Author Topic: France to enforce Muslim veil ban from April  (Read 15147 times)

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
  • "Be the person you want to meet."
Re: France to enforce Muslim veil ban from April
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2011, 05:42:48 pm »
Yes. The police must know.
The law is the law and a statement is a statement.

Which is why you didn't get arrested ... :P
Download SF Magazine 2012 here.

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2011, 06:02:58 pm »
maybe. the police should enoforce the LAW and nothing else like mindless robots.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2011, 06:06:41 pm »
maybe. the police should enoforce the LAW and nothing else like mindless robots.
Perhaps that's how they were trained ... ::) Mindless robots.

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2011, 06:41:45 pm »
France can do what ever they want. They can burn the Quran or mosque for all i care. It's a sovereign nation and has every right to do so.

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2011, 07:03:12 pm »
France can do what ever they want. They can burn the Quran or mosque for all i care. It's a sovereign nation and has every right to do so.

Where is the freedom gone now ?

Those women who choose to wear the niqab have to pay for their liberty ? ::)

It's racist, discriminating, and unnecessary.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:05:27 pm by Romeesa-Chan »

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2011, 08:10:59 pm »

Of course- you wouldn't care. You don't live there, you're not affected by their new laws, you're not a lady that's being discriminated against. So no, just don't care. because it's coool y'know.

And just so you know, the least a person could do, is care.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:13:36 pm by Aminotransferases »
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2011, 08:12:53 pm »

The least a person could do, is care.
Seconded.

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2011, 08:37:39 pm »
Of course- you wouldn't care. You don't live there, you're not affected by their new laws, you're not a lady that's being discriminated against. So no, just don't care. because it's coool y'know.

And just so you know, the least a person could do, is care.

My friend, if Muslims are so unhappy with France they can all migrate to some other place. Fact is, they would continue to live in France because it guarantees them a stable future with a clean and secure environment which their country of origin didn't assure them of.
Saudi Arabia makes hijab obligatory ~ all Non-Muslims are required to wear it
France bans not just Hijab but literally all religious symbols in public sphere.

Do you see any similarity there?

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2011, 09:13:54 pm »
My friend, if Muslims are so unhappy with France they can all migrate to some other place. Fact is, they would continue to live in France because it guarantees them a stable future with a clean and secure environment which their country of origin didn't assure them of.
Saudi Arabia makes hijab obligatory ~ all Non-Muslims are required to wear it
France bans not just Hijab but literally all religious symbols in public sphere.

Do you see any similarity there?

Erh- no they can't. why can't they? because they're FRENCH. where are they going to go? That's their country.

And in Saudi, they don't dish out passports, so if someone doesn't want to cover, they can leave because saudi isn't their country.

So no- no similarity, I'm afraid.

But it's not about that- you spoke abut caring.

at LEAST you could care.
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline astarmathsandphysics

• SF Overlord
  • Free the exam papers!
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2011, 07:15:23 am »
Saying you can leave if you do not like it is like saying there should be worldwide segregation of races, with no two people living together who do not agree on everything.

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2011, 10:38:24 am »
Saying you can leave if you do not like it is like saying there should be worldwide segregation of races, with no two people living together who do not agree on everything.

Exactly.

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2011, 11:39:26 am »
Haha, man I find it so damn funny. I mean, I am wearing the veil, I want to cover, my choice. Am I going around shouting--hey, you there, you see me, you loser, you have to do this, okay? LOL...what the heck, my life, my choice. I mean the least I am doing is harming someone. Now just because there are people who are actually criminals and use this to their advantage, they are going to ban it? Don't you see criminals wearing 'smart' clothes, with a 'smart' attitude... course you do. But do you ban smartness (Imagine which 'code of article' would that be :P). Point is, banning the veil is no solution. You call yourself a liberal nation, with liberal ideas, let us follow our religion. I love to hear vows of the modern world...how 'modern' it is.

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2011, 12:46:11 pm »
Haha, man I find it so damn funny. I mean, I am wearing the veil, I want to cover, my choice. Am I going around shouting--hey, you there, you see me, you loser, you have to do this, okay? LOL...what the heck, my life, my choice. I mean the least I am doing is harming someone. Now just because there are people who are actually criminals and use this to their advantage, they are going to ban it? Don't you see criminals wearing 'smart' clothes, with a 'smart' attitude... course you do. But do you ban smartness (Imagine which 'code of article' would that be :P). Point is, banning the veil is no solution. You call yourself a liberal nation, with liberal ideas, let us follow our religion. I love to hear vows of the modern world...how 'modern' it is.

You're not harming anyone wearing the veil :P

Offline Romeesa-Chan

• Chère
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2011, 03:47:58 pm »
Agreed.

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2011, 06:18:23 pm »
Erh- no they can't. why can't they? because they're FRENCH. where are they going to go? That's their country.

And in Saudi, they don't dish out passports, so if someone doesn't want to cover, they can leave because saudi isn't their country.

So no- no similarity, I'm afraid.

But it's not about that- you spoke abut caring.

at LEAST you could care.
Almost all of the veil wearing women in France come from North Africa. Like i said they can move to England or Sweden where there is freedom. If you are French you will have to obey what the French constitution says. And it's not even a discrimination against Islam, this ban covers all the religions.
I would care and i would certainly even rebel should it happen in MY country