Author Topic: edexcel 2010 results  (Read 3035 times)

Offline killer

edexcel 2010 results
« on: August 18, 2010, 12:05:16 am »
19th is thursday everybody wt r u expecting?

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
Re: edexcel 2010 results
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 01:11:13 pm »
Hope for the best prepare for the worst.

Offline S.M.A.T

• SF Master
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 10:50:47 am »
6PH01-103/120
6PH02-100/120
6PH07-51/60
ACCOUNTING UNIT-1-295/300
ACCOUNTING UNIT-2-282/300
C1-100
C2-98
C3-100
C4-100
M1-89
S1-87

I am really sad :( about my physics result.

"A man's life is interesting primarily when he has failed - I well know. For it's a sign that he tried to surpass himself." Clemenceau, Georges

Offline modacar

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 11:28:56 am »
oi asif er baccha how dare u beat me in accounting 1
I got 291/300 in acc.
ha ha u sucked in S1
I got 100/100 in S1

elemis

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 11:35:02 am »
I got 291/300 in acc.
ha ha u sucked in S1
I got 100/100 in S1

I hope that was a joke.

Offline S.M.A.T

• SF Master
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 08:24:23 pm »
I got 291/300 in acc.
ha ha u sucked in S1
I got 100/100 in S1
well that is true but overall i got 574/600,so i am happy :D.
but i am only worried with my physics,i think i will repeat unit1&2

"A man's life is interesting primarily when he has failed - I well know. For it's a sign that he tried to surpass himself." Clemenceau, Georges

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 08:26:30 pm »
well that is true but overall i got 574/600,so i am happy :D.
but i am only worried with my physics,i think i will repeat unit1&2

Why on earth would you want to do that?

You just need 80% of UMS in AS, and 90% in A2 to get all A*s....

So, do not resit, just think of dong better in your A2s.

Offline S.M.A.T

• SF Master
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 08:34:41 pm »
Why on earth would you want to do that?

You just need 80% of UMS in AS, and 90% in A2 to get all A*s....

So, do not resit, just think of dong better in your A2s.
Well that is true but my target was to get 570+ in all of my subjects :'( which is not possible for physics as i got 251 in AS.

By the way how about your result?

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 08:48:37 pm »
Well that is true but my target was to get 570+ in all of my subjects :'( which is not possible for physics as i got 251 in AS.

By the way how about your result?

4As and 1B. B in Business. :(

And actually people are not looking for that. They just look at the grade you got, and resiting AS is a waste of time if you did not get a B.

Unis are going to look for what extra you have, do you have any extra curricular activities and etc....

Offline S.M.A.T

• SF Master
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 09:11:31 pm »
4As and 1B. B in Business. :(

And actually people are not looking for that. They just look at the grade you got, and resiting AS is a waste of time if you did not get a B.

Unis are going to look for what extra you have, do you have any extra curricular activities and etc....

1)what are the other 4 subject?
2)I have only one extra curricular activity which is sports(soccer and basketball).ENGRAVED do i need more extra curricular activities?

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 09:30:25 pm »
1)what are the other 4 subject?
2)I have only one extra curricular activity which is sports(soccer and basketball).ENGRAVED do i need more extra curricular activities?

It does not matter if you play the sport, you have to win something, like a tournament or have a medal to your name. You need to have something of value. Also the number of subjects also help.

Phys, Chem, Math, Further Pure Math.

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 02:04:13 am »
asif, I agree with Engraved. It's always good to have a personal goal apart from the one universities are looking for, but universities are not looking for such minute details. I don't study Edexcel, but assuming there is only a marginal difference between CIE and Edexcel, I know that covering even the AS course between September and March is not a piece of cake. I know it wasn't the toughest thing in the world, but it wasn't even remotely like O-Levels/GCSEs. I myself have scored Masha ALLAH 4 As, (and since this is CIE I don't know the Edexcel equivalent) with 90, 91, 92 and 93 percent marks in my Physics, Math, Biology and Chemistry exams. I barely made it to the 90 and above line (that was my personal goal), but now I aim to work hard on my A2 modules and bring my overall percentage to something like 90+ for Physics, 90-95 for Math and 95+ for the other two. Is almost impossible, but I have good reason to believe it is possible!

