Author Topic: France to enforce Muslim veil ban from April  (Read 15171 times)

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
Re: France to enforce Muslim veil ban from April
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2011, 12:16:13 pm »
And how will they enforce a ban on tourists wearing the veil, or is that not against the law?

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2011, 12:18:32 pm »
And how will they enforce a ban on tourists wearing the veil, or is that not against the law?

Ahhh, didn't think of that.

But I'm sure it's against the law for tourists to aswell, maybe they wont let them pass the airport of they refuse to take their veil off.
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline minicooper

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2011, 01:09:52 pm »
Underneath a veil muslim girls are every bit as girly as any other girl, and work harder than western girls too.

Not to be too generalistic, but I think almost any nationality in the world works harder than the westerners. :)

They are not banning priests robes or nuns habits, crosses, cricifixes or anything christian.
Meanwhile in Iran a convert to christianity is to be executed for abandoning islam.

Never heard of a full face-covering nun habit though.
You cannot do it by yourself. Dial B-I-B-L-E for help.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2011, 01:56:12 pm »
It's quite Sad to be honest. But These kind of things are Reminders that make me Thank god for the Things I have =] Allahoma laka Alhamd <3

I have a friend 'a Non Muslim' and She keeps telling me gosh "it's SO HOT I'm boiling HERE. How can you survive under what you're wearing ?! " { Gulf countries are ACTUALLY deserts  ::) } .. The ONLY thing I end up saying is 'It's fine with me =] ' , because I'd rather Boil under this Sun than burn in the fire of Hell.

So I wish Allah fills these ladies' hearts with Patience and let them Endure it because it's Worth it , Wallah the Hijab is a Gift from Allah that is ESPECIALLY made for the Ladies :)

Alhmadulilah <3
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:00:08 pm by ~The Golden Girl~ »
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2011, 02:58:22 pm »
Young people in the west do not work hard. There is work in the fields picket fruit which pays £300 a week but most young people here think it is beneath them and don't do it. They would rather be unemployed and live on benefits.

Offline minicooper

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2011, 03:11:15 pm »
Insert Quote
Young people in the west do not work hard. There is work in the fields picket fruit which pays £300 a week but most young people here think it is beneath them and don't do it. They would rather be unemployed and live on benefits.

Precisely my point. But I'm not one to speak since I am not in the unfortunate position of either picking fruit or living on benefits.

I'd rather Boil under this Sun than burn in the fire of Hell.

Does your chances for getting to heaven differ with the type of veil you wear? Do women who don't cover their whole faces go to hell most definitely?

Disclaimer: This is not a debate, just a question.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2011, 04:02:32 pm »
the Hijab is a Gift from Allah that is ESPECIALLY made for the Ladies :)

Seconded. 8)
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Amelia

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2011, 05:24:55 pm »
Precisely my point. But I'm not one to speak since I am not in the unfortunate position of either picking fruit or living on benefits.

Does your chances for getting to heaven differ with the type of veil you wear? Do women who don't cover their whole faces go to hell most definitely?

Disclaimer: This is not a debate, just a question.

Hijab/veil is meant to hide a woman's beauty and charm. The 'way' she covers herself is definitely taken into consideration. A lady completely cloaked walks hand in hand with a namehram man (stranger; no blood relative); her point of hijab is lost. If a girl wears a head scarf to enhance her beauty (suppose by letting the bangs out or making a 'camel-hump' out of her hair) than that's not hijab. They are sinning, not pleasing their lord.

This is what the Quran says:-

Surah An-Nur, Verses 30 and 31

'And Say to the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bossoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim women) (i.e. sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful'

But the law takes into account the real-life situations. There are several cases where a woman is compelled to reveal her face like while taking passport photographs, during marriage, giving evidence in court, or when a country like France take drastic actions. If veiling of the faces cause inconvenience, the women are excused.

To answer the latter part; we can never say who is going to hell 'most definitely', it's only unto Allah to judge people and give them their right position after death.

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2011, 07:55:32 pm »
Hijab/veil is meant to hide a woman's beauty and charm. The 'way' she covers herself is definitely taken into consideration. A lady completely cloaked walks hand in hand with a namehram man (stranger; no blood relative); her point of hijab is lost. If a girl wears a head scarf to enhance her beauty (suppose by letting the bangs out or making a 'camel-hump' out of her hair) than that's not hijab. They are sinning, not pleasing their lord.

This is what the Quran says:-

Surah An-Nur, Verses 30 and 31

'And Say to the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bossoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim women) (i.e. sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful'

But the law takes into account the real-life situations. There are several cases where a woman is compelled to reveal her face like while taking passport photographs, during marriage, giving evidence in court, or when a country like France take drastic actions. If veiling of the faces cause inconvenience, the women are excused.

To answer the latter part; we can never say who is going to hell 'most definitely', it's only unto Allah to judge people and give them their right position after death.

Spot on! ;)
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline minicooper

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2011, 08:03:10 pm »
Thanks for the info. Didn't realise the Quran was so clear on it.

That in brackets, is it interpretation?

Why do some Muslim groups not cover the whole face? Many of the Muslims in my country don't cover their entire faces.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2011, 08:25:41 pm »
I am not an expert on the quran but I do know you can find justification in the bible for just about anything you want to do no matter how insane. Iis the quarn consistent throughout or does it say in different pages anything which might be thought a contradiction?

Amelia

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2011, 08:48:40 pm »

Why do some Muslim groups not cover the whole face? Many of the Muslims in my country don't cover their entire faces.

Explanation, not interpretation.

Things have changed over time.  People look for ease and comfort while still remaining inside the border line of modesty.

I dont do Niqaab (full-face cover), myself.

I am not an expert on the quran but I do know you can find justification in the bible for just about anything you want to do no matter how insane. Iis the quarn consistent throughout or does it say in different pages anything which might be thought a contradiction?

Quran is a miracle. It is the answer to every freaking question.

Jews and Christians are considered as 'people of the book'. They believe in the same God as we Muslims do, but the scriptures revealed to them were different.

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2011, 08:57:51 pm »

No contradiction. Read it, just a part of it. You may learn something new :)

No, the bracket is just to make it even more clear.

Because lots of people do lots of things. Which is why we say, don't judge Islaam by the Muslims. Read the Quraan & The hadiths, everything is clear.

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2011, 09:30:45 pm »
I read part of it. The start of it is just like reading nietsche. I will read some of it tonight so I can argue with you tomorrow.

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2011, 09:51:21 pm »
I read part of it. The start of it is just like reading nietsche. I will read some of it tonight so I can argue with you tomorrow.

hahahahaha. ok :)