Author Topic: The battle of the sexes!  (Read 16922 times)

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
Re: The battle of the sexes!
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 01:23:41 pm »
Silly basis.  :P That's so wrong. Women do accept defeat, men are just not worth it sometimes.  :P

Vhatever makes you happy sis :P
Nothing is worse than being surrounded by people and yet you still feel lonely

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 01:23:46 pm »
@Alpha:

That is a generalized statement. I do not consider any girl to be my enemy because she is a girl. Nor do I think any girl considers me as an enemy cause I am a guy. Any girl who hates guys or any guy who hates girls requires mental treatment. The atmosphere is of cooperation, not competition.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 01:35:52 pm by $tyli$h Executive »

Offline saifalan

• SF Master
  • Wht did I do to you that made you do this to me?
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 01:24:18 pm »
If you compare the ratio of male to female inventors, it would be something like 1:10. Women were not even allowed to sign cheques those days. They needed the signature of their husband or brother for that. God knows how many great minds were lost due to prejudice like this.

The prime minister of many countries are female like Bangladesh. If it were not for equal rights, they would be cooking silly meals for their husbands by now.

No nation or country can advance, depriving the right of half of its population.

I have to disagree about the leadership thing. Citing our country as an example is a bad idea. Them two bitches destroyed our country even before we could see a ray of success.
Why so seroisee ??

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, 01:25:14 pm »
The last post was directed to Alpha not Omer . :)

nid404

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2010, 02:29:00 pm »
I have to disagree about the leadership thing. Citing our country as an example is a bad idea. Them two b*tches destroyed our country even before we could see a ray of success.

Ouch!

I'm proud to say though that we have had quite a few women in our political history....they've done a good job and are still doin so

Offline saifalan

• SF Master
  • Wht did I do to you that made you do this to me?
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 02:32:25 pm »
Which country are u from ??
Why so seroisee ??

nid404

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2010, 02:35:12 pm »
India :)

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2010, 02:45:50 pm »
@saifalan

Its not that women are at fault for this. Like one of my mama is an MP. His associates are more dishonest. In case of BNP, it was mainly Tarek, not Khaleda Zia. And I support AL. ;)

Offline MTerdon

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, 04:03:47 pm »
YES.

While men and women are not the same, they should be given the same rights. I don't see why anyone should not be able to vote, work or study whatever he wishes.

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, 05:29:43 pm »
YES.

While men and women are not the same, they should be given the same rights. I don't see why anyone should not be able to vote, work or study whatever he wishes.

vote, okay, study okay, work, not all kinds of jobs, keep in mind that nobody will stop a woman from taking a maternity leave, and force her vacancy to remain for her until she comes, which can take ages
Nothing is worse than being surrounded by people and yet you still feel lonely

Alpha

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2010, 07:33:28 pm »
I got a new title, "sis", great.  :P 8)

Borakk, that was just a joke.  ;) Omer didn't really mean it (I suppose). Nor did I. Chill, there is nothing as such as competition.  :)

YES.

You agree first of all, they are not the same.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2010, 05:25:56 am »
its ok.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2010, 04:41:03 pm »
And no one can advance with both feet forward.

They will cooperate and advance, not compete as I pointed earlier.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2010, 03:58:45 pm »
Debate section is dead without ~Alpha ::) ::)  :( :( :-\ No more fun ::) ::)

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2010, 06:42:03 pm »
People lend me your ears :P

Well, firstly, I believe that women and men, are equal. Women cannot live without men and vice versa.

So, this is what I have to say:

Dramatic change was what the 21st century promised, and that is what we are getting. Ever since the 2nd world war, women took great joy in becoming independent and ruling themselves, freedom is what they chanted and that is what the world got(the 2nd world war gr8ly influenced the war)

Now, my comments, will be general, and this is because men are created in a different way and so are women. Science proves that, females have a general trend and so do males. Outliers will always exist regard of whether the person is male or female.

Now, my last experience with a woman in a profession was not the best one. She was a math teacher of mine, and she took leave, because she was pregnant, for 3 months. This was a very difficult time, the class had to cover 4 chapters without a proper teacher, the substitutes were not consistent.

Now if it was a man, it would not be the same. He could not take a leave, and I would not be in so much trouble. But dont think I take that personally, and I have a grudge against all the women teachers. NOT AT ALL. I believe that women have every right to work for the right reasons.

Now, when the teacher came back. She had to leave the child at a day care center. Now imagine a just-born without its mother. As much I felt angry that she had to leave, if felt sad for the baby, because it was not getting its mother. The bond between a child and a mother is precious, and this bond is almost always stonger than the bond between a father and his/her child. No matter, how many time a girl says, well "I love my daddy much more", she does so either because she has forgotten the pain that a mother goes through during child birth, or because often mothers are neglectful of their children.

Now lets come back to the topic at hand. Women often claim that there are horrible acts commited by their husbands, it is a violation of their rights. I agree 100%. But also, some women marry simply to gain her husband's possesions. Some torment their husbands by being overbearing. I believe one side can do just as much damage to the other.

Also about jobs, a woman cannot always come 365 days a year. They have many 'things' that are different, and so have to be treated differently. I know that coming 365 days is near to impossible, but men have a higher chance of being there.

Do I believe that women have right to a job? YES 100%. But this job cannot hinder time with her child. A child can live without a father, but it becomes practially impossible especiallt for young children to cope. Sure you can get a nurse bla bla bla. But does that come close to a mother raising her child? Not even close, the passion that a mother has to her child (generally), outmatch every other. Often practicalities come up, and in this case, it is a different issue completely. But not when you have the responsibility for a child.

Now, for pay, I think it depends on the situation, if the woman does not have any leaves, then there is no justification for not equal pay. If the woman can get a substitute equally good, then why not?

Now you must say that well, dont men have responsibilities towards their child, its not fair they get to sit in an office...

Here are the problems,

A man cannot provide milk to the child

If there is a mixed male/female environment, there is always a chance of cheating

No matter what people say, if a woman has raised a successful child, then society looks at her with pride, I honestly will say, that I could not have come as far as I have today without my mom. Sure my dad was there too. But my mother is on a whole new level.

Now you might say, there there will be circumstanes, well there will be and that is called life. It is not fair.

Because people are now opting to be whatever they want, you will se specially in the west, that the families in which the mother work, their children are affected far more by the environment, if that evironment is bad, then the child turns out bad.

Families are being torn apart because the wife wants to work, we need to remember, if the man was the person taking care of the child, then where would he get his advice from, teaching passes from mother to daughter, it may be something that is perfectly fine to hear, but I believe that a man simply would not be able to compete, change is good, but changing the way that families have worked for centuries, may be a bad idea.

And this is showing in europe and america, where families have children, and the children just do not become as successful as theur parents, because they did not get the guidance they needed. Yes a dad is a cruical part, but a mother is fundamental.

Now, you might say well, then if all i am going to be is a house wife, why study so hard??

Good question, the reason, being that people have challenges that they overcome, academic excellence often is very helpful when a mother teacher her child. It teaches not only the subject but a lot of things about life. Just because I think women have a greater duty towards their child does not mean that they cannot participate in discussions, debates, and many other topics. Women are needed in all sectors, but I am afraid that a child comes before all.

Bottom line: Man and women equal, but have different duties.

I would go into far more elaborate terms, like if a friend of a woman works, then they might feel degraded, they might feel 'inferior'.

But that is for another time

Last line: Broken the rule of this forum, by insulting another member's country
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:47:30 pm by $tyli$h Executive »