Author Topic: **Urgent help/advice NEEDED!**  (Read 3698 times)

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
Re: **Urgent help/advice NEEDED!**
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 09:12:54 am »
^That cleared out the doubts in my head. :D Thank you, awesomeness. <3

JazakAllah khair <3

Just one tiny question: My A-level grades won't affect my career, will it ? =S

No. Why, you ask? Because when insha ALLAH you emerge as a dentist, the hiring company or the like won't be interested in how you dd at A-Level Biology. It's like wondering if I know the English alphabets if I am J.K. Rowling :P It makes no sense to doubt one's capability at A-Level, because there are no primary subjects (language, culture/geography, basic Mathematics) involved and the subjects involved, or their value in your field are already proven in a much tougher, higher qualification. :) The only role your A-Levels had were university admission, and you cleared that; so you're good to go!
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 09:17:37 am »
No. Why, you ask? Because when insha ALLAH you emerge as a dentist, the hiring company or the like won't be interested in how you dd at A-Level Biology. It's like wondering if I know the English alphabets if I am J.K. Rowling :P It makes no sense to doubt one's capability at A-Level, because there are no primary subjects (language, culture/geography, basic Mathematics) involved and the subjects involved, or their value in your field are already proven in a much tougher, higher qualification. :) The only role your A-Levels had were university admission, and you cleared that; so you're good to go!

Ah, I was just wondering. :P

Anyways, thank you thank you thank you.  :-*

One burden off me. >_<
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline notReverend

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 11:14:18 am »
And notReverend, perhaps considering your strengths before rushing into a dilemma of which medical school to take would do you good. I am no one pick a career for you, but if you got the same grades twice, it's easy to assume that your strength may not lie in, say, medical. You probably want to shoot me for saying this when you're finally in university ::) But clear out any confusion in your head before proceeding forward. If medical IS what means the world to you, then go for it, give it all in your MCAT and be prepared to invest in a private medical college. If there's something else you actually wanna do, then it's trying to call you for a while now. :) Good luck!

Thanks a lot, pal! I appreciate any piece of advice, particularly now :D
To be honest, I still don't know what will happen, I might actually be accepted by a med school, or I might not. Becoming a doctor wasn't something my parents or anybody chose for me, it was an amazing idea that I couldn't get out of my head. I know how difficult it is to study medicine and everything, but this is certainly something that is right for me. What my problem is, exam phobia. And a major fear of failing. I remember when I was a little kid I used to have horrible nightmares of failing simple maths tests and whatnot, so I think something in my mind-frame had a role to play in my results. I still haven't gotten the blue paper with the provisional results, so for some reason I think the marks might actually be different. That's just the way I am, I guess  :-[
But thanks a lot, though. Just signing into this forum makes me feel better  ;D

Offline halosh92

• SF Senior Citizen
    • meticulous-me
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 02:04:44 pm »
MY DEAR
STOP WORRYING
TRUST ME I DID those exams
and no one gave a crap and no one will as long as u have a seat that is in uni..
everyday we wake up is a miracle, then how do we say miracles dont happen?????

Offline Dasith

• SF Senior Citizen
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 02:10:47 pm »
jus make sure u go to a gud & recognised uni then , & jus for da record most of da companies do check u r O/L & A/L results usually. To see if u are consistent , i mean if one fails A/l & then gets a Degree from some uni they might defenetly check the standerds & quality of the uni . So i guess u do da same ? wat uni r u going 2 go 2 anyway?
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. ;)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 06:24:20 am »
Just signing into this forum makes me feel better  ;D

Aw! How sweet! :D

MY DEAR
STOP WORRYING
TRUST ME I DID those exams
and no one gave a crap and no one will as long as u have a seat that is in uni..
Haha! Thanks! I am alright now, alhamdulillah! :D

jus make sure u go to a gud & recognised uni then , & jus for da record most of da companies do check u r O/L & A/L results usually. To see if u are consistent , i mean if one fails A/l & then gets a Degree from some uni they might defenetly check the standerds & quality of the uni . So i guess u do da same ? wat uni r u going 2 go 2 anyway?

Yeah yeah. . . .:P

I didn't fall below the minimum grade requirement so it's cool. :P

Some Uni. . . :P Dunno if you'll know. . . :P
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.