Author Topic: quick reply?  (Read 6904 times)

Alpha

Re: quick reply?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 12:09:12 pm »
Turn off the quick reply and the quote button will work absolutely fine or else open the quote in a new tab.

Yeah, and if you want the Quick Reply to stay, it's better to click the middle click scroll button.  ;)

Offline Vin

• SF V.I.P
    • Theory of Life - A new skew.
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 01:42:57 pm »
Turn off the quick reply and the quote button will work absolutely fine or else open the quote in a new tab.

Yup, I always do that. Thanks.

@Alpha, hmm.. Double click didnt work. Never mind, it's ok, I'm as it is used to using the forums without quick reply. Thanks for trying Alpha. :)

Alpha

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 02:52:21 pm »
Yup, I always do that. Thanks.

@Alpha, hmm.. Double click didnt work. Never mind, it's ok, I'm as it is used to using the forums without quick reply. Thanks for trying Alpha. :)

Then the middle scroll button.  ;)

No problem, you're welcome.  :)

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2010, 05:56:02 pm »
I use firefox. See when I click "Quote" having the quick reply tab open at the bottom the following green bar appears .. Any idea? :-\

Yes, that used to happen to me.

There is an option on your profile somewhere to be able to 'Quote'.
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 11:21:27 am »
How to turn on quick reply

1. Press the profile button at the top middle of the main menu interface.
2. Underneath the heading "Modify profile" press on "Look an layout preferences"
3. The option to turn on quick reply is the second last option on the list of preferences.
4. There are 3 options there, to turn it on pick any of the options other than "don't show at all".

Thats all there is to it!