Author Topic: why are top posts of every religion dominated by males  (Read 4491 times)

Freaked12

why are top posts of every religion dominated by males
« on: June 19, 2010, 01:58:36 pm »
not that i am complaining but i do rather find the trend disturbing.

Is Dan Brown right that since males do not trust females in power they began hijacking religion as the only way to keep control of the masses and that due to the decreased role of women ,there has been a alot of increase in gender-fueled wars

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
Re: why are top posts of every religion dominated by males
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 03:28:20 pm »
Males do not trust females in power? I don't agree. Females are continuously emancipated and earning their rightful right. The Bangladeshi prime minister is a female. Its not that, males always 'decide' everything. Believing that they do is not right. So many females hold superior positions. Just google it!

Gender fueled wars do not make sense. I don't see males going on war against females or vice versa. They tend to cooperate.

So, I don't agree with Dan Brown.

Freaked12

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 03:31:52 pm »
Males do not trust females in power? I don't agree. Females are continuously emancipated and earning their rightful right. The Bangladeshi prime minister is a female. Its not that, males always 'decide' everything. Believing that they do is not right. So many females hold superior positions. Just google it!

Gender fueled wars do not make sense. I don't see males going on war against females or vice versa. They tend to cooperate.

So, I don't agree with Dan Brown.

Bengali Prime Minister is a odd one out including the opposition leader.You cannot argue the same points for millions of women worldwide can you?
American President
Defense secretary
British PM
italian Pm
english Pm
Spanish PM
Russian PM
South American leaders

From defense secretaries to lower level officials males outnumber females 9 to 1 ?

And what about religion ?

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 03:37:18 pm »
Males traditionally have held the superior positions. This is a fact. But this is now changing. I can give you some examples: Chairman of pepsico, De Beers group and many other big businesses. Changes take time!

I don't actually get the meaning of "Top positions in religion"? Do you mean the messengers of religion like Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) for Islam or Moses(PBUH) for Jews? But that is just the way Allah decided. Its completely up to him.

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 03:42:26 pm »
Bangladesh is a special case, a special breed of internal monarchical democracy.

Two parties are locked in a power struggle, and the leaders of these parties happen to be heirs to the predecessors.

Most countries, although give women a great deal of Freedom, such as America or Switzerland, they do not tend to give them the top seat, perhaps in fear of losing the rigid nature of society that most people have so far been accustomed to.

Often, woman activists are not fighting for equality, but rather dominance over their counterparts.

Freaked12

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 04:24:40 pm »
Bangladesh is a special case, a special breed of internal monarchical democracy.

Two parties are locked in a power struggle, and the leaders of these parties happen to be heirs to the predecessors.

Most countries, although give women a great deal of Freedom, such as America or Switzerland, they do not tend to give them the top seat, perhaps in fear of losing the rigid nature of society that most people have so far been accustomed to.

Often, woman activists are not fighting for equality, but rather dominance over their counterparts.

This is what i was asking

Alpha

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 04:47:42 pm »
Because Eve saw the apple red and ripe, while Adam saw it was still raw.  ;)

Freaked12

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 04:51:51 pm »
Because Eve saw the apple red and ripe, while Adam saw it was still raw.  ;)
LOL

nid404

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 04:38:51 am »
I've always wondered why.  ???

nid404

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 04:40:57 am »
I don't actually get the meaning of "Top positions in religion"? Do you mean the messengers of religion like Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) for Islam or Moses(PBUH) for Jews? But that is just the way Allah decided. Its completely up to him.

How do we know what God wants? These positions are decided by man, not God.

Alpha

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 08:38:23 am »

Heirs to the predecessors?

Can you elaborate on that please... I was always intrigued by the fact the Bangladeshi PM was a woman, similar for the opposition.

I'm a girl, and I agree to what you just said.

To ponder: religion came into existence by men? And not women?

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 09:00:55 am »
Heirs to the predecessors?

Can you elaborate on that please... I was always intrigued by the fact the Bangladeshi PM was a woman, similar for the opposition.

Long story cut short, they are the wives or daughters of past influential Bengali leaders. Quite frankly they did not rise up the posts, simply when their husbands or fathers died, they ascended to the thrones of their respective parties.

Khaleda Zia was President Zia's (A powerful army general) wife. Sheikh Hasina was Sheikh Mujib's Daughter (Father of the nation). So essentially there was no rise up in ranks, they simply assumed the position that their family members left.

Bengali Politics is complicated by definition, you will not find any type of politics so vulgar.

For your second question. There is no logical explanation, as logic is flawed in the making.

Alpha

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 09:24:50 am »
Long story cut short, they are the wives or daughters of past influential Bengali leaders. Quite frankly they did not rise up the posts, simply when their husbands or fathers died, they ascended to the thrones of their respective parties.

Khaleda Zia was President Zia's (A powerful army general) wife. Sheikh Hasina was Sheikh Mujib's Daughter (Father of the nation). So essentially there was no rise up in ranks, they simply assumed the position that their family members left.

Bengali Politics is complicated by definition, you will not find any type of politics so vulgar.

For your second question. There is no logical explanation, as logic is flawed in the making.

But they have no sons, brothers, uncles...?

And thank you for the explanation Dude.  ;)
+rep

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
    • Student Tech
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 09:28:06 am »
But they have no sons, brothers, uncles...?

And thank you for the explanation Dude.  ;)
+rep

Yes, Khaleda Zia has a son, who I believe is going to take her role.

Sheikh Hasina has a son, who is highly educated. But I believe his taste lies elsewhere, and he is not capable with leading Bangladesh.

And this type of Politics exists elsewhere as well. You look at Pakistan, you get Zardari who is Bhutto's Husband.

And the next in line to power in the party is Bhutto's son.

Alpha

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 09:30:06 am »
Yes, Khaleda Zia has a son, who I believe is going to take her role.

Sheikh Hasina has a son, who is highly educated. But I believe his taste lies elsewhere, and he is not capable with leading Bangladesh.

And this type of Politics exists elsewhere as well. You look at Pakistan, you get Zardari who is Bhutto's Husband.

And the next in line to power in the party is Bhutto's son.

Yeah, I'd followed Benazir Bhutto's 'era' well.

So, bottom thought: Governments are monarchies now.