Author Topic: May-June 2010 results for AS here  (Read 16932 times)

Offline yasser37

• SF Citizen
Re: May-June 2010 results for AS here
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 12:02:18 pm »
Congratz m8

I hope I do something close to that lol

Offline Onion

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 12:09:40 pm »
THANKS ALL  :D
A-levels (CIE) '10
Applied ICT, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry: AAAB

UCAS '10 Mechanical Engineering
Bristol - AAA (FIRM)
UCL - ABB (INSURANCE)

Offline [Spy]

• SF Joker (2)
  • SF Geek
  • Watch Your Back.
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 12:16:44 pm »
Math: A
Biology: B
Physics: C

What The Hellll!! i expected a B in physics and an A in bio! what a piss offffffff!
Kids in back seats cause accidents, accidents in back seats cause kids.
David Guetta<3
Student Forum<3

nid404

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 12:43:33 pm »
A in chem (much expected)
B in math and phy

Phy i was disappointed. I expected an A...i might've just missed. And math i had a panic attack + lengthy paper...sorta messed up ,..will reappear for math. I want my A. I don't like phy so i'll just do well to get overall a/b in A2

The most shocking of all.

C in bio. All my teachers are shocked...by far I am the best student my teacher has had. She has said this innumerable times. She cried her guts out. I was confused while she was running around to cross check with the other teachers.  Now I don't know whether to give my paper for reevaluation of just resit the paper. :-\ 15 grands for reevaluation...I'm confident it's an 'a' but i feel like i'm bribing cie to increase my grade or summin. I don't know if it's worth it. When I think abt giving the whole thing again...my head aches -__-

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 12:46:34 pm »
A in chem (much expected)
B in math and phy

Phy i was disappointed. I expected an A...i might've just missed. And math i had a panic attack + lengthy paper...sorta messed up ,..will reappear for math. I want my A. I don't like phy so i'll just do well to get overall a/b in A2

The most shocking of all.

C in bio. All my teachers are shocked...by far I am the best student my teacher has had. She has said this innumerable times. She cried her guts out. I was confused while she was running around to cross check with the other teachers.  Now I don't know whether to give my paper for reevaluation of just resit the paper. :-\ 15 grands for reevaluation...I'm confident it's an 'a' but i feel like i'm bribing cie to increase my grade or summin. I don't know if it's worth it. When I think abt giving the whole thing again...my head aches -__-

Well, if at first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again.

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 12:47:21 pm »
Nid...how confident are you that you've got an A....
cz i know a person who was so damn sure she's got an A..and she sent it for rechecking...she got her A...
well whatever it is...all the very best..and yeah..i've always assumed you're a very good student of biology too! anyway! :| Take care!

nid404

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 12:50:07 pm »
Well, if at first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again.

You suggest i should reappear for bio? I mean I know I did well enough to get an a but in the back of my mind, I don't know whether i should wait for them to reevaluate the papers...would take a few weeks...by then it'll be time for the nov session and i'll miss my chance to reappear.

nid404

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 12:51:18 pm »
Nid...how confident are you that you've got an A....
cz i know a person who was so damn sure she's got an A..and she sent it for rechecking...she got her A...
well whatever it is...all the very best..and yeah..i've always assumed you're a very good student of biology too! anyway! :| Take care!

Very confident. My teachers want me to send it for reevaluation. My co-ordinator suggests i shouldn't cause she hasn't seen any improvement in grades of the best of students who've done this before.  :-\

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 12:53:43 pm »
You suggest i should reappear for bio? I mean I know I did well enough to get an a but in the back of my mind, I don't know whether i should wait for them to reevaluate the papers...would take a few weeks...by then it'll be time for the nov session and i'll miss my chance to reappear.

No, you should re-appear, that way you get another chance. Re-evaluation is a gamble, if you think you got it, then you can prove it again.

Depends on how much you want it. Do anything, but do not re-evaluate.

Offline yasser37

• SF Citizen
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 01:01:42 pm »
No, you should re-appear, that way you get another chance. Re-evaluation is a gamble, if you think you got it, then you can prove it again.

Depends on how much you want it. Do anything, but do not re-evaluate.

I second that

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2010, 01:02:59 pm »
well...engraved's got a point..but she's really confident. nid- are you appearing for any of your A2 exams in jan..or planning to? don't listen to people, try to find out if there's been any cases like this, were the students as confident as you are and all that. re-appearing's got its own burden and wastage of time, money, concentration. well, look at all the aspects of both these things and i hope you'll be able to decide the best! good luck!

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2010, 01:12:18 pm »
Re-evaluation did not work for me, and another girl, we were both super confident about it. But we both did not get it.

I was predicted an A, she an A*. We both got Bs.

Offline M-H

• SF Master
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2010, 01:20:19 pm »
well she decides. as i said..both the things have got their own pros and cons!
lets us know of what you decide Nid! :)

nid404

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 01:26:32 pm »
yeah I've heard it doesn't work

I might as well reappear and open their eyes....like hello? I want my A!

nid404

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2010, 01:32:26 pm »
well...engraved's got a point..but she's really confident. nid- are you appearing for any of your A2 exams in jan..or planning to? don't listen to people, try to find out if there's been any cases like this, were the students as confident as you are and all that. re-appearing's got its own burden and wastage of time, money, concentration. well, look at all the aspects of both these things and i hope you'll be able to decide the best! good luck!

Reappearing for bio won't be much of a pain as such...it's my fav subject in fact! shouldn't be a problem....just the practicals are way too bugging....

I'd give bio and math as again to get my friggin As. Phy not very concerned...an overall a is satisfactory. and well chemistry is good as always.

Thanks guys....help much appreciated  :)