Author Topic: ~ Best Ways To Takecare Of Your Teeth ~ by your future Dentist =D  (Read 17631 times)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."

Why Healthy Teeth Are Important
How does taking care of your teeth help with all those things? Taking care of your teeth helps prevent plaque, which is a clear film of bacteria that sticks to your teeth.
After you eat, bacteria go crazy over the sugar on your teeth, like ants at a picnic. The bacteria break it down into acids that eat away tooth enamel, causing holes called cavities. Plaque also causes gingivitis, which is gum disease that can make your gums red, swollen, and sore.

If you don't take care of your teeth, cavities and unhealthy gums will make your mouth very, very sore. Eating meals will be difficult. And you won't feel like smiling so much.

*9 BEST WAYS:

1. Brush Regularly – The first and foremost thing a person should do is to Brush their teeth regularly. A normal count of 3 times per day would be good. i.e. Morning, After Meals and after dinner or before going to bed. Also, there are quite a few fluoride products that are available in market which you can use in the Night which helps in preventing cavities in the teeth. Make sure your toothbrush has soft bristles, which does not damage your enamel layer, or remove it away. Check how to brush your Teeth: http://www.drchetan.com/how-to-brush-your-teeth.html

2. Floss Regularly – This is also a nice and effective way of getting rid of any food particles from the surface of the teeth and the gaps between the teeth. They clean all the grooves of the teeth and prevent tooth decay. Any type of floss can be used for flossing. Read more about Dental Floss: http://www.drchetan.com/dental-floss.html

3. Use Fluoride Rinse method – There is a rinse available which helps in preventing decay of the tooth and also helps in Strengthening the outer enamel of the teeth. The hypersensitivity of the dentin layers also gets decreased due to rinse. Stannous fluoride dental rinse are available for this purpose.
Here is a technique for using a rinse – Brush and floss the teeth thoroughly before using the dental rinse. Measure 1/8 ounce into the mixing vial provided with the rinse; add water to the 1 fl. oz. mark and mix; use half of the measured dental rinse in the mouth and vigorously swish around and between the teeth for one minute, then spit out. This process has to be done once or twice a day. The dental rinse should not be swallowed, and 30 minutes before or after using rinse, no food should be taken in. If not taken in recommended amounts, a few side effects could occur.

4. Try to avoid Soda, and Cola like drinks. As the Cola drinks contain acids like Citric acid, and phosphoric acid. They slowly react with the teeth and dissolve them. These drinks have corrosive effect on the teeth.
You can have these soft drinks, which are originally hard, but just don’t become addicted to those kind of drinks.
*Milk, Water and Juices – These would be the best substitues for the Soft drinks. Milk also helps in promoting stronger jaw bones, and also strengthens teeth. Water is pure as always and does not contain Micro Organisms. And sometimes a few dentists say that Juice is as harmful as Cola, as it also contains organic acids.

5. Avoid chewing tobacco and smoking – This is one of the Major cause for tooth and complete oral tissue damage. The tobacco powder and its smoke causes stains on teeth and they weaken the teeth. chewing of tobacco can lead to discoloration of teeth and sometimes this tobacco is also responsible for the dangerous Oral Cancer. So, avoiding tobacco related products is the best.

6. Chewable gums – These are of 2 kinds, One which are specifically made to chew after meals and these help in cleaning of the teeth. And the other gums, are the sweet ones which increases sugar content and attract micro-organisms onto the teeth and they cause decay of the teeth. It would be better to decrease these kind of sweet gums.

7. Avoid Alcohol – There are several things that can occur when Alcohol is consumed, most are effects on the oral organs like Irritation of the gum, tongue and oral tissues; Poor healing after dental surgery; Increase in tooth decay; Increases risk toward periodontal (gum) disease.
Heavy drinkers have the risk of developing Cancer in mouth, and some other organs in the body.

8. Healthy Diet Consumption – Having proper and healthy food not only helps in maintaining fitness and getting a perfect body, but also helps in maintaining your oral structures very well. It helps in having mouth well-lubricated and taking extra care of your teeth and gums. You should always have water after intake of food, so temporary cleaning of teeth can be done.

