Author Topic: Marriage  (Read 49125 times)

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
Re: Marriage
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2010, 01:20:50 pm »
@Alpha: LOL. Besides his religion, I'd like him to be goooddd looking, like seriously good looking, Educated, good job, nice parents (not those annoying mother-in-laws :P), from here but live in Saudi, caring, loving, romantic, funny, entertaining, cool, nice car, understanding, there when I need him, not "perfect", because perfect people wind me up sometimes (:P), muscular, but not toooo muscular with huge arms and stuff, kind hearted, lovely, beautiful, LOL. I can go on for ages- in a world of my own I am, committed, NO SECOND WIFE- I REPEAT, NO SECOND WIFE, not even THINK about a second wife.

LOOL. The list will go one- for ages :P

@Stylish: Thank you ! :D  
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2010, 01:41:20 pm »
You're welcome Roxy! :)

Alpha, yes she will be. I want her to be too! Not restrict her like you want wives to be... ::)

By the way, I just read sweetest angels first posts in this topic. And THATS the attitude for success! Way to go, girl! :D

Alpha

« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2010, 02:47:22 pm »
Sweetest Angel,

If the world is round, no matter the direction, you all keep roaming round and round...  :)

You didn't get me, I referred to the ocean of marriage.

"a push"?. tell me one thing. As a woman, with kids, who wants to go outside for say, a doctorate degree. Your husband works in the country. Will you, as a married woman, have the final saying if you should or shouldn't go? the answer is NO. You will consider other things first, like your kids, your husband's work and other aspects of people or things dependent on you. Don't tell me as a married couple you will work it out, cause you don't. You will have to come with terms to the fact that your family is first. Even if this comes willingly, it never the less wouldn't have been the choice as a single lady.

Then, will you forever remain single just because you wanted freedom of choice?

That's an argument that will hold for anything, not only marriage.

TBH, even as a single woman, I would have to consider many factors before I make any decision. Every choice has a cost, it's normal.
Nobody compels anyone to put marriage before studies.

Like you, I have to build up my professional life and career too. But I would just not give myself the opportunity to regret things I could have done, but never did.

True. But do you mean to say that you can't do that independently? You can, with no obligations or commitments.

Comes to my point... Do you mean married couples can never achieve success? They can too, WITH support. And help.

if say, your parents have not given birth to you, their lives would have changed tremendously. to the better maybe?

I wouldn't say that...  ::) LOL, am a burden for them then? All kids hinder success?

I dare speak for my parents concerning this... There couldn't have been better joy for them than their offspring, than me and my sister.  :)

sry my typing is included into the quote box

No prob.

@Alpha: LOL. Besides his religion, I'd like him to be goooddd looking, like seriously good looking, Educated, good job, nice parents (not those annoying mother-in-laws :P), from here but live in Saudi, caring, loving, romantic, funny, entertaining, cool, nice car, understanding, there when I need him, not "perfect", because perfect people wind me up sometimes (:P), muscular, but not toooo muscular with huge arms and stuff, kind hearted, lovely, beautiful, LOL. I can go on for ages- in a world of my own I am, committed, NO SECOND WIFE- I REPEAT, NO SECOND WIFE, not even THINK about a second wife.

LOL, yeah, the list is quite long...  :D

But that was honest, and............................................................ well elaborated.  ;)

That's for SURE, NO second wife. Not at all. And plus, NO SMOKING. Period.

By the way, I just read sweetest angels first posts in this topic. And THATS the attitude for success! Way to go, girl! :D

WHAT was I saying....  ::)

Restricted?  :o Show me where I said that. Prove it.  :P

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2010, 02:58:01 pm »
lol- yehh, deffo no smoking :)
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him." [65: 2-3]

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2010, 04:58:04 pm »

Yikes

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2010, 09:37:44 pm »

Offline Saladin

• The Samurai
  • Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
  • I believe in those who believe in me
    • Student Tech
« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2010, 09:38:56 pm »
Yes indeed. The muscles is just plain pushin it!

