Author Topic: Help required ?!  (Read 3518 times)

Offline AR.

Help required ?!
« on: August 03, 2010, 09:49:02 pm »
Hello everyone,

First of I am very glad I found forum like this and found it very useful. Nice work everyone!

I will be very thankful if some one guide me regarding this problem.

I completed AS (CIE) by giving 2 exams in June of 2010 but its still not fulfilled (missing one more subject).
I took Maths and Physics but due to some problem I could not take Computer. My aim is to become a software engineer, and the country I decided is Canada for further studies (Uni.)

The problem is I don't know which university will be best for me regardless searching I would like to know others opinion. (Bests in Canada).

And the second part of the problem is, when to apply for admission ? Do I have to apply after completing AS or possible during A2? If not, what I should do because I missed one subject in AS and do I need to do complete AS (the missed subject) while completing A2 because Computer is not available in October/November session because subjects with out practical can be only given this time.  ???

And any extra qualification useful ? Like ILETS, TOFEL etc If yes which one?

Thanks in advance,
AR.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:55:20 pm by AR. »

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
Re: Help required ?!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 09:53:53 pm »
I can Only give u this little advice .

If u can't take computing any more ,u can still get a certificate that'll really help ya in College .

the certificate's name is ICDL .....this is a really good certificate and most unis find it very useful.

And if u haven't taken English whether second or first language in Igs then i Recommend TOFEL/ILETS , cuz Most unis want a certifitcate of English.

Good Luck :)
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline AR.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 09:58:52 pm »
Well thanks for the quick reply, Problem is I can't think of more qualifications except adding TOFEL/ILETS because I already reached the A2 level, I don't think it will be possible for me to take A2 and TOFEL/ILETS and think of any other qualification. Anyway I am taking A2 for sure so I can take AS and A2 for Computer together in June 2011.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:00:50 pm by AR. »

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 10:00:55 pm »
Hello everyone,

First of I am very glad I found forum like this and found it very useful. Nice work everyone!

I will be very thankful if some one guide me regarding this problem.

I completed AS (CIE) by giving 2 exams in June of 2010 but its still not fulfilled (missing one more subject).
I took Maths and Physics but due to some problem I could not take Computer. My aim is to become a software engineer, and the country I decided is Canada for further studies (Uni.)

The problem is I don't know which university will be best for me regardless searching I would like to know others opinion. (Bests in Canada).

And the second part of the problem is, when to apply for admission ? Do I have to apply after completing AS or possible during A2? If not, what I should do because I missed one subject in AS and do I need to do complete AS (the missed subject) while completing A2 because Computer is not available in October/November session because subjects with out practical can be only given this time.  ???

And any extra qualification useful ? Like ILETS, TOFEL etc If yes which one?

Thanks in advance,
AR.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your compliments.

I will do my best to give you a full reply within 2 days.

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 10:02:53 pm »
Well thanks for the quick reply, Problem is I can't think of more qualifications except adding TOFEL/ILETS because I already reached the A2 level, I don't think it will be possible for me to take A2 and TOFEL/ILETS and think of any other qualification. Anyway I am taking A2 for sure so I can take AS and A2 for Computer together in June 2011.

Thanks.

Anytime ....But just to let ya know ,u can take it in ur summer break it might only take ya 1-3 Months cuz u seem to kno some stuff abt computer , anyways that's ur choice :)

Offline AR.

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 06:46:38 pm »
@Engraved:
Any solution... Just try helping this fellow here (my heart says 'Patience') :P

@~the Golden girl~ :
Where can I get more detail, can I have the official site, thanks by the way!

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 07:00:43 pm »
Just call me gg ;)

well it has another name which is ECDL or ICDL

here u go :

http://www.ecdl.com/publisher/index.jsp

:)

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 07:09:52 pm »
The best time to apply would be after AS. And tell them that your A2s are on the way.

The University of Toronto is a great place. There are many institutions, you need to do a little google searching to find out for yourselves.

Going to Canada, you should have the IELTS as a taken test.

You need to explain your situation clearly to them, if you are willing to pay, then there is no problem with a mixed subject.

I hope that helped. :)

• Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 07:11:37 pm »
Ohh i forgot to say .........Anytime :)

Offline AR.

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 11:00:22 am »
I have lost my determination, please guide me!

My previous year did not go well, I was usually ill through whole year and unfocused.. even though I only registered for 2 subjects previous year and unfortunately I could attend only one of them and achieved unsatisfactory result. (AS)

So starting from over I planned to give 3 subjects for (AS) at this coming May/June session with 1 (A2) subject and rest 2 in Oct/Nov session. Total of 6 subjects.

I just want to get over this year and I am aware of my capabilities, I just dread one thing and that is admission deadline.

P.S. I want to apply in any good Canadian university (Computer Science).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:02:22 am by AR. »

Offline Deadly_king

• &lt;&lt;Th3 BO$$&gt;&gt;
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 06:10:20 am »
I have lost my determination, please guide me!

My previous year did not go well, I was usually ill through whole year and unfocused.. even though I only registered for 2 subjects previous year and unfortunately I could attend only one of them and achieved unsatisfactory result. (AS)

So starting from over I planned to give 3 subjects for (AS) at this coming May/June session with 1 (A2) subject and rest 2 in Oct/Nov session. Total of 6 subjects.

I just want to get over this year and I am aware of my capabilities, I just dread one thing and that is admission deadline.

P.S. I want to apply in any good Canadian university (Computer Science).

Are you a Canadian Citizen or an international student?

Here is a link which might help you.

I think you still have time considering that you'll be finishing your A2 in November.

Nevertheless it's good you're feeling concerned about now, so that you get time to get to know everything about it. ;)

Offline AR.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 12:28:58 am »
I am an international student.

UOT is not even present ??? but anyway I would like to know am I safe from admission side, I am unaware of the timings what would you prefer when should I fill the application, now or after AS exams.

I would prefer Waterloo, McGill University, University of Waterloo, University of Toronto, Simon Fraser University, University of Calgary and University of Victoria

But which of would be suitable for my course and does mentioned universities have have different deadline? I mean by different month wise.

Offline Deadly_king

• &lt;&lt;Th3 BO$$&gt;&gt;
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 07:59:28 am »
I am an international student.

UOT is not even present ??? but anyway I would like to know am I safe from admission side, I am unaware of the timings what would you prefer when should I fill the application, now or after AS exams.

I would prefer Waterloo, McGill University, University of Waterloo, University of Toronto, Simon Fraser University, University of Calgary and University of Victoria

But which of would be suitable for my course and does mentioned universities have have different deadline? I mean by different month wise.

International student.........Okay, this may be useful to you.

How to plan your time?

Universities in Canada offering Computer Science. Apart from Waterloo and Calgary, all the other universities you mentioned offers courses on Computer Science. :)

McGill University
Simon Fraser University
University of Victoria
University of Toronto

Hope it helps :D