Author Topic: France to enforce Muslim veil ban from April  (Read 14879 times)

Re: France to enforce Muslim veil ban from April
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2011, 12:13:54 am »
I am not an expert on the quran but I do know you can find justification in the bible for just about anything you want to do no matter how insane. Iis the quarn consistent throughout or does it say in different pages anything which might be thought a contradiction?
There is justification for every thing in Quran as well. If you are not comfortable with Bible then don't ever pick Quran as they are so same in content.

You will see a lot of contradiction in Quran if you read it without any guide or knowledge. For example in one verse it is permissible to drink alcohol as long as it does not disrupt your prayers but in Medina God reveals to Muhammed that alcohol is forbidden in every way.

I forgot the name though for these verses which should not be obeyed to. 

Offline minicooper

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2011, 12:02:27 pm »
Jews and Christians are considered as 'people of the book'. They believe in the same God as we Muslims do, but the scriptures revealed to them were different.

Disagree. How can one God have conflicting laws and views and personality?

For example in one verse it is permissible to drink alcohol as long as it does not disrupt your prayers but in Medina God reveals to Muhammed that alcohol is forbidden in every way.

Apparently its called the doctrine of abrogation.

Read the Quraan & The hadiths, everything is clear.
Have read parts of it. Not any more enlightened though. :)

I am not an expert on the quran but I do know you can find justification in the bible for just about anything you want to do no matter how insane.

Um, like what? I bet you can do the same for the Constitution if you interpret it 'properly'.

Disclaimer: This is not at all an attempt to start a religious debate. Just commenting on other people's comments. So don't ban me. :)

You cannot do it by yourself. Dial B-I-B-L-E for help.

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2011, 03:16:05 pm »
There is justification for every thing in Quran as well. If you are not comfortable with Bible then don't ever pick Quran as they are so same in content.

You will see a lot of contradiction in Quran if you read it without any guide or knowledge. For example in one verse it is permissible to drink alcohol as long as it does not disrupt your prayers but in Medina God reveals to Muhammed that alcohol is forbidden in every way.

May Allah guide you all.
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2011, 03:19:00 pm »
@monicooper: do you seriously believe the bible hasn't been changed?

You should listen to talks by Zakir Naik- he'll clear any confusion you have inshaAllah.
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Amelia

« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2011, 06:10:11 pm »

I assume that you are a Muslim. It shouldn't be hard for you to provide evidence from the Holy Book, right?

Where is the verse in the quran where it was said that it's "permissible" to drink alcohol?

It is stated in the Qur’ân: “They ask you regarding wine and gambling. Say, in both of them is major sin, and there is some benefit for men, but the sin of them is far greater than benefit. ”
 (Surah Baqarah)

Do you see the words "major sin"? Fine still, no direct order was given to stop consuming alcohol.

Second step: “O Believers’ do not approach Salâh while intoxicated.” (Surah Nisaa)

Reason:- There was an incident during which the companions of the prophet prayed while they were drunk. Including the Imam, and he had many errors while reciting Surahs during the prayer.

Finally, to stop confusion Prophet (saw) prayed to God: “O Allah! Grant us a clear cut for regarding alcohol.”

In response to this the 3rd and 4th verses concerning the complete prohibition of alcohol, were revealed as part of Surah Ma’idah:

"O you who believe! Intoxicants, gambling, idolatry and arrows (for seeking help on decision) one an abomination of order that you may be successful.
Shaytan seeks only to cast amongst you enmity and hatred by means of strong drink and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah and from his worship, will you then not refrain? ”

(Surah Ma’idah 90)

Allah in his wisdom; firstly disclosed the evils in alcohol, then prohibited it at Salâh times and finally declared it absolutely Haraam. Do the verses contradict each other? It was never said it's okay to consume Alcohol. Only human mentality.

Amelia

« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2011, 06:31:57 pm »
Disagree. How can one God have conflicting laws and views and personality?

What do the Tourah, Ingeel and Quran tell us?

What messages did Prophet Moses(saw), Prophet Jesus(saw) and Prophet Muhammed (saw) (messenger for entire mankind and seal of the prophets) carried to their people?

SUBMISSION TO THE WILL OF ONE GOD!

God has no conflicts in laws and personality. It's the humans themselves, who change and adopt their own methods. Quran; is the only reveled book that hasn't been changed or re-written over time. 

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2011, 09:53:47 pm »
To the original post:

Seems like the French have some seriously distorted vision of the world. Like stated before, this is a discriminatory act and should not be passed. Wearing a veil in public harms no one, if it's about revealing one's features to the other people you're with being a right of everyone in a crowd, then make-up and sunglasses (as well as maybe other accessories that alter/hide the face) in public must also be banned. Like a poster pointed out, if it's about a criminal insignia then anyone dressing like Jason Bourne or James Bond should also be deported.

Someone also said that since France is a sovereign state, it has every right to pass any law. Of course it does; since my father is the earning person of my family, and I don't earn, he has every right to tell me to get the hell out of his place. But here, terms like 'human rights' emerge which prevents people in power from being unfair to those who do not have power. There may be immigrants to France a generation back, but now that generation has produced a new line of people, French people, who may not even know their mother tongue and are just French. They're not North African anymore in terms of culture and nationality--just imagine Black people living in the United States for ages being sent to Africa because in some alternate universe, all terrorists are Black. Yes, ridiculous. Muslims should immigrate in times of testing to places where they can better follow their beliefs, and French women who feel strongly about hijab should immigrate, imo. However, it in no way justifies the French government's attempts to undermine our culture and religion. Those women are now French women, not outsiders. Don't grant visas if you can't have foreign blood in your citizens.
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2011, 10:37:34 pm »
My personal space should not be violated by any law, made by soverign state even  if it is France.

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2011, 12:19:00 am »
x
Of course in literal definition of contradiction it is. Before it was a major sin but not totally banned but later on it was completely forbidden.

And i am not criticizing Quran By the way, I adore it's evolutionary way of presenting verses.

Offline minicooper

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2011, 08:02:39 am »
What do the Tourah, Ingeel and Quran tell us?

What messages did Prophet Moses(saw), Prophet Jesus(saw) and Prophet Muhammed (saw) (messenger for entire mankind and seal of the prophets) carried to their people?

SUBMISSION TO THE WILL OF ONE GOD!

God has no conflicts in laws and personality. It's the humans themselves, who change and adopt their own methods. Quran; is the only reveled book that hasn't been changed or re-written over time.

Hey, sorry. Can't reply to that becuase I may be banned again if I menion my opinion. Care for a PM?
You cannot do it by yourself. Dial B-I-B-L-E for help.

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2011, 06:29:31 pm »
Hey, sorry. Can't reply to that becuase I may be banned again if I menion my opinion. Care for a PM?
Send the PM to me too please?