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2010, 09:39:50 pm »
Lol. I don;t want him to be lanky!

and not OVERLY MUSCULAR

Monica

« Reply #143 on: May 06, 2010, 09:40:55 pm »
Lol. I don;t want him to be lanky!

and not OVERLY MUSCULAR

Not buff she means.  :P Something like Jacob Black :P

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #144 on: May 06, 2010, 09:42:25 pm »
Not buff she means.  :P Something like Jacob Black :P

Yess! He neeeedss to be BUUFFFFFF! LOOOL.

Buff means hott :P

And yeah, as mascular, or a teeeennniii weeenii bit less mascular than Jabob. LOL.
LOL.

Monica

« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2010, 09:59:14 pm »

Yess! He neeeedss to be BUUFFFFFF! LOOOL.

Buff means hott :P

And yeah, as mascular, or a teeeennniii weeenii bit less mascular than Jabob. LOL.
LOL.

8-6 packs kinda guy. *shakes roxy* stop dreaming!  :P

Offline Ukhti-R

• Striving for Jannah
  • Honorary Member
  • SF Overlord
« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2010, 10:00:08 pm »
8-6 packs kinda guy. *shakes roxy* stop dreaming!  :P

4 pack's okay :)

LOL

Offline $tyli$h Executive

• Honorary Member
  • SF V.I.P
« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2010, 02:40:20 am »
My mom says 'A woman can tolerate ANYTHING but NOT sharing his husband with another woman'.

How true it is...! :D

Alpha

« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2010, 02:45:04 am »
Hm, not sharing her* husband...  :)

Offline sweetest angel

• Oh dear beach I await...
  • SF Geek
« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2010, 05:00:12 am »

tee-hee thank u :).

[/quote]
Then, will you forever remain single just because you wanted freedom of choice?

That's an argument that will hold for anything, not only marriage.

TBH, even as a single woman, I would have to consider many factors before I make any decision. Every choice has a cost, it's normal.
Nobody compels anyone to put marriage before studies.

Like you, I have to build up my professional life and career too. But I would just not give myself the opportunity to regret things I could have done, but never did.

[/quote]

Your list will definitely be shorter with no kids. Tell me something, name one thing, just ONE, that your parents do, in a normal day, which is not for you and your sister? Work to get you money, maybe help you with home work? Even when they pray, its for them as well as for you, so that GOD takes care of you when they are gone. So you are telling me that I can be successful with kids? I am sorry about bringing up the point that they would have been happier without you, may bad, they maybe will not. Even if life takes me to a martial life, i'll put my kids first and i'll love them indefinitely. BUT THAT IS THE POINT! I don't want my love to a husband and to kids to keep me in place!

[/quote]
Comes to my point... Do you mean married couples can never achieve success? They can too, WITH support. And help.
 [/quote]

You forgot to mention, and twice the load, twice the responsibility, and countless points to consider before taking a simple decision like should i go to that presentation or not.
With kids: I'll have to go late until they sleep, and make him dinner. Then I'll have to wake early in the morning to make them breakfast (and maybe drop them to school). A first child? then you will never get out of home without a nanny that you trust. Of course AFTER your first maternity year.
without kids: Yes, I'll just call to check for the timings, I don't want to come back very late. period.

And By the way you guys talking about the characteristics you want in a husband reminds me of this joke :P
It goes like this : A new shop has opened for the perfect husband. Women go in from the entrance and can keep going to the next floor, but can not go back. they will have to leave from the top. So this lady goes in, first floor: Husband with intelligence. she is tempted but goes on to the second: Husband with intelligence AND a sense of humor. Hmm, goes to the third: Husband with intelligence AND a sense of humor AND is handsome. WOW that's a bargain, but wait she goes up: Husband with intelligence AND a sense of humor AND is handsome AND is good with kids. The lady wants to scream, she doesn't believe it, but goes up.: You have reached the last floor, exit is on your left. Women are never satisfied are they?

LOL a guy has to be like superman to be liked :P and a girl has to flick her hair with a nice blink eh? :P

Sry for a lengthy post, it called for it ;)
"Dont fear the creation, but fear the creator who has created the creation you fear"
"If you educate a man, you educate an individual, but if you educate a female, you educate a nation"
 I DO WHAT I WANT WHERE I WANT WHEN I WANT if mom says ok.