they are superior to human. They are often stronger, but lacks the mental ability.

Now back to the topic.

"Testing on humans? So many drugs are rejected due to harmful or poisonous effect. Human volunteers? We wouldn't kill humans or harm them by testing drugs on them. The effect on animals are often the same as the effect on humans later on. So, better test on animals and not put the life of a human at risk."

You have anything to say against this?

C'mon....everything u say isn't a fact....get it right....
Lack mental ability....ever had a pet, u'd knw....
You know how many animals have saved human lives, this is what we giv them in return....

Why don't you think the same way for animals huh? Why kill them then if not humans??!!
This is pure selfish thinking....

Next time back your statements with evidences, rather than reiterating them pointlessly

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2010, 12:00:10 pm »
Lacks mental ability - yes. Dogs are faithful. But can they interact with humans? Can they trick us? can they speak like us? Can they..........? :P

There is obvious evidence to proof this statement. Don't think I need to iterate them. Tell me if I need to get into detail. You should have understood why I said this anyway. ::)

Humans are precious than animals. Think - Would you be hurt, to a greater extent, if a human dies, or a pet? Do you read stories of animals dying on daily newspapers?

nid404

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2010, 12:14:00 pm »
I will only reply to your last point cause I've replied to the previous ones and clearly you haven't made any efforts to understand

To your last point, I will publish them when I have a printing press...lol...
No one cares about animals, so evn if 1000 dogs die, no one will care enough to publish them....

I am equally hurt when my pet dies or my family member dies...I've experienced both.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2010, 12:17:22 pm »
If you think my thinking is selfish, its because its logical. Often logical statements seem selfish. :P

I can understand you are very sentimental. :P

Offline T.Q

• SF Master
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2010, 12:20:29 pm »

I am equally hurt when my pet dies or my family member dies...I've experienced both.

wow ...

wat kind of relation do u have with animals ??
No Matter What Happens In Life , Just Don't Lose Hope :)

nid404

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2010, 12:27:14 pm »
LOVE 
 :o ??

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2010, 12:31:14 pm »
You mean you love your pets just like your mom or dad? :S

nid404

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2010, 12:33:06 pm »
You mean you love your pets just like your mom or dad? :S

Why does it come to you as a shock  :o :o ??  :-\ :-\

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2010, 12:37:09 pm »
Oh, well. Just that you are so sentimental.

Take it easy.

Offline Angel Of Love

• SF Farseer
  • loev <3 :D
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2010, 12:37:39 pm »
ya stylish it is obvious that when you are so attached to a thing or a person or maybe even your pet you definately love them and if they go away you would hardly have a second without remembering them. :) :)
@nid-how cool you had a pet?? :)?