Look at it this way: you scored a really good grade on Physics, and it's not marginal. When you appear for a full A2 exam next year, you will be burdened with the syllabus of both years. You are not necessarily going to perform better on your AS units than before, in fact you might mess up for all we know. You are almost definitely not going to perform as well as you could've on your A2 units, if given solely. In fact, since I think even Edexcel is based on the curve and percentile marks, you have the upper hand if you're giving A2 only! Because, many average students (almost 50% and above in my region) repeat, also accounting for the still strong majority of students who appear in a full A2. You have more time to study than them; you're not giving two exams in one session (in case of CIE, Physics P2 and P5 are in the same session). Repeating is a good option for students with Bs and Cs, or surprise grades (e.g. an A-grade student getting a C and the likes of it). Like Engraved said, work very hard on your A2 scores; make a personal goal relating to them!  :)

Also, extra-curricular activities are a great appeal for many universities. And you don't just have to play sports; you can do internships which can be professional or community service related. In fact, taking part in charity programs and the like is a big plus because it shows you are a useful person in every sphere of life.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 02:07:11 am by Chingoo »
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline studz

• SF Citizen
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 11:43:25 am »
3As and 1B!  >:( >:( >:( :-[

hey engraved...wt do u xctly mean by extra curricular activities here? is it just the sports? or extra subjects that u take too?

oh and guyz..supposing i wana retake one unit of a particular subject and lets say i get a gud grade in it..A for eg..so then does it change my overall grade for that subject?
could've would've should've....BUT DIDN'T!

Offline S.M.A.T

• SF Master
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 11:13:57 pm »
thanks for the advice Chingoo and Engraved

1)Hey Engraved i think your future plan is to become an engineer,so why did you took business study?
You and i have the same subject the only difference is that i took accounting instead of business study.Well i took accounting to increase the number of subject and it is much easier than other commerce subject.
2)What are the units you took in further maths?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:21:07 pm by asiftasfiq93 »

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 12:01:31 am »
thanks for the advice Chingoo and Engraved

1)Hey Engraved i think your future plan is to become an engineer,so why did you took business study?
You and i have the same subject the only difference is that i took accounting instead of business study.Well i took accounting to increase the number of subject and it is much easier than other commerce subject.
2)What are the units you took in further maths?

You took a very weird combination, that seems to me like 3.5 subjects. Did you have cash-in codes?

I have no plan, I do not know if I will be an engineer or a businessman. But what I do know is that I want to do well and serve the people of this world.

FP1 M1 S1. These are the units.

FP1  90
M1   97
S1    91

And yes, do not think that playing football is going to get you extra-cur credit. For example,for me, I am the Admin of an international forum. That is a super big plus. And a mod is the same.... But if you play for a team that has actually won something professional, then most certainly yes.

I wanted to take Business studies, because it gives you a wide understanding of both economics (micro and macro) as well as grass root business and economics, which I find very useful. It helps me perceive things better, understanding the world around me. I like the subject.

And simply taking accounting because it is a "scoring" subject is not going to help you. Accounting is not exactly as accredited as Economics. And will not help you much in American Unis.

More importantly, it really does not matter what you got in AS, if you are aiming for an A*, people if you get an A* in the end, and another guy got full marks in the subject, there will be not difference when you go for the application, because you both are smart, you both are capable, what they are going to look for is what else yo have, what makes you distinct, what makes you special. You people need to comprehend, because Unis are not looking for perfectionists, they are looking for people with leadership capabilities, with good and honest intentions to power the next generation.

Let me remind you again, even if you get a B in AS, it does not matter if you are targeting an A*. Target for an A*, not ultra high UMS, in that extra time try to build yourself up in other areas, such as charity, leading, stuff like that.
I got a B in business, but I still can make it an A*, it would be the same requirements if I had gotten an A*, with 100% UMS.

The main importance is on your A2s, not your AS. I cannot stress this enough.

And Chingoo I am no one to set someone else's goals. But a person who got an A* and a person who got 95+ UMS will be viewed as the same, it is a sad thing. It really is. But you need to work towards strengthening your other areas, like charity, leadership, intern-ship, stuff like that.

And as a clarification, CIE and EDEXCEL are viewed as equals by British and American Unis, because when it comes to awarding grades, it comes down to the curve marks for both, so both have similar number get 90+ UMS.....

I am not telling to to acheive less, but Work Done is equal to the force exerted in the direction of force. If you push to hard in one direction, you are not going to seal all your gaps, and all the extra effort you put in will simply be to push yourself against the wall.

Again, grades matter, grades are enough to asses a person's academics, they are going to look at all dimensions.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 12:17:51 am by Engraved »