Author Topic: Marriage  (Read 49105 times)

Offline PeaceMaker

• SF Immigrant
Re: Marriage
« Reply #285 on: May 13, 2010, 12:02:40 pm »
@PeaceMaker

I don't really oppose marriage, but I think everybody overestimates the 'importance' of love in marriage. I love my parent and brothers, and noone else. And I'm not really clear, how is it possible to love someone else. ::)

Yeah yeah, I do find some girls pretty, but love?! No way! ::)

If something called 'love' (for someone other than family members) exists, I would call it sheer madness. Because it definitely is.

And no. Everybody has different viewpoints about this. Its not technically possible to 'fall in love' with somebody. You said its 'complex'. Why not make everything simple?

And remember, its not compulsory to 'fall in love' to marry someone. So, this doesn't necessarily mean I oppose marriage.

Yeah exactly. I didn't really take it as you opposed it but i was stating my view on marriage and love in general. Its complex as in, its a very complex feeling and not a very complex thing to do. Its just i don't know how to explain the feeling but as i said " i ts a very great and pleasing feeling "

Its of course not compulsory to fall in love and marry someone. It all depends on what the person want to do, some people like to say "I want to see more of life before giving into such thing" some people just arn't comfortable and prefer to be alone "Not emo" but they feel comfortable alone. Some people cannot do such a thing because the goal they are aiming at is not compatible for such a thing until maybe at a later time in life.

But for me, its a beautiful, thoughtful, completing and wonderful thing. Loving a girl by looks of course isn't love, thats lust.

Love is just loving the persons soul you know? its just that you cant see yourself without the girl. She maybe awesome, beautiful, very funny and you both just have stuff in common and you enjoy her company.

I think in my view, is that when you love a person, then the person that you loved is a person you cannot live without or see yourself without. You just feel right when your with that person.

But of course, its not compulsory. This is life, its full of options so choose what suits you best. ;)

Offline Diablo

• SF Citizen
« Reply #286 on: May 13, 2010, 01:52:20 pm »
http://goatmilkblog.com/2009/11/30/top-10-things-you-should-never-discuss-online/

10 things not to be discussed
Hahaha! The middle east part is so true. I hope to live to see the day where everyone can understand each other and know what peace is  :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:55:42 pm by Diablo »

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #287 on: May 13, 2010, 03:11:06 pm »
Its of course not compulsory to fall in love and marry someone. It all depends on what the person want to do, some people like to say "I want to see more of life before giving into such thing" some people just arn't comfortable and prefer to be alone "Not emo" but they feel comfortable alone. Some people cannot do such a thing because the goal they are aiming at is not compatible for such a thing until maybe at a later time in life.

Well, I seem to fall in the last category! ;)

Good luck in achieving what you want!

Offline PeaceMaker

• SF Immigrant
« Reply #288 on: May 13, 2010, 03:28:22 pm »
Well, I seem to fall in the last category! ;)

Good luck in achieving what you want!

Thanks. And good luck to you too, mate!

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #289 on: May 13, 2010, 03:39:34 pm »
Thanks. And good luck to you too, mate!

You're welcome!

***exam***

« Reply #290 on: May 13, 2010, 10:51:18 pm »
i dont think true love exists any more  its just in fairy tales

leaving that point alone loving a person doesnt mean u marry him/her its just that u love .  generally marriage has the power to break strongest love  marriage leaves evry one with only responsibilities and nothing

and OMG 
I read about this person being killed because he entered a chatroom and kept insulting a religion!
Here in Egypt, an 18 year old girl was talking about Egyptian politics, they tracked her and police took her into jail. =| It was like seriously a big issue in Egypt, you can google it.
how  can anyone take debates so personally !!!

Offline sweetest angel

• Oh dear beach I await...
  • SF Geek
« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2010, 10:42:03 pm »
i dont think true love exists any more  its just in fairy tales

Disney rules this world :)
"Dont fear the creation, but fear the creator who has created the creation you fear"
"If you educate a man, you educate an individual, but if you educate a female, you educate a nation"
 I DO WHAT I WANT WHERE I WANT WHEN I WANT if mom says ok.

***exam***

« Reply #292 on: May 15, 2010, 10:50:15 pm »
oh yeh true

Offline plavelil

• SF Citizen
« Reply #293 on: May 16, 2010, 05:31:57 am »
true love as mentioned by ***exam*** exists in fairy tales.... i truely support that viewpoint but genuine or tru love does not need to exist onli in fairy tales ....

i bellive that the savagery in every man or woman has made him/ her go after the importance of wealth and power so th evalue of love vanishes even between families or people disappears......
marriage shows the legal connection between a man and woman ..... in spiritual terms it is given as a commandment by God ...

i find now adays people do carry out living relationships..... which are common which i s absolutely wrong.....
and i don't belive falling in love after marraige  .......it is better to fall in love then get married or leave your life as a bachelor till the end..... ;D

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #294 on: May 16, 2010, 06:29:07 am »
guys y talk abt marriage when we r not even in the marriage age to even start talkin abt it .....just chill mates  ;)............
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

***exam***

« Reply #295 on: May 16, 2010, 01:37:36 pm »
guys y talk abt marriage when we r not even in the marriage age to even start talkin abt it .....just chill mates  ............

lol right !!
but i thought we were supposed 2 debate on marriage  ;)

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #296 on: May 16, 2010, 06:47:22 pm »
Man and woman are one. That is why marriage has existed for centuries.

It puts responsibility in a pair, and united them under a common goal.

You see, you need to realize, that, independence is offered in marriage, its just that you have to be wise when coming to chose a Husband.

Thank you Alpha for your elaborate explanation and argument.

Offline The Golden Girl =D

• Without Allah I'm nothing <3
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
  • Ain't Nothin worth your tears =D
    • www.thegoldengirl157.blogspot.com
« Reply #297 on: May 16, 2010, 07:22:29 pm »

lol right !!
but i thought we were supposed 2 debate on marriage  ;)

lol  :D
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Please, Don't forget to Include GG in your Prayers =D

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #298 on: May 17, 2010, 12:21:22 pm »
Lol yes! This topic is now a debate ON marriage! ::)

Yes I do think its necessary for people to marry. But women should get rid of the idea that they "can't". Thats not true. Well, they can. And often without men. So career of a women comes first. Then husband and kids. No compromise with career.

But putting it the other way, my picture of a successful couple is this:

Rich husband with more money than ever will be needed and of course, generous.
No divorces.
No more than 4 obedient children.
Absolute trust between husband and wife.
If she wants, the wife can work or be a housewife.

This is quite enough in my opinion.

Problem is, not every families are rich. Most are not. Here comes need for the women to be a 'career woman'. And in this case, the wife's career comes at front of everything, even her husband and kids. Because the family must have enough money to cater for everything that might be needed like education and buying houses and properties and stuffs.

Pz.

***exam***

« Reply #299 on: May 17, 2010, 01:00:24 pm »
its not only money we want to work 4  its for standing up on ur feet being urself  and achieving  goal :)
Rich husband with more money than ever will be needed and of course, generous.
No divorces.
No more than 4 obedient children.
Absolute trust between husband and wife.
If she wants, the wife can work or be a housewife.

the wife should  be the rich one
OMG 4 kids which world r u in ??  :o :o :o
Yes I do think its necessary for people to marry. But women should get rid of the idea that they "can't". Thats not true. Well, they can. And often without men. So career of a women comes first. Then husband and kids. No compromise with career.
wow that is true !!