Author Topic: can u write a good story??  (Read 5103 times)

Offline ~Dazzling Star~

can u write a good story??
« on: October 19, 2010, 05:06:52 pm »
i need someone to write me a story just for fun including any of 10 of the following words:
no wordcount can be as short as 1 line  :P if u can do that with 10 words from:::
1,abash
2,aboriginal
3,abridge
4,abstain
5,acrimonious
6,acrid
7,acute
8,adept
9,adhere
10,adorn
11,adroit
12,adulation
13,aesthetic
14,affable
15,agrarian
16,aloof
17,altruistic
18,amend
19,amiable
20,allure

good luck!! :D :D

Amelia

Re: can u write a good story??
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 05:19:19 pm »
Well, ya. I'm a writer. But I aint in writing mood, atm. So i'll write... when.. my mood agrees with me.

P.S - I was planning to open a topic like this, myself :)

Amelia

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 12:36:15 am »
Chapter 1

Year 1879, Victorian Era.
It could have been worse, couldn't it? Thank God, it's nothing worse...
The cold, ironically beautiful mansion was too damn frightening and the kitchen was accommodated with everything an unusual cook would dream of. I agree, I'm unusual but I aint a cook, so why the hell am I standing beside a cauldron brewing up the blood-red potion?
"I absolutely loathe this..and him," I muttered, throwing a clover leaf into the warm stone cauldron. The potion turned the blue-green color of the sea.
"What do you loathe about me, hinny?" said a husky voice in my right ear.I din't have to look up to see who it was. There was a time when my heart would nearly jump out of my chest out of fear of this voice. But not any more, I was used to it.
"Everything, my lord." I answered with resentment. My eyes averted from the hateful face.
But, ofcourse, it wasn't an easy task to offend the devil. Not even slightly abashed he barked a laugh and growled, "You are one nasty piece of work, gel."
"Hark who is talking," I said indicating hatred in each syllable, "Who is going to be your latest victim, my lord?" I continued, stirring the (now) magenta potion.
"That's none of your concern, gel." growled Than, the devil. "You can abridge the procedure of potion-making. I'm in a hurry."
"Yes, my lord"...

I'm too sleepy to continue, atm. It's a little longer then a one-line story but its definitely not gonna be like Harry Potter. :P
Whoever bothers to read, plz, post your feedback. I need encouragement. ;D

« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:48:40 pm by Amelia »

Amelia

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 09:46:20 pm »
.. I poured the (now-prepared) Eros potion into the the flagon. Yes, I was truly unusual. A wife who prepares love potion to help her own husband  - a devil - find himself girls who can satisfy his needs.
"My lady?"said Emily, my maid. A pretty, young Scottish girl.
"I have the flagon ready, Emily." I said, turning round to see her standing in the kitchen doorway, "Here, take it to your master."
"My lady," said Emily, lowering her gaze and twisting the hem of her apron, "Master insists that you take the flagon up to him. He's getting ready in the bed chamber."
"Very well, then." I said, sighing, "You are dismissed. Get yourself up to bed."
She bowed and left.
To call this house a mansion is an understatement but it wasn't a exactly a castle, either. Grand, yes. But desolate and aloof. A place of misery and sorrow..
I climbed the wide staircase and turned left to see the door of the bedchamber open-wide. The devil had no sense or shame at all. Why can't he close his door while changing?
"My lord?" I said, entering the beautiful bedchamber. He was standing beside the grand oak dressing table smiling at his reflection on the mirror.
"Ah, dearling." said Than, "thank you so much. How do I look?"
I had to raise my eyebrows at that, "You need to ask that, my lord? I think the mirror says it all."
"But," said Than, turning his back on the mirror and facing me, "I want to know your opinion, Catherine."
"Very handsome," said I. He was a devil but a extremely handsome one. If it wasn't for his surliness, he wouldn't have needed the Eros to make the girls surrender to his will. The black suit cldn't disguise the powerful muscles beaneath it. The ocean blue eyes and the auburn hair was sure a compliment.
A knock on the bedchamber door startled her out of her observation, "My lord," it was Andrew, the Butcher, "The carriage is waiting for you outside."
"Take care of your lady, Andrew." said Than, took the flagon out of my hand and walked out of the door...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:31:27 pm by Amelia »

Amelia

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 06:29:40 am »
...I sighed and shut the door of the bedchamber. It large window was open allowing the cool night wind to waft inside the chamber. The king-sized bed was adorned in black and bits of golden and so was the carpet and the walls. Yes, black. The colour of the devil.
But as I lied down on the large bed, I realized it was extremely comfortable. I could feel my sore mucles relaxing and my mind dizzy enough to filter out all thoughts and emotions.

Offline iluvme

• Smile, the world will smile back. :)
  • SF Farseer
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 12:43:19 pm »
...I sighed and shut the door of the bedchamber. It large window was open allowing the cool night wind to waft inside the chamber. The king-sized bed was adorned in black and bits of golden and so was the carpet and the walls. Yes, black. The colour of the devil.
But as I lied down on the large bed, I realized it was extremely comfortable. I could feel my sore mucles relaxing and my mind dizzy enough to filter out all thoughts and emotions.

