Author Topic: Should divorce be legal?  (Read 33950 times)

Offline Master_Key

• SF Master
Re: Should divorce be legal?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 02:43:53 pm »
The end of a life, not of the debate.  ;)

Apparently True.  8)

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 05:15:18 pm »
*Ahem*

Okay, so if my hypothetical husband is "worthless", as a dutiful and responsible wife, it's part of my role to transform him into a worthy person.

Typical response from someone who watches too many hindi telefilms/soap operas. ::) :P

Its not as easy as it seems. ;)

And about the extramarital affair, I'll just kill off the other woman, and call it "self defence" in court.   

You'll get a long jail sentence/get an execution sentence. Result: You lose your hubby. :P

Wouldn't it be better if you just legally divorced him without getting into all these hassle? ::)

To your common language: you know when a man divorces a woman, both get half of the property and everything else. How many times are you going to divorce and remarry? You will be a pauper by the end of your 50's due to "flexibility".

By the word 'flexibility', I do not mean to say that you are free to divorce as you wish. What I mean is it allows you to leave your partner if he is not fit. (eg. extramarital affair :P )

Alpha

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 06:09:03 pm »
Typical response from someone who watches too many hindi telefilms/soap operas. ::) :P

Lol. ::)

On the contrary, were it up to me, I would have completely banned those gossip-box-type soap operas and charged the directors with capital punishment.  :P

Its not as easy as it seems. ;)

And that is supposed to make me retract?  ;)

You'll get a long jail sentence/get an execution sentence. Result: You lose your hubby. :P

Wouldn't it be better if you just legally divorced him without getting into all these hassle? ::)

"Self-defence". I'm a rational criminal.   8) ::)

By the word 'flexibility', I do not mean to say that you are free to divorce as you wish. What I mean is it allows you to leave your partner if he is not fit. (eg. extramarital affair :P )

You are constantly using the same dart.  :P
I asked something too, in return.  :P
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 06:10:59 pm by ~Alpha »

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 09:54:35 am »
Lol. ::)

On the contrary, were it up to me, I would have completely banned those gossip-box-type soap operas and charged the directors with capital punishment.  :P

And would regret later on. :P

And that is supposed to make me retract? 

It will. :P

Words are easy.

"Self-defence". I'm a rational criminal.   

The court won't recognise it that way.

You're jealous. :P

You are constantly using the same dart. 
I asked something too, in return. 

About the property, you can always appeal on court about the harm your wiffey has done to you, so that the alimony gets lesser.

Alpha

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 10:04:16 am »
And would regret later on. :P

No, I don't have so much time now.  :P

It will. :P

Words are easy.

It's you who says.  ::)

The court won't recognise it that way.

You're jealous. :P

The court commutes a sentence made in self-defence.

Jealous? And of what:P
Rather, protective.

About the property, you can always appeal on court about the harm your wiffey has done to you, so that the alimony gets lesser.

Same about my sentence.  ::)

What if it's you who's harmed her?

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 10:11:27 am »
The court commutes a sentence made in self-defence.

Your hubby will have a better case  and thus, has a higher chance of getting you in jail. :P By putting you in a murder case of his to-be wife. Because it is abnormal that the wife will murder the woman her husband has an affair with. :P Divorce is a better recognized solution.

Jealous? And of what? 
Rather, protective.

If you really, love :P , your precious future hubby, you will want his good. He will feel better if he is married with the woman he has an affair with, rather than you. ::) If you, after all, love him, how can you be so cruel so as to kill the other woman and cause him grief? Jealousy. :P

What if it's you who's harmed her?

Depends on whether she is interested in filing a case against me. :P

Alpha

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 10:27:54 am »
Your hubby will have a better case  and thus, has a higher chance of getting you in jail. :P By putting you in a murder case of his to-be wife. Because it is abnormal that the wife will murder the woman her husband has an affair with. :P Divorce is a better recognized solution.

