Author Topic: Has Marriage failed in its aim of prosperity between bride and the groom. ?  (Read 36488 times)

Alpha

I feel marriage places constraints on the modern woman.

She is forced to take the role of a mother. Although, some women may actually look forward to have children.

In such a case I cannot comment.

However, as a mother she may not be able to do what she has always wanted to do in life.

Get my drift ?

Forced?

How about those who WANT to have a child?

Marriage is a choice, I remember audience and participants, lol.  :D

elemis

Forced?

How about those who WANT to have a child?

Marriage is a choice, I remember audience and participants, lol.  :D

I cant comment on that because I simply dont know the answer.

But I just feel guilty when I see some women relegated to being simply mothers - no longer free to pursue their ambitions.

But thats just me  :-\

Alpha

I cant comment on that because I simply dont know the answer.

But I just feel guilty when I see some women relegated to being simply mothers - no longer free to pursue their ambitions.

But thats just me  :-\

:)

It's a wonder to be mother, you know.

If you don't, then assist a delivery live. I watched one on screen. It's really WONDERFUL.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
i feel like we ladies were born to raise the next generations (i.e. to be mothers* cuz obviously we r the only creatures that have a womb .

don't feel srry  for us Ari , we do follow our amibtion and our dreams to the point were we get married some chose to complete follwoing their dreams *while they still do have children* while others choice to quit and take full care of their children

P.S. we can follow our dreams while we have kids

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Alpha

i feel like we ladies were born to raise the next generations (i.e. to be mothers* cuz obviously we r the only creatures that have a womb .

don't feel srry  for us Ari , we do follow our amibtion and our dreams to the point were we get married some chose to complete follwoing their dreams *while they still do have children* while others choice to quit and take full care of their children

:) Agreed.

Being mother does not prevent you from pursuing your dreams.

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P

That's not a plausible dream... :-\

Alpha

That's not a plausible dream... :-\

That's not a dream.

But benefiting wholly of the powers Nature gave you.

Freaked12

Your culture suppresses women.

You may get offended by this but it is true. Some arab traditions are too hard to explain.And islam somehow becomes the basis of suppression.Although i read quran and found no verse who goes against women

Alpha

You may get offended by this but it is true. Some arab traditions are too hard to explain.And islam somehow becomes the basis of suppression.Although i read quran and found no verse who goes against women

That's fanaticism.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
That's not a dream.

But benefiting wholly of the powers Nature gave you.

Yes. But its still hard for women to achieve a top career position if they have a husband who doesn't like women taking up a job or running a business.

Freaked12

That's fanaticism.

It's a opinion. And i dont watch fox news. I have first hand experience at this(i live in a arab country) and somehow i found this statement in Nat Geo magazine as well

Alpha

Yes. But its still hard for women to achieve a top career position if they have a husband who doesn't like women taking up a job or running a business.

They will choose who they marry, won't they?

It's a opinion. And i dont watch fox news. I have first hand experience at this(i live in a arab country) and somehow i found this statement in Nat Geo magazine as well

I read that too... And it's nothing with religion, but mindset.

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P

I agree that some countries have a tendency to oppress women, even if they're from a different religion.

elemis

I said what I said because of my mother.

She has an MBA, and two years of Law under her belt. She worked as a Secretary to the CEO of some large Pharma company in India.

She could have gone places....

She has made a lot of sacrifices for me.

Alpha

I said what I said because of my mother.

She has an MBA, and two years of Law under her belt. She worked as a Secretary to the CEO of some large Pharma company in India.

She could have gone places....

She has made a lot of sacrifices for me.

I knew you said that because of your mother.  :)

But worry not, your mother made her choice, and you're lucky, it was you.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also read more, it was better for those women to be oppressed by fanatics. For They could not handle freedom, and started removing their clothes in public places, smoking like goons, and prostituting as if it was a mundane activity.