Author Topic: How many Of You question the usual stereotypes that you encounter in the world.  (Read 4274 times)

Freaked12

-Satan is always Wrong
- Religion is always right in what it tells you.
-White people always succeed in what they do.
-Africans have always been poor throughout history.
-Indians love babies. :P
-Genocide is always wrong.
-Wars are wrong
-Metallica is a satanic band.
-mexicans love GARDNING  :P :P
-

Examples of some of the stereotypes

DISCUSS DISCUSS  ;D

Monica

*slaps forehead* Why do you ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have to enter religion, politics, racism topics in there?

Freaked12

These are established stereotypes. I had absolutely NOTHING NOTHING to do with them.

Merely pointing it out.

Monica

These are established stereotypes. I had absolutely NOTHING NOTHING to do with them.

Merely pointing it out.

Stereotypes are like popular, wannabe, nerd etc etc not those >_<

Freaked12

Stereotypes are like popular, wannabe, nerd etc etc not those >_<

Tsk.

mony man. seriously. i read the dictionary 3 times .and these are stereotypes

Monica

Okay good for you. They are not appropriate in the forum though.

Now people would start talking about Satan, religion, white/black people and some people would get offended.

That is why, we stop such topics from the start or else they will end up into something bad like before.

Freaked12

This will not end up like other topics.

I will cool it down a bit when i feel it's going that way. i promise

Monica

This will not end up like other topics.

I will cool it down a bit when i feel it's going that way. i promise

Okay.

You can lock your own thread I guess, so if it gets out of control just lock it.

Freaked12

So any valuable contribution to the thread. your Majesty.

Monica

So any valuable contribution to the thread. your Majesty.

I am not allowed to debate.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
-Satan is always Wrong
- Religion is always right in what it tells you.
-White people always succeed in what they do.
-Indians love babies. :P
-Genocide is always wrong.
-Wars are wrong
-Metallica is a satanic band.
-mexicans love GARDNING  :P :P
-

Examples of some of the stereotypes

DISCUSS DISCUSS  ;D

Satan is always wrong - No questioning of this. I already discussed this with you in the "what do you wish you were doing now" topic.

Religion is always right - Yes. I question whether the source of different religious rules is authentic or not. For example, to pray, this is mentioned in the Quran, so, no question of its validity. But there are many assertions in my religion which are fake and made by people to damage the religion. So, religion is right, but as long as the information is authentic.

White people usually succeed more than the blacks. This is mainly because they are more self-confident and have a strategic way to get their tasks done. But the blacks often resort to violent tactics to get what they want. For example, in America, its the blacks who are attributed to most of the crimes like robbery. But this could also be attributed to unfair treatment. For example, in SA, white's average income is far more than the blacks.

Africans have not always been poor. Some countries are remarkably developing/developed. For example, South africa and Mauritius. Egypt, Mysore etc. are fairly developed I think. But some countries like those situated near the Sahara, are inevitably poor because of the desertification there.

Indians love babies - True. They care more about their child than say, an American. I hate the tradition that kids are "Kept in close supervision" even when they are adults. Fortunately my parents are not like that and know the limits.

Wars are not wrong actually, but often foolishness. I will give an example. America invaded Iraq for the oil there. Everybody knows this. They could do this in another way, perhaps by buying Saddam Hossain then, or by aiding him, in return allowing its businesses to be established in iraq, or any other strategy. The modern way to dominate a country is not to engage in war. It is to develop business channels in the country to be dominated. China has dominated many countries in Asia this way. Indirectly, they are all dependent of China. So, had America tried another strategy than war, it would've not had to spend trillions in Iraq.

Offline M-H

• SF Master
*slaps forehead* Why do you ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have to enter religion, politics, racism topics in there?

exactly!!!!!

i thot it was banned!wth

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
exactly!!!!!

i thot it was banned!wth

It should be okay as long as things do not get out of control. If it does, the topic will be locked and relevant posts deleted before reinstating.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Did Arsenal become famous?

Alpha

If my memory does not betray me, you'd know as much as I do that this one's wrong.  ;)

Indirectly, they are all dependent of China.

dependent on*

It should be okay as long as things do not get out of control. If it does, the topic will be locked and relevant posts deleted before reinstating.

I agree. It's our way of interpreting that makes the difference-- WE make a taboo of everything that asks for tolerance and patience.