Author Topic: What is the difference between "Accepting oneself" and "Loving oneself"?  (Read 2376 times)

Freaked12

How will you differentiate between "Accepting oneself" and "Loving oneself"?

How will you relate both of them with Consciousness?

Yahoo>Answers>Philosophy

Freaked12

We are very conscious of who we are. This is why we carry all kinds of complexes on our shoulders. We fail to understand that there is a reason for being who we are. This is why too many people live with self-hate. They don't like the way they look, the way they talk, the choices they make. They live with so much insecurity that their self esteem is way down the ramp. But we all have flaws. Mine are different from yours. No one is so dumb that he has nothing to teach. No one is so bright that he has nothing to learn. When we learn to accept ourself for who we are and why we are different, then can we begin to truly love ourself. You may be richer, brighter and finer than me, but you can't be better at being me than me. This is the consciousness we need to have.''''Motor Spa Tech

Alpha

In my definition...

Accepting oneself > Accepting one's weaknesses, flaws, imperfections, and learning to cope with them.

Loving oneself > Appreciating and developing one's qualities, potentials, and talents.

Somebody is getting philosophical...  ::) :)

Freaked12

In my definition...

Accepting oneself > Accepting one's weaknesses, flaws, imperfections, and learning to cope with them.

Loving oneself > Appreciating and developing one's qualities, potentials, and talents.

Somebody is getting philosophical...  ::) :)

What do we do more
We accept who we are
or we love  despite the flaws

Offline I'm a mistake - legalize abortion!

• SF Farseer

or we love  despite the flaws

Very few...

We accept who we are

A little more than the latter....
If you don't like my driving, then stay off the sidewalk

Freaked12

Very few...

A little more than the latter....

yESS you are here. ;D

• SF Farseer
yESS you are here. ;D

Yep, I am here.;D

Surprised ... you are here and you are not here. ::).... What a contradiction.... ::)  :P :P

Freaked12

Yep, I am here.;D

Surprised ... you are here and you are not here. ::).... What a contradiction.... ::)  :P :P

LOL

Alpha

Can you love others if you love yourself...?

• SF Farseer
Can you love others if you love yourself...?

Depends on the person.

Alpha

Depends on the person.
[yt=425,350][/yt]

That's the perfect evasive answer. I want something concrete please.

• SF Farseer
[yt=425,350][/yt]

That's the perfect evasive answer. I want something concrete please.

It depends on the type of love.

Take the case of Paris Hilton  ::)( that's the first name that came into my mind ::):P or many other people like her who LOVE themselves.... Like some sort of obsession with themselves. People who Only care about themselves... A little scratch on their body will cause them more pain than a million people dying in a disaster..

And on the other hand we have very few specimens who love others along with themselves.

Alpha

It depends on the type of love.

Take the case of Paris Hilton  ::)( that's the first name that came into my mind ::):P or many other people like her who LOVE themselves.... Like some sort of obsession with themselves. People who Only care about themselves... A little scratch on their body will cause them more pain than a million people dying in a disaster..

And on the other hand we have very few specimens who love others along with themselves.

And when it comes to making a choice?

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
In my definition...

Somebody is getting philosophical...  ::) :)

yup that's it .....

as for this :Can you love others if you love yourself...?

yup but i\ll be more concerned abt myself & things that have to do with me more than i am with the person i love .
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 09:48:13 pm by the golden girl »
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Accepting someone = "adjusting" with someone. It doesn't always occur with gfs and bfs. Like you have a dormmate. He has a habit of snoring during sleep. you accept him.

Loving someone = Being mad for someone.