Author Topic: Has Marriage failed in its aim of prosperity between bride and the groom. ?  (Read 36492 times)

Alpha

Am pacific too, just from Pearl Harbour. :P

Ship-wrecked.  :D

Offline I'm a mistake - legalize abortion!

• SF Farseer
No, Pacifist... The Japs blew my ship up... :-\
If you don't like my driving, then stay off the sidewalk

Alpha

No, Pacifist... The Japs blew my ship up... :-\

You landed on Earth, no?  :P

• SF Farseer
You landed on Earth, no?  :P

No, Hawaii!!! ;D

So how's gorillaz's EVOlution going on? :P

Alpha

No, Hawaii!!! ;D

So how's gorillaz's EVOlution going on? :P

Going on...  How is Kong?  :P

• SF Farseer
Kong is after the haaaaaaaaawtttttttttt girl. :P

I must go now.

Brazil vs Chile   8)

I just decided to check after some lonely people. :P :P

Don't worry, I'll come tomorrow too. :P

Alpha

Kong is after the haaaaaaaaawtttttttttt girl. :P

I must go now.

Brazil vs Chile   8)

I just decided to check after some lonely people. :P :P

Don't worry, I'll come tomorrow too. :P

I gotta go too. Tired today.

Take Care Kong. Bye all.  :D

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
1. everyone has a different culture which he is supposed/MUST to abide to it's norms and values . we can't change it cuz it's the way it is !!

2.it's still our choice to chose whether we quit and turn to be full-time mother or half-time mothers and half-time taking care of children and housework ..etc.

3. my culture is much better than others . i have a friend whose culture is to get married once she turns 17 *depends on her dad and her tho *, so see i have my freedom and i am not in anyway suppressed !!

4.i'm proud of being an Arab and proud of my culture and i do NOT feel suppressed at all  

5.there r some stuff we ladies r not allowed to do cuz our parents r afraid that we get harmed by some dirty minded ppl that's y they don't let us have our full freedom .

no matter what u say and no matter what u do , u have to keep in mind that's the way some Arabs were raised and it's not really possible to change ur culture's norms .

my culture is a prt of who i am so i don't wanna argue !

1. Agree. But it must not practice undue restriction being imposed on women. This is unfair.

5. Do you think ALL guys are always after women/girls? That's not a logical thinking, I'm afraid. MOST respect women.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
1. Agree. But it must not practice undue restriction being imposed on women. This is unfair.

5. Do you think ALL guys are always after women/girls? That's not a logical thinking, I'm afraid. MOST respect women.

1. well mne doesn't so i'm fine with it :)

5. no!! ...but those who r have srsly BAD intentions .
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Till they are wearing clothes, you mean?  

I mean it should be up to the girl/women. She should be sensible enough to decide herself.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P

5. no!! ...but those who r have srsly BAD intentions .

Yes. Thank you for realizing that only a SMALL percentage of men have that kind of 'bad' intention about girls/women they see everyday. We are definitely not beasts.

Alpha

:) Same here. My parents trust me.

I mean it should be up to the girl/women. She should be sensible enough to decide herself.

Unfortunately, some women were late in the conference when God was distributing wisdom.  ::)
 ;)

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
hehehe ...ya ya i get ur point :) .............srry if i offended u :(
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
 ;)

Oh I see. ;)

But I also think that women attempting to cover the WHOLE part of their body by wearing black veil is a bit scary and should not be practiced. To follow their religion, they can dress up in modest dresses (this doesn't necessarily mean 'modest' implying a swimsuit/bikini or whatever :P )

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
I would just like to say this, and I will do my best to practice brevity in my adjudication.

To begin with, I am a Muslim, and one who believes in the dire importance of marriage, I am against having a partner over whom you have no authority and who has no authority over you, it is simply wrong. Marriage, I believe puts in this sense of commitments, and often pragmatically, this is the only thing that keeps a man and a woman from being separated. Thus, marriage is essential, but it is also essential for us to examine at how people look at marriage. If you simply see it as a contract, then it is not what I would call a marriage, but a simply piece of paper publicly admitting your consent to a woman to live with you. Marriage means more to me, a lot more.

The ideals behind marriage (in my opinion)is simple, it is to advocate kinship, nurture the next generation as well as letting the partners fulfill their longings as well as support each other. Throughout life, I feel, that we are in search for people to love, adoration, admiration, self-actualization. Often, people help, to be loved, often to please themselves, for them to love their personalities. Either way, it is mu humble belief, that humans by nature want to be loved, search for it, and are pleased to know that they can rely on someone during times of woe and dolor.

Now, to begin with answering the question itself. Has marriage failed, I feel it has not, but this is true, that the idea, and aura that marriage once held, has waned significantly in the modern era. I often see it hard for young women with strong ambitions, to give it up for a child. And I can comprehend, their frustration, that they are now answerable to a man. Regardless of what people say, I believe unequivocally, that marriage puts great constraints on both the individual's, freedom, may it be mental or personal. Marriage is defined by commitment from a man to a woman and that woman to a man. And this commitment, this bond is what keeps society together, and what allows society to produce more of its own. To answer your question forthrightly, the notion of marriage itself has changed. It is no longer seen with the honor and importance that was once bestowed on it by society. Marriage has not failed, it is a mere word and ordeal. But society has failed in keeping its value constant and consistent.

Now to address the sacrifice that women make. I was always raised by women, the majority of the co-workers from whom I have learnt life's lessons happen to be women. And in all of them, I saw no less ambition than a man, no less charisma than a man, no less wit than a man. So I asked myself, why must their ambitions be quelled, for the success of a society? Why?

I saw many women, who worked, very few of whom had chased their ambitions had happy lives, there are and forever will be exceptions, but I saw many many women, who loved their freedom, but there was always an emptiness in them. This is my opinionated thought. I do not know if you agree with me, but often, people have to make a choice, and for many women the choice of being a mother and being an honoree of society is something that is hard for them to make. And this is my opinion, that marriage is a must, it is a part of your life, a part of every healthy and normal human's life. Matrimony in my opinion is as fundamental to life as birth and death.

Now to answer my own question. The definition of ambition, of achievement is something that I feel society has gotten wrong. Is a successful marriage not an achievement? Is not seeing your offspring grow and learn from you, and know that you are what (mainly) causes their success? If you were in a job, you would have to sacrifice your freedom too would you not? I mean, you would have to work long hours, you would have to take orders from your boss, you would have to make sacrifices of your own time for the enhancement of your career.... But the fundamental difference I believe, is that for the house wife, who is a dedicated mother, the success of  her ambitions lie in her children. The father is important too, but a mother is simply on a whole other level. Many people who I have talked to, said that "A man will control me", but is the office not controlling you, mentally and physically, does it not cloud your thoughts?

But often, people look down at the house wife, saying that she has not achieved. But what people get wrong, is that perhaps, she wanted to achieve something different. Many tell me that, well the job adds security. Yes, it does, but that is why you need to to make the choice of marriage with greater caution. But I also think both the partners in a marriage doing a job adds instability to it. But that is something else that I feel needs to elaborated at a better time.