Author Topic: Edexcel CHEMISTRY DOUBTS!!!!  (Read 246747 times)

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: Edexcel CHEMISTRY DOUBTS!!!!
« Reply #750 on: February 15, 2011, 12:37:14 pm »
Thanx a lot Amelia...How do we know whether a particular group of hydrogen is a different proton environment?

You have to take a look at the neighboring carbon atom. The atoms the neighboring atom carries will identify whether the particular hydrogen is the same or different.

Example : CH4CH3Cl

Here we have two different proton environment. First in CH4, the neighboring carbon atom contains one Cl atom and 3 H atoms. Second in CH3Cl, the neighboring carbon atom carries 4 H atoms. The rest Hydrogen atoms are the same.

Have a look at this. ;)

Offline EMO123

• I Don't Know What To Do
  • SF V.I.P
  • Ficticious Boy
« Reply #751 on: February 16, 2011, 05:30:59 am »
You have to take a look at the neighboring carbon atom. The atoms the neighboring atom carries will identify whether the particular hydrogen is the same or different.

Example : CH4CH3Cl

Here we have two different proton environment. First in CH4, the neighboring carbon atom contains one Cl atom and 3 H atoms. Second in CH3Cl, the neighboring carbon atom carries 4 H atoms. The rest Hydrogen atoms are the same.

Have a look at this. ;)
this are amzing notes for me as well so thanxx deadly king

Offline Deadly_king

• <<Th3 BO$$>>
  • Global Moderator
  • SF Farseer
  • Hard work ALWAYS pays off.........just be patient!
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #752 on: February 16, 2011, 08:13:22 am »
this are amzing notes for me as well so thanxx deadly king

Glad that the notes helped you :D

Offline EMO123

• SF V.I.P
  • Ficticious Boy
« Reply #753 on: February 18, 2011, 03:16:48 pm »
always

**RoRo**

« Reply #754 on: February 19, 2011, 03:38:28 pm »
What's the difference between equilibrium and dynamic equilibrium? Especially in terms of their definition.

Offline EMO123

• SF V.I.P
  • Ficticious Boy
« Reply #755 on: February 19, 2011, 04:05:19 pm »
Equilibrium is the forward reaction is equals to the backward reaction

and what is dynamic reaction that i also don't know

Offline SauD~

• Chére
  • SF V.I.P
  • ~ I wish my dream comes true ~
« Reply #756 on: February 19, 2011, 04:15:59 pm »
An equilibrium can either be a dynamic equilibrium, where the reaction is still going on-but this might not be measureable because eventually the rate of the forward reaction will equal the rate of the backward reaction, or a static equilibrium where the reaction has completely stopped.

If a reaction reaches equilibrium the concentrations of products and concentrations of reactants remain constant.

If a reaction reaches dynamic equilibrium the concentrations of products and concentrations of reactants remain constant but both reactions are still going on, just at the same rate.

If a reaction reaches static equilibrium the concentrations of products and concentrations of reactants remain constant because the reaction has stopped.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080604135124AA8ybyj :)

**RoRo**

« Reply #757 on: February 19, 2011, 05:06:09 pm »
An equilibrium can either be a dynamic equilibrium, where the reaction is still going on-but this might not be measureable because eventually the rate of the forward reaction will equal the rate of the backward reaction, or a static equilibrium where the reaction has completely stopped.

If a reaction reaches equilibrium the concentrations of products and concentrations of reactants remain constant.

If a reaction reaches dynamic equilibrium the concentrations of products and concentrations of reactants remain constant but both reactions are still going on, just at the same rate.

If a reaction reaches static equilibrium the concentrations of products and concentrations of reactants remain constant because the reaction has stopped.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080604135124AA8ybyj :)

Thank you very much, that was very clear and helpful! :)

Offline SauD~

• Chére
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #758 on: February 19, 2011, 05:17:39 pm »
Thank you very much, that was very clear and helpful! :)
Welcome :)

**RoRo**

« Reply #759 on: February 20, 2011, 06:43:19 pm »
Okai, a question, if I have a reaction where there is a gas and a liquid that is present in the reactants side and they react to give me some product, if the pressure is increased, won't this favour the forward reaction and more of the product will be produced, even though both the reactants are not gases, or is it necessary that all the reactants are gases?

