Author Topic: Facebook is a curse or a blessing ?  (Read 4874 times)

Offline Arthur Bon Zavi

• |Sun of Tomorrow... =]|
  • SF V.I.P
  • Fiducia in questo uomo ciecamente.
Re: Facebook is a curse or a blessing ?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 01:16:23 pm »
A piffle.

Continuous efforts matter more than the outcome.
- NU

Offline Shoshou..Mony

• Retired Admin~!
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • I WILL make a change inshAllah. =]
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 01:59:15 pm »
A piffle.

Mind stating why you think that? =]

Sometimes, ALLAH breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, ALLAH allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, ALLAH sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, ALLAH takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything HE gave us.

When Allah leads you to the edge of difficulty... either ALLAH will catch you when you fall or ALLAH will teach you how to fly! =]

Please make them strong ya Allah...

Romeesa-chan...<3

Offline Ehram

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 03:37:16 pm »
Anyone reckon they'll leave FaceBook for Google+? I'd love to leave FaceBook for something else but it's getting all the people you know on FaceBook to do the same thing...also I'm not sure how comfortable I fel about Google having access to/tracking/running/hosting (whatever) to my email, searches and social network.

Offline Locke Lamora

• SF Master
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 11:28:11 pm »
It all ended with what crooky said...

Offline Banana

• Global Moderator
  • SF Master
  • The Dancin' Banana
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 07:16:00 pm »
Come on people! Choice??! Such choice may be 'apparently' beneficial, but out of all those millions of users who use Facebook for 'choice'? This is an outrage.

Just think for a minute, how long does each user typically spend on Facebook when he logs on? At least 5 minutes. And I said 'at least'. There are millions who are stuck on it for literally hours and hours. Does this have anything to do with freedom of speech? Can you argue that posting updates and slogans is a matter of choice? And how many people who post such things actually get what they want?

As for the updates idea, people change their status all too regularly. Why do we all need to read throught people's troubles and where they are now and then? Do you have to know that somebody is at the airport or on a plane...? And don't forget not everyone you talk to on Facebook is 'known'. Too many 'friends' are just added for fun...and to increase the number of friends  ::)

So is Facebook a friend or foe? Well, nobody can decide. It may seem like a benefit to some while a time waste and stalking arena for others. Well I'm neutral though it seems contradicting...
Save Mars...it's the only habitable planet that doesn't have schools ;D