Author Topic: What I don't get  (Read 17002 times)

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
Re: What I don't get
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 08:14:40 am »
Seriously if we upgrade this forum and the interface , it will attract many members including the old ones. But this will never happen :-\

It can happen but it takes time. But to be honest I personally love the simple layout of this forum. I could never get used to the dusky layout of XtremePapers Forum. It feels like you are doing some kind of strenuous work while reading. It always stresses you out. But others may find it appealing.
There was a 'Students Resource' forum back in 2007-2009. Sadly it got shutdown due to financial problems of the owner and limited number of resources available at that site. But I loved the layout of that forum. It was extremely nice and ethereal. But the forum had a very limited number of users.
So my point is that it all depends on the resources and the members of the forum to keep it vivified. Layout matters the least.

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”

Amelia

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 05:45:10 pm »
Astar and EPG have been trying to improve the place since summer, fixing the matter with the bots, with FEP and doing some other technical stuff here as well. It's improving, but I dont know how long it will take to back to its thriving 'SF-self'.

But I suppose, as long as atleast one or two of us are still here trying to work things out, this place wont shut down..

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 06:45:21 pm »
It was so slow 4 hours back. I couldnt open a thread

Amelia

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 06:49:48 pm »
It's fine now, I think EPG was working on something.

Offline Most UniQue™

• Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 07:53:50 pm »
It's fine now, I think EPG was working on something.

Yes Perhaps

Alpha

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 02:52:01 am »
Seriously if we upgrade this forum and the interface , it will attract many members including the old ones. But this will never happen :-\

Agree with him. What we need is an update. Serious, dynamic one. Something that really sets us apart. We wouldn't have to bother about attracting new members then. The old ones themselves will be curious enough to check it out.

Novelty only is the synonym of technology.

Alpha

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 02:55:41 am »
And lol, this is evidence for my point... ;D

Because they like to walk.

How come people never get bored doing same things each and every day?

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 04:17:11 pm »
And lol, this is evidence for my point... ;D

LOL :D You're really good at digging... :P

“When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.”

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 10:08:24 am »
Agree with him. What we need is an update. Serious, dynamic one. Something that really sets us apart. We wouldn't have to bother about attracting new members then. The old ones themselves will be curious enough to check it out.

Novelty only is the synonym of technology.

In my opinion, even if the layout/interface of the forum is updated as you say, believe it or not, the old members aren't gonna stay here for more than a month! The forum will return to its partially-dead status again.

Amelia

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 03:27:11 pm »
We keep talking in circles, discussing the same things again and again. It is not going to get us a solution we 'really' do something. Some one should have a miracle idea...fast.

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 09:42:49 am »
By the way, why aren't you Mods removing all the SPAM threads from all the boards? No offense guys but why so lazy?  :-\

Amelia

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 08:58:51 pm »
I'm the only one who removes the spam threads at the end of the day, but only one and I don't have Harry Potter's Firebolt to sweep around here..

DrEvil, shall I get you back to your admin position and you can help around here better?

Offline DrEvil

• The Gifted One!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Love all, trust a few!
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2012, 01:40:47 pm »
I'm the only one who removes the spam threads at the end of the day, but only one and I don't have Harry Potter's Firebolt to sweep around here..

I understand the feeling.

DrEvil, shall I get you back to your admin position and you can help around here better?

Thanks for the offer but I don't know for how long I might be here so can't make any promises.

Alpha

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2012, 06:05:38 pm »
LOL :D You're really good at digging... :P

;D

In my opinion, even if the layout/interface of the forum is updated as you say, believe it or not, the old members aren't gonna stay here for more than a month! The forum will return to its partially-dead status again.

It might work as well once everybody creates that familiar feeling again. Don't speculate like that. It's dangerous. :P

We keep talking in circles, discussing the same things again and again. It is not going to get us a solution we 'really' do something. Some one should have a miracle idea...fast.

(Update, which the longer it takes to come, the more it'll get difficult and useless later.)

By the way, why aren't you Mods removing all the SPAM threads from all the boards? No offense guys but why so lazy?  :-\

E-x-a-m-s right now. We have maintained the position only cause there is no one to take over. But we have a life too. And you know, as you grow, your responsibilities and obligations grow as well. It's the time when you 'make' your life, build yourself a future, etc. Frankly speaking, it's not about being lazy. It's about knowing your priorities. Bots do not top the list. The blunt fact is that we've crossed the age when you are all excited about managing a forum.

Sorry guys, maybe that's harsh, but that is part of the real problem.

Thanks for the offer but I don't know for how long I might be here so can't make any promises.

I hear people think that loudly in the lounge. Me included.

See, he's saying "I have a life, you guys have none." :P :P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:08:51 pm by ~Alpha »

Amelia

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 06:59:48 am »
He disappeared for two days even before I put forth the suggestion. We let's see, if Astar can't find a way (which he did and now they are back again), I'm gonna have to promote someone to clean the forum  ::)