Author Topic: The battle of the sexes!  (Read 16830 times)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
The battle of the sexes!
« on: February 24, 2010, 10:58:09 am »
Should men and women have equal rights? If so, why or to what extent?

nid404

Re: The battle of the sexes!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 12:05:13 pm »
Oh I like this topic...
i'll be back for my next break with the points....cuz i have a phy paper tom...i gotta study....

Offline invader

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 09:26:46 pm »
women dont want sexual equality

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 12:46:47 am »
Battle of the sexes, this had Borakk name written all over it i knew it was him before i even read the author name  :D
well hmm, do i believe they should be equal? no, some things women should have more rights in and other things men should have more rights
p.s. what women demand as equality is basically women having an advantage on everything over men, so its not exactly equality :P
Nothing is worse than being surrounded by people and yet you still feel lonely

Offline saifalan

• SF Master
  • Wht did I do to you that made you do this to me?
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 05:50:34 am »
Agreed
Why so seroisee ??

nid404

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 06:02:50 am »
no omer...not always :P

I believe they should both be treated with dignity and respect. Freedom to speech, choice etc. should be common to both the sexes. Sometimes women are treated miserably and have no say whatsoever in certain matters. Women should be free to choose the man she wants to be with, irrespective or caste or creed. She should be able to voice her opinion and also confront men in arguments without any fear.

Offline saifalan

• SF Master
  • Wht did I do to you that made you do this to me?
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 06:58:30 am »
Yes agreeing twice as before, esp abt the discretion in choosing life partners.
Why so seroisee ??

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 11:47:49 am »
I think yes, men and women should have equal rights. Women should be able to work just as men in all occupations. Just think of the financial benifit. We employ several building designers and have to pay them high salary. However, if it were for women designers, it would have been possible to pay them much less. In the same way, a country's labour force substantially increases once women are allowed to work in occupations just as men. This brings more investment and more GDP, not to mention the unfoldment of possibilities for the country.

Women have a potential too. If this potential is exploited by giving them equal rights, it can bring prosperity for the country.

Also considering the family level, a family in which both men and women works is likely to be financially well off for obvious reasons.

nid404

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 12:25:54 pm »
Yes also working of women...I second that...but they should be paid equivalent to the work they do....or their output....if they r as good as the men, they should be paid equally well

Alpha

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 02:40:00 pm »
I did this debate thrice already.  :P Twice pro-equality and once, against.

And personally, I find 'against' a more realistic approach.

Women should have their rights, men as well. But to the point of equality, it just cannot be. Any ship would sink with two captains on board. Don't fool yourself with an idealistic world, it exists only in our mindset. Everything cannot be perfect. But it can only be 'good' to a certain degree.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 02:57:40 pm »
Yes also working of women...I second that...but they should be paid equivalent to the work they do....or their output....if they r as good as the men, they should be paid equally well

In most cases they are not. They usually have family commitments and other issues.

Its better if they are paid less. This means more profit and revenue for us. And pay should match productivity. Women are usually less productive.  I do not think that men are any superior, but this is the truth.

nid404

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 03:52:52 pm »
I think you've mistaken......do you want me to give you names of women who have outdone men in many fields...

Women may not be as productive in physical labor......but for work requiring only your thinking skills and qualifications, women are as good as men and most of the times better

Offline O.T.13.

• SF V.I.P
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 04:58:35 pm »
I did this debate thrice already.  :P Twice pro-equality and once, against.

And personally, I find 'against' a more realistic approach.

Women should have their rights, men as well. But to the point of equality, it just cannot be. Any ship would sink with two captains on board. Don't fool yourself with an idealistic world, it exists only in our mindset. Everything cannot be perfect. But it can only be 'good' to a certain degree.

:o
alpha takes my side again  ;D
Nothing is worse than being surrounded by people and yet you still feel lonely

Alpha

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 05:08:22 pm »
:o
alpha takes my side again  ;D

Goodness.  :o  :P :P

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 08:15:48 am »
@Nid

On a general level, there should be some differences over wages. Women often take more days off. They take pregnancy leaves and also maternal leaves. So this lower pay cannot exactly be called discrimination.

Women are not better than men as you claimed. It depends on training. A designer who is trained is more productive and efficient regardless of the gender. They are equal. I am for equality, but not to say than men are inferior like you claimed.

If women are paid wages lower than men for no reason, this is of course unfair and should not happen.