One teensy correction. I lay down.
Go ahead author. ;) I'm enjoying this.
+ rep.
I believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends  message.
~Damon Salvatore~

Amelia

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 04:48:04 pm »
Ofcourse, what was i thinking? :-[
oh, ya. "omg test!! in 15 mins."  :o this is what i was thinking. lolz
You read my work, that's compliment enough. Zanks. :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:21:44 am by Amelia »

Amelia

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 09:13:28 pm »
Dear Readers,
Due to SF breakdown I wasnt able to post further chapters of this story.. but now, here it is!
....but filtering out memories and emotions wasnt an easy task.
Scottish lands are beautiful and fierce. My aboriginal country being England, it was hard to adapt to the cold Scotland. But I did adapt and learned to love this place. The only thing - person,more like, I hate is my own husband.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 04:50:48 pm by Amelia »

Amelia

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 06:18:25 pm »
Chapter 2

I knew nothing about my mother except her name. My father, William Gaelic was probably the most acrimonious man alive on earth. Like all men, he had wanted a son. A couragious warrior. William was proud, arrogant and, wealthy. These attributes acquired him many enemies and the Gaelic palace was under constant threat of attack from the enemy clan. But William loved violence. He had adroit warriors and powerful weapons ready to initiate the war cry. I had no place in his life. Only during the moments when I accidently came into his view did he remember he was a father, too. But the look on his face when he saw clearly indicated that he would rather not be a father then to call me his child.

It was the night before my 14th birthday when I was summoned for the first time in my father's study.Even though, instincts told me that something was wrong my face broke up into a huge grin.
"I dont think that is the right reaction, Cathy. " I ignored my governess Susan's warning and galloped to the study.
Like every other room in the palace, Willaim's study was beautiful, the carpets and curtains were in rich burgundy. I passed the rows of hefty books and reached the office table where William was waiting for me.
"Father?" I said, all my glee was replaced by fear as I looked into his face which clearly stated nothing but pure fury.  

« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:45:26 pm by Amelia »

Amelia

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 07:06:42 pm »
I had my fathers height and lean structure but he was pale, blonde and blue eyed. And me; a dark brunette.
"What?" he said hoarsely, "Why are you here?" Only then, I noticed the tunkard of ale beside him. He was drunk. I sighed.
"You summoned me." I said.
I saw confusion flicker through his deep-blue eyes for a moment and then understanding dawned on him.
"Oh, yes," said William, "I wanted to inform you that tomorrow you will be sailing ashore to France with your maid. For your schooling. In that way you will be properly taken care of."

"France?" I said, breathless. I could feel my eyes stinging, "Why, Papa? Why so far? This place is my home."
"How dare you question me?" whispered William, it was worse then his shouting, "Yes, I have made a good decision. Manners will be your first lesson. You are dismissed. Leve me alone."

"Why?" I cried out in frustration, "Why do you hate me so much?"
He stood up so quickly that the chair toppled over. For a moment, I thought he was going to strangle me.

Alpha

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 03:28:09 am »
Nice writing Amelia. ;)

I had already +repped you for it, and am gonna do it a second time, because you haven't given up the good job. :)

Amelia

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 05:36:45 am »
Nice writing Amelia. ;)

I had already +repped you for it, and am gonna do it a second time, because you haven't given up the good job. :)

Thank you. :) I'll post the next part tonight, iA.

Ice_Frooog

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 01:57:03 pm »
nice 1 +rep to u amelia... ;D

Amelia

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 02:02:44 pm »

Amelia

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 05:37:05 am »
(story cont.)

"You want to know why?" roared William, "Because you remind me of your mother! And I loathe her!"
"Why?" I whispered. I thought I heard someone behind the closed door of the study.
He took deep slow breaths to steady himself. "Our marriage," said William, "was a buisness contract. I wanted to marry the woman I wanted but then my own father was dying and I had to fulfill his last wish. "Marry, Fiona" he had said before he closed his eyes never to open them again."
"Your mother was a fine young woman, Cathy. But life was hard. We werent meant for each. Arguments broke out every other day and went over the roof. It was enough to make anyone crazy."
"And then you were born," he continued, rising his voice a little at a time. "The anger and disappointment nearly choked me. A girl? when I was so eagerly awaiting the arrival of a boy..." his voice trailed off. And he took a sip of his ale.
"But," I said,tears rolling down my eyes,  my voice still a whisper, "I can be your son, Father. You can teach me how to fight. And then, I can dress up as a boy and accompany you to the numerous wars."
He gave me a sad smile, "I cant let you do that, hinny. You are a girl. A figure of adulation. Your duties are way more different and hefty."
I had stopped crying by then. And my mind was strangely clear. Maybe it was sorrow or curiosity but something was playing tricks with my mind. I could hear someone breathing, apart from me and William, someone outside the study door.
"But, Father." I insisted, "I can be your son and a lady."
"Easy said then done, hinny." said William, tonelessly.
I dont know what made me say it, " Father, I think there is someone outside. Eavesdropping on us"....