Offline SauD~

• Chére
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #760 on: February 20, 2011, 07:13:52 pm »
Okai, a question, if I have a reaction where there is a gas and a liquid that is present in the reactants side and they react to give me some product, if the pressure is increased, won't this favour the forward reaction and more of the product will be produced, even though both the reactants are not gases, or is it necessary that all the reactants are gases?
increasing pressure favors where less gaseous molecules are present.. remember this thing :)

it can be make out if you the reactant has more gas molecules and the product side has less molecules, the reaction will favor backward if increasing the pressure. :)
But if the reactant has less gas molecule compare to product side. increasing pressure will favor forward reaction :)

**RoRo**

« Reply #761 on: February 20, 2011, 07:26:08 pm »
increasing pressure favors where less gaseous molecules are present.. remember this thing :)

it can be make out if you the reactant has more gas molecules and the product side has less molecules, the reaction will favor backward if increasing the pressure. :)
But if the reactant has less gas molecule compare to product side. increasing pressure will favor forward reaction :)

Wait, you just got me confused.
Take this as an example:

N2 + 3H2 <----> 2NH3

There are more gas molecules on the reactants side than the products side, so what would increasing the pressure do and why?

So if the reactants has LESS gas molecules than the products side, increasing the pressure will do what?

Offline Amii

• SF Farseer
« Reply #762 on: February 20, 2011, 07:29:20 pm »
It will depend on the state of the product.And if the product is a gas - then the no. of molceules of the gas.Basically the no. of molcules of gas in each side of the equation.

If more no. of gas molcules on the right hand side - increasing the pressure will shift the equilibrium to the left as less no. of gas molcules.Opposite effect for decrease in pressure

If more no. of gas molcules on the left hand side - increasing the pressure will shift the equilibrium to the right. Opposite effect for decrease in pressure.

If both the sides of the equation have the same no. of gas molcules then position of the equilibrium is not affected by a change in pressure.

Suppose CH4.6H20(s) ----> CH4(g) + 6H2O (l)
                              <----  

Reducing the pressure for this reaction will cause the equilibrium to shift to the left.As 1 gas molceule present on the right hand side of the equation but none on the left hand side.

I hope it helps  :-[    
Warning  
LOL Saud posted before I could  :D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:37:21 pm by Amii »

By my sweeett nephew ;D

Offline Amii

• SF Farseer
« Reply #763 on: February 20, 2011, 07:34:24 pm »
Wait, you just got me confused.
Take this as an example:

N2 + 3H2 <----> 2NH3

There are more gas molecules on the reactants side than the products side, so what would increasing the pressure do and why?

So if the reactants has LESS gas molecules than the products side, increasing the pressure will do what?
Increasing the pressure will cause the equilibrium to shift to the side with less no. of gas molcules - that is the right hand side for this equation - so more Ammonia formed.

By my sweeett nephew ;D

**RoRo**

« Reply #764 on: February 20, 2011, 07:44:47 pm »
It will depend on the state of the product.And if the product is a gas - then the no. of molceules of the gas.Basically the no. of molcules of gas in each side of the equation.

If more no. of gas molcules on the right hand side - increasing the pressure will shift the equilibrium to the left as less no. of gas molcules.Opposite effect for decrease in pressure

If more no. of gas molcules on the left hand side - increasing the pressure will shift the equilibrium to the right. Opposite effect for decrease in pressure.

If both the sides of the equation have the same no. of gas molcules then position of the equilibrium is not affected by a change in pressure.

Suppose CH4.6H20(s) ----> CH4(g) + 6H2O (l)
                              <----  

Reducing the pressure for this reaction will cause the equilibrium to shift to the left.As 1 gas molceule present on the right hand side of the equation but none on the left hand side.

I hope it helps  :-[    
Warning  
LOL Saud posted before I could  :D

Alright, thanks alot! :)