1- Avoid snacking constantly. Snacking constantly can cause plaque to build up on your teeth, which can increase the risk of getting cavities.
2- Instead of reaching for the chocolate, nibble a bit of cheese as a snack. Cheese and milk are really good for keeping healthy teeth because they are alkaline. This counteracts the acids that eat away at your teeth.
3- Avoid sugary and/or sticky foods. Sugar feeds the bacteria in your mouth, which then excrete substances that break down tooth enamel.
Eat lots of vegetables, and drink water instead of soda or juice.

9. Visit a Dentist at least twice an year – There is no place where Dentists are not available. You have to go for an oral check up at least every 6 months, to check everything’s fine with your teeth and oral structures. A normal checkup doesn’t cost much, and is very helpful.
[/color]

source: http://kidshealth.org/kid/stay_healthy/body/teeth_care.html

http://www.drchetan.com/9-perfect-ways-to-keep-your-teeth-healthy.html

http://www.wikihow.com/Care-for-Your-Teeth

-Yer future dentist, IA! ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:25:54 am by Ang3l »
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline Tohru Kyo Sohma

• Destination Jannah
  • SF Master
  • :)
Re: ~ BEST WAYS TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR TEETH ~ by your future Dentist =D
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 09:48:46 am »
An interesting topic....thanks alot romeesa-chan
InshAllah you'll achieve your goal
May Allah help and guide you,Amen

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 09:53:50 am »
An interesting topic....thanks alot romeesa-chan
InshAllah you'll achieve your goal
May Allah help and guide you,Amen
Of course, my topics are always interesting. 8) [Kidding :P]
IA, Ameen. (:

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 03:22:53 pm »
Great information!

Thank you :D
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 03:54:56 pm »
Awww Romeesa mashAllah! You want to be a dentist? :D

That was a GREAT thread. +rep. =]

Also I wanted to ask about the teeth whitening? There is now in any pharmacy a teeth white which you can buy and apply on your teeth to make it white..it's not good yes?

I heard that the teeth which are a bit yellowish are stronger than the white ones. Is that true?

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 09:04:15 am »
~Thank you, Ang3l. :D

~Yes, Mony. I want to be, IA. :D

Disadvantages:
Although bleaching is very effective, there can be short term disadvantages, such as sore gums or teeth from the bleach. This disappears when bleach use is discontinued. Some individuals are more chemically sensitive. If you are one of them, inform your cosmetic dentist so that you can be tested for sensitivity to the solution.
Research indicates that bleaching is completely effective in more than 78% of people. In cases of serious teeth discoloration, bleaching may not be the best choice. Veneers or crowns may be the superior choice. Bleaching is usually the first solution to try due to its lower cost.
Some people experience discomfort from wearing the mouth tray. This typically goes away in short order, but if you suspect that there is a problem with the fit of your mouth tray, call your dentist's office. They can often make small adjustments that will minimize or eliminate the problem.

It has it's pros too! ;)

Check this: http://www.aboutcosmeticdentistry.com/procedures/teeth_whitening/pros_and_cons.html

Color has nothing to do with the strength of your teeth. Everyone's teeth has a natural tint to them, some are just more stained than others. Really super white teeth are either over bleached or extra fake.
Just make sure there are no cavities! :P

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 09:27:20 pm »
I watched that video yesterday :

http://www.ehow.com/video_8784149_9-tips-tip-top-teeth.html

I washed my teeth with baking powder today. :P

Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 09:30:58 pm »
I will watch it now! :D

Did it help? :D

I am gonna buy a book on Dentistry next week for my own reference, IA. Will post useful stuffs from it! ;D

EDIT: The link was cool. 8)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 09:46:58 pm by Romeesa-Chan »

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 10:28:25 pm »
Oil as mouth wash :o  :-X
I'll try it thought  ::) anything for better teeth

Chewing gum FTW :D

I'll stop using the mouth wash right now  >:(

Apple a day; following it  8)

The video is cool  ;D

Thanks for sharing
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 10:36:50 pm »
I will be trying the baking soda! :D

I usually have Extra gum after a meal! :D

Me Apple <3 :P

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 10:41:04 pm »
@Romeesa, yea I found the link very helpful. :D

And wow, you really interested in the topic of dentistry! I pray you success inshAllah and you get all your dreams true. =]

@Angel, LOOOOOL YES I went :O about the oil part. =/ I'll use olive oil though and see.

Baking powder is possible, apple and strawberries are also fine. I usually do the flossing and the gum part. :D

The video is real cool but the lady is not. ::)

Glad it helped. =]

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Malak

• Honorary Member
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 10:44:50 pm »
@Romeesa, yea I found the link very helpful. :D

And wow, you really interested in the topic of dentistry! I pray you success inshAllah and you get all your dreams true. =]

@Angel, LOOOOOL YES I went :O about the oil part. =/ I'll use olive oil though and see.

Baking powder is possible, apple and strawberries are also fine. I usually do the flossing and the gum part. :D

The video is real cool but the lady is not. ::)

Glad it helped. =]
I'll use Sesame oil cause there is a bottle in my home which is not in use and so its considered more like useless ::) I'll put it to some use :D

I'll try the baking powder as well :D

Haha, I know what you mean. Most video ladies are like that  ::)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 10:47:18 pm »
Yes, I am! Thank yuh, chere :-*
I am gonna try using olive oil too! ;D

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 09:30:21 am »
Home remedies for Teeth whitening:

• Strawberry paste is known for its teeth whitening effect. It has enzymes, which makes teeth bright and shiny. Crush some strawberries and make paste out of it, then apply this paste on toothbrush and brush your teeth. But after brushing with strawberry paste, brush your teeth with normal toothpaste. Continuous use of strawberries makes teeth look white and bright.

• Soda bicarbonate is another whitening agent which is known for its bleaching properties. It is easily available in every kitchen; apply it on the toothbrush to remove stains. Prolonged use of soda bicarbonate makes teeth white.

• Eating apple regularly removes yellow satins from teeth.

Home remedies for tooth ache:

• Ice pack is an excellent remedy for suppressing pain. Pack ice cube in some cotton cloth and then apply on affected tooth, it will take few minutes to calm down.

• Clove has analgesic properties. Apply clove oil or place clove near the affected tooth to reduce pain.

• Oregano has antibiotic properties. Apply oregano oil on the affected tooth to drain abscess. Hence after it will reduce pain.

• Pour few drops of vanilla extract on the tooth, in few minutes pain will reduce.

• Take pinch of turmeric powder and mix it with mustard oil, it acts as excellent remedy for toothache. This paste you can apply twice a week to reduce caries and other teeth problems.

Home remedies for Gum diseases:

• Vitamin C is effective in curing gum disease. Include oranges and Amla in your diet to get rid of Gingivitis. If condition is severe then take vitamin C tablets after the prescription of doctor.

• Gum massage with gum paints or gum oil increase the blood flow and helps in curing gum diseases.

• Warm saline rinses twice a day is effective in removing bacteria present in mouth.

Source =]

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 11:14:04 am »
Home remedies for Teeth whitening:

• Strawberry paste is known for its teeth whitening effect. It has enzymes, which makes teeth bright and shiny. Crush some strawberries and make paste out of it, then apply this paste on toothbrush and brush your teeth. But after brushing with strawberry paste, brush your teeth with normal toothpaste. Continuous use of strawberries makes teeth look white and bright.

• Soda bicarbonate is another whitening agent which is known for its bleaching properties. It is easily available in every kitchen; apply it on the toothbrush to remove stains. Prolonged use of soda bicarbonate makes teeth white.

• Eating apple regularly removes yellow satins from teeth.

NO WAYYY WOWWWWWWWWWWWW.

So the bicarbonate of soda is it just powder that you put on ur toothbrush? :S or on top of the toothpaste?
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]