Author Topic: SUICIDE <<  (Read 12547 times)

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
SUICIDE <<
« on: July 25, 2011, 11:32:05 pm »
Here..I'm showing the statistics of suicide based on religion, culture, etc...

Note that the following thread is NOT for any debate to occur between anyone or any groups. It's just knowledge that I feel like sharing.

Original file is attached below. =] Check page number 3.

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
Re: SUICIDE <<
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 11:35:24 pm »
Wow, nice. :o
Athiests highest suicide rate? :o
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 11:39:18 pm »
That is Serious :O

This reminds me ,the other day I was watching "The Doctors" and they talked about "Suicide" and the fact that 1 in 4 Americans commit Suicide and that a very big percentage of Americans suffer from Depression , you can see that in Movies ,you know how they take Pills for depression etc.

They also mentioned that there were some college students who are doing a campaign called "I care" to prevent people from committing Suicide.

From my experiences and friendships ,I now know that Suicide is mainly "A Person losing ALL Hope that is out there" , and if you are in such a situation or a loved one ,I suggest you find a cure for it as soon as possible and perhaps the least you could do is say "I care" with a Smile on your face ;)

GG =D
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 11:42:04 pm »
Wow, nice. :o
Athiests highest suicide rate? :o

LOL, yeah.

They end up getting really depressed. They don't really believe that there will be an after-life, so they do not have goals to keep them continue living and be patient for whatever trail they face.

Hmmm...This is what Allah said in the Quran : "But whosoever turns away from My Message, verily for him is a life narrowed down, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Judgment."

True happiness comes from following God's path. I always say it and will always repeat it. The stats proves it.

@GIGI, I watched that EPISODE! I saw it.

They said that every 15 mins, one person commits suicide in the west. I also heard about the 'I care' campaign.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:47:17 pm by SpongeBob-Mony »

Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Malak

• SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 11:52:15 pm »
^ OMG :o

I am glad Muslims are the least ones to commint sucide, its haram in our religion anyway
I cant even think of doing something like this, patience and tolerance is one of the things I have learned from my religion and from my elders

thanks for sharing
If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 11:53:46 pm »
Glad you did sis <3

Well Said Angel
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 11:55:26 pm »
^ OMG :o

I am glad Muslims are the least ones to commint sucide, its haram in our religion anyway
I cant even think of doing something like this, patience and tolerance is one of the things I have learned from my religion and from my elders

thanks for sharing

LOL yeah. There was this atheist guy who was arguing with me saying that Muslims are the most people to commit suicide and yes like NO. lol..then I found that link and told him this :

To Dan Danana >> You were not believing me when I said that people in USA and mostly non-Muslims commit suicide the most worldwide and you kept claiming that Muslims commit suicide, so NOW I got you ANOTHER PROOFS and evidence to what I was saying.

Please check this link, check the final page of the file >> http://www.iasp.info/pdf/p?apers/Bertolote.pdf

It's the suicide stats per religion and I would LOVE to guide you to the stats of Islam which is 0.1 percent. =] The a above article was written NOT BY A MUSLIM, NOT BY AN ARAB, NOT BY SOMEONE FROM THE MIDDLE EAST BUT by a professors from Switzerland who are NOT Muslims, who are NOT Arabs and who are NOT from the Middle East. =]

He didn't reply. lol. ::)

And yea, Islam teaches us tolerance and patience, also Islam tells us to always expect trials and take it as a test from God! :D

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 11:57:03 pm »
This is sad. After life is the main thing to look foward to.
(:
Agreed. Even a smile helps. :)

I hope the Muslim suicide rate falls to zero.

Mony: Nice one. 8)

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 12:01:26 am »
This is sad. After life is the main thing to look foward to.
(:
Agreed. Even a smile helps. :)

I hope the Muslim suicide rate falls to zero.

Mony: Nice one. 8)

That guy kept saying I'm just being biased and I'm sending him biased links written by Arabs and Muslims.

So I finally sent him this link which was NOT written by anyone from the Middle East or any Muslim.

After-life is the >>>>>>>>>>>>> GOAL. Without it..idk what else we would be looking forward to.

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 12:06:47 am »
That guy kept saying I'm just being biased and I'm sending him biased links written by Arabs and Muslims.

So I finally sent him this link which was NOT written by anyone from the Middle East or any Muslim.

After-life is the >>>>>>>>>>>>> GOAL. Without it..idk what else we would be looking forward to.
What a paka. :P
'him not replying' signified enough of yer victory! :P
True. (: Our MAIN aim in life.

Offline Malak

• SF Farseer
  • A warm smile is the universal language of kindness
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 12:07:33 am »
Okay, it took me like 10 mins to find this :P

I think this should be posted here :D

A wise man saw someone crying next to a grave so he asked him "What makes you cry?" The main replied "I cry on a loved one who has left me because of death." The wise man said "Your mistake is that you loved someone who will certainly leave at the end but if had loved Allah the alive who never dies, he would have never left you."

Live every second like it's your last one. Forget, ignore, stop worrying, smile and MOVE ON! Life is shorter than we can ever imagine.

If you are a man who degrades women then allow me to respectfully remind you that you came from ONE

Reminder to myself: Stop worrying and start working

SF magazine 2012 - Download here

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 01:20:53 am »
Not surprised! An atheist has never won a debate with any religious scholar. They're often frustrated within themselves because they can't find the answer to their "quagmire" if God exists or not. Due to this, most often they become Agnostics.

Also, the notion that "most intellectuals and scientists are atheists" has not been proven by any means till date.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 01:29:48 am »
Not surprised! An atheist has never won a debate with any religious scholar. They're often frustrated within themselves because they can't find the answer to their "quagmire" if God exists or not. Due to this, most often they become Agnostics.

Also, the notion that "most intellectuals and scientists are atheists" has not been proven by any means till date.
I agree. (:

Angel: Nice quote. :P

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 07:26:53 am »
I always knew that atheists were most prone to suicide, but now I have statistical data =D Thanks Mony, it's useful and insightful! It's true, people commit suicide because of loss of purpose, or the belief that no one cares for them anymore or they do not matter. Religion in general gives a purpose to cling onto and also a hope that if no one, then God cares. Here's an ayat from the Qura'n I remember in context, though there may be better references to quote but here it goes:
"When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way." (Surah Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #186)

Also, on a not so serious note, anyone notice that ladies are less likely to commit suicide than men? ::) Though then I also notice that the total number of deaths are less than the male-female ratio. I might just need to upgrade my understanding of bar charts, maybe xD
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline Banana

• Global Moderator
  • SF Master
  • The Dancin' Banana
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 08:43:32 am »
Alhamdulillah I am a Muslim....and let's pray that Muslims remain steadfast and patient  :)

Thanks Mony, for sharing  :)
Save Mars...it's the only habitable planet that doesn't have schools ;D