But it is very likely that a concubine would want to get rid of her lover's wife. I won't have a weak case either. Believe me.  :P

If you really, love :P , your precious future hubby, you will want his good. He will feel better if he is married with the woman he has an affair with, rather than you. ::) If you, after all, love him, how can you be so cruel so as to kill the other woman and cause him grief? Jealousy. :P

Okay, if he will be happier with someone else, then I would let go. :)

Depends on whether she is interested in filing a case against me. :P

Why wouldn't she, if you harm her? :P

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 10:32:10 am »
Okay, if he will be happier with someone else, then I would let go. :)

Now you're back on track. :P :P

Why wouldn't she, if you harm her?

Trust me, SHE wouldn't. :P

Alpha

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2010, 10:36:54 am »
Now you're back on track. :P :P

Yeah, and I would have wasted my life. :)

Trust me, SHE wouldn't. :P

I'm amazed. :P
How can you be so sure?  :P It depends on her, not you.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 10:38:30 am »
I'm amazed. :P
How can you be so sure?  :P It depends on her, not you.

Okay, I "harm" her. Give me some examples on how could I possibly? (Leaving out physical punishment)

Alpha

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 12:29:22 pm »
Okay, I "harm" her. Give me some examples on how could I possibly? (Leaving out physical punishment)

Physical abuse should be taken into account too. Who knows.   ;)

Ok, so if you're having an extramarital affair, you can be charged for emotional harassment, infidelity, promiscuity, you're not trust-worthy, irresponsibility, etc.  ::)

You can be planning her murder. You can have her made handicapped. You can damage her organs. You can drive her mad/ blind/ dumb/ paralyzed. So many ways to harm.  :P

Offline Master_Key

• SF Master
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2010, 01:49:21 pm »
Physical abuse should be taken into account too. Who knows.   ;)

Ok, so if you're having an extramarital affair, you can be charged for emotional harassment, infidelity, promiscuity, you're not trust-worthy, irresponsibility, etc.  ::)

You can be planning her murder. You can have her made handicapped. You can damage her organs. You can drive her mad/ blind/ dumb/ paralyzed. So many ways to harm.  :P

Make these to do from someone, then use lawyer if you are in court. So many ways to sneak off through police. :P

***exam***

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2010, 02:05:00 pm »
oops to much to read ! so might just put in my opinion :P

obv it shld be legal ! divorce is equal to freedom of speech ! wld u have any1z freedom of speech taken away !
same way  freedom or choosing the partner or leaving the partner cnt be taken away

n supp divorces were nt allowed   ppl wld just stay separately !  n later may b one or the partner becomes revengeful n files a case 4 taking away stuff frm the other then who is to be blamed
or if a person chooses some other partner later in life  n wants to marry him/her it wld b illegal then !

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2010, 05:29:51 pm »
Ok, so if you're having an extramarital affair, .........

Ewwwwwww! :P ::)

Make these to do from someone, then use lawyer if you are in court. So many ways to sneak off through police.

Exactly. ;D

or if a person chooses some other partner later in life  n wants to marry him/her it wld b illegal then !

Divorce is not meant to cater for some sudden urge :P to marry someone else. ::)

It is meant to offer flexibility to the partners, in case of  a plausible reason (eg. One of them dies, wife-beater hubby, Hubby beater wife :P , extramarital affair etc )

same way  freedom or choosing the partner or leaving the partner cnt be taken away

Freedom of leaving the partner without any plausible reason : This does not really fall into the freedom of speech category. Marriage is not a two day game. :P

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 05:34:52 pm by $tyli$h Executive »

Alpha

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2010, 11:11:36 am »
Make these to do from someone, then use lawyer if you are in court. So many ways to sneak off through police. :P

That depends on the police;)

Ewwwwwww! :P ::)

In humankind's simple English, what does that mean?  :P

Divorce is not meant to cater for some sudden urge :P to marry someone else. ::)

Freedom of leaving the partner without any plausible reason : This does not really fall into the freedom of speech category. Marriage is not a two day game. :P

You stole my words.  :o