Author Topic: WHICH SUBJECTS SHOULD I TAKE FOR A LEVELS???????  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Jonathanpandi

WHICH SUBJECTS SHOULD I TAKE FOR A LEVELS???????
« on: May 27, 2010, 06:53:28 pm »
ok so igcse is coming to an end and i think ive done pretty allright......so next year i wanna know what subjects to take that are going to be most beneficial to me.....ive heard that some universities prefer some subjects to others....is this true??? and also i wanna know if business studies is easier than the sciences ...and if taking 2 sciences maths and business is too hard.....and is it also true that they changed the computing syllabus and now its much harder??????PLS HELP

Offline diva_sparkles

• SF Citizen
Re: WHICH SUBJECTS SHOULD I TAKE FOR A LEVELS???????
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 06:56:59 pm »
i think it depends on wht field ur goin in!!
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive!!

Offline Chingoo

• Prima Donna u__u
  • SF Senior Citizen
  • RAWR
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 07:02:40 pm »
It depends on your field. There are universities for all kinds of fields out there, and it really depends on your grades, qualification and sometimes the subjects you pick within the field itself. What are your ambitions? Which subjects do you favor over others?

As far Business Studies being easier than Science, well yes, in short it is. The syllabus and questions are comparatively less complicated and no practicals are involved. But if you ask me I'd think it is the most miserable thing known to man because it doesn't make sense to me in the least. Hence, I'd pick science over humanities any day. So it comes down to your interest and proficiency.
All that is on earth will perish:
But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord--full of Majesty, Bounty & Honor.
Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?

Qura'n, Chapter 55: The Beneficent, Verses 26-28

Offline girl_92

• SF Geek
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 08:40:39 pm »
dude if u want a genuine advice trust me dnt take any subjects dont do alevels only i wish it was possible :P
nywayz it depends on ur field just decide wht u wanna do and den choose ur subjects accordingly if u work hard study on a daily basis den Alevels are goin to be a piece of cake for u without exaggeration but if u r a person like me who sits and waits till the last min den no1 can help u nd u ll end up cryin jus the way i am right now  :'(
some people sleep to dream while othrs wakeup to follow dem im the second type how abt u

Offline falafail

• SF Master
  • ab3'a 7asheesh
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 08:50:25 pm »
NOT PHYSICS.

Offline diva_sparkles

• SF Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 08:51:13 pm »
NOT PHYSICS.
y?? im plannin 2 tak phys!!!
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive!!

Offline falafail

• SF Master
  • ab3'a 7asheesh
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 08:53:25 pm »
y?? im plannin 2 tak phys!!!

personally i find